Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43352 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #90 on: May 9, 2014, 10:28 AM »
Not familiar with any Chinese monster lore in the Marvel Universe.  Best guess would be look at the Mandarin.  The "real" one referenced in the 1-shot, not Trevor. 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM »
The only Chinese monster that comes to mind is Fin Fang Foom.  And the Mandarin would be the other tie-in, there.  But based on the Iron Man story arc in the MCU and the Ten Rings, that doesn't seem quite as likely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #92 on: May 9, 2014, 11:01 AM »
Watch the Marvel One-Shot "All Hail the King".  It kinda changes things after IM3.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 9, 2014, 12:08 PM »
I've seen the one-shot.  I know that the Ben Kingsley character was a red herring.  I'm actually referring to the terrorist leader from the first Iron Man movie.  I've thought that HE would eventually become the real Mandarin.

Feedback

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45 PM »
New Fall scheduled was released. SHIELD is moving to 9PM (Eastern) and Agent Carter will be shown during the winter hiatus. So no more of the stupid two weeks on, two weeks off, one week on, three weeks off tomfoolery like this season had. They will be showing the first half of the season, then Agent Carter, and then the second half with no repeats.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Holy crap, that was a kick-ass finale tonight! They pulled all the potential together that this show offered from the start...a way to introduce 2nd tier comic figures like Deathlok, a means to pull together the various movie continuities, and overall just a great vehicle to expand the Marvel universe in new and interesting ways.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

The May/Ward fight was both epic and brutal. LOVED the way it ended, bolts to the foot...so freaking perfect.

Fury was money as usual...the banter with Coulson in the scene with Garrett near the end was hilarious. Loved how they tied up that whole unresolved stuff between them too. Also freaking awesome swerve with Coulson blasting Garrett to pieces after his seeming resurrection...too funny.

Little concerned we won't get Fitz back next season, I really hope that is not the case, he was a key part of the team dynamic I think. Losing Ward is enough.

Man, the couple of ending scenes were super cool too. Skye's dad?!? Coulson with the weird alien glyphs? (Was that a map or some sort of schematic, like for say an Infinity Gauntlet or something? Hmmm)

A+++, best finale of any show I've seen this year. Can't wait for next season!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2014, 12:26 AM »
Awesome episode. Paxton played a good villain.  ;D

Bring on season 2!

Agent Carter.. will see..  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Pretty good resolution to the whole Garrett / Deathlok storyline.  Paxton was great in the role, both as the seasoned agent as well as that of the turncoat.  And when he took the drug?  He played the crazed angle well, too.

There was definitely something about Coulson when he was with Fury that was great.  It seemed to bring him back to that vibe he had in the MCU movies prior to the launch of the series.  And when he had the Destroyer gun?  That was just awesome!

There are definitely some significant hanging storylines.  The gravitonium, Ian Quinn and Rena are all still at large.  Ward's captivity is probably going to be an ongoing storyline as SHIELD interrogates him about Garrett and Hydra.  Skye's story is clearly something they want to explore.  And it seems as though May is going to need to continue to keep tabs on Coulson.  Oh, and all the while they need to focus on rebuilding SHIELD.

There are definitely some interesting places for the series to go.  And with Hydra set to be a factor in the upcoming Avengers - Age of Ultron?  I think that we're very likely to see another tie-in between Agents of SHIELD and that movie.

Feedback

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2014, 02:43 PM »
great episode
the onl thing i didn't like
Director Coulson? really?!?!?! just doesn't have the same ring to it as Director Fury. And did Fury just paint a big red target on Coulsons head by doing that. I mean isn't SHIELD basically considered a terrorist organization now, and Coulson is now handed the keys.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2014, 01:12 PM »
That was a fun episode. I love the banter between Coulson and Fury as Garrett was boasting about ruling the world. The destroyer gun was fantastic! I just didn't understand if everyone is outside getting things mopped up, why did they leave Garrett's body on the ground inside? Shouldn't there have been someone around bagging him? He puts himself together and I thought here is the beginning of Aquarius but then gets splatted into goo by Coulson.

So whats with the same guy running the Playground as he did in the other hidden bunker? Is he a clone or medical hologram-type guy or just some alien? No more Ward on the team but I think he will be back. He still has to grab Skye for her father. I just wonder if the black guy is also Hydra since he initially showed up with Garrett.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2014, 01:18 PM »
So whats with the same guy running the Playground as he did in the other hidden bunker? Is he a clone or medical hologram-type guy or just some alien?

I wonder if he's just simply a twin.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2014, 02:15 PM »
He's either a twin or a clone.  Because Ward killed Eric Koenig at the first secret facility.  Skye discovered him because his blood was dripping down from the drop ceiling where Ward had hidden his body.

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2014, 07:15 PM »
I just didn't understand if everyone is outside getting things mopped up, why did they leave Garrett's body on the ground inside? Shouldn't there have been someone around bagging him? He puts himself together and I thought here is the beginning of Aquarius but then gets splatted into goo by Coulson.

I thought the same thing.  I thought that whole scene was unnecessary.  Other than that, I really liked the season finale.

So whats with the same guy running the Playground as he did in the other hidden bunker? Is he a clone or medical hologram-type guy or just some alien? No more Ward on the team but I think he will be back. He still has to grab Skye for her father. I just wonder if the black guy is also Hydra since he initially showed up with Garrett.

I don't think Triplett is Hydra.  It was mentioned that he is a grandson of a Howling Commando (I'm assuming Gabriel Jones) and that's where the team got some of the weapons used in the last couple episodes.

So whats with the same guy running the Playground as he did in the other hidden bunker? Is he a clone or medical hologram-type guy or just some alien?

I wonder if he's just simply a twin.

He didn't seem too broken up over his brother's death if he was a twin.  Maybe a clone or the new Marvel universe version of a Life Model Decoy?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #103 on: August 7, 2014, 06:47 PM »
I guess after seeing GOtG, it's no mistake what species that alien is.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 8, 2014, 05:46 PM »
Agreed, I was thinking that during the movie as well.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy