Author Topic: Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios  (Read 25936 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios
« on: March 13, 2014, 06:37 AM »
Check out www.bossfightstudio.com and like them on Facebook as well. 

First up looks like a Greek Warrior (think more Achilles than 300)   

These are the former Hasbro guys that did a bunch of Joe, Marvel universe and Star Wars figures that many of us have in our collections.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:44 AM »
Looks like Boss Fight Studios finally revealed the full first series of their 4" Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. = Highly Articulated Character Kit System

Sort of a blend between custom kits and SA figures.  The first Series has Athenians, Gorgons, Spartans, and more.  You can check out the pics here and here.

I'll definitely be picking up a few of these I think.  Not sure I'll need all the Celestial/Statue variants, but definitely interested in checking out their kickstarter once it goes up.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:08 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Yeah I love the concept...  I wonder what "eras" they may look into?

Or if they'll try complimentary stuff for other toy lines at some point? 

Love their stuff, it's really high quality looking.

BTW, tell me that tail on the Medusa/Gorgon character doesn't remind you of the articulation style to the VOTC Chewie's torso?  That's still some innovative work I marvel at when I look at that Chewbacca figure.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:00 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Boss Fight's Kickstarter has begun: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/813878470/boss-fight-studios-vitruvian-hacks-action-figures

Figures are a bit pricier than I would have liked ($17+) so I haven't pledged anything. I feel like I was able to get a lot more bang for my buck from Marauders, plus now other lines I collect have product shipping soon (Star Wars, Marvel, Walking Dead) so I'm much more hesitant to spend my cash. I'm sure I will eventually cave for one of each figure, but I doubt I'll army build some Greeks like I initially planned.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2014, 01:14 PM »
I would totally buy a set of these.  How does the pledge portion work?  Is that currently the only way to get the figures?  Cool stuff, but I found their site very confusing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 4, 2014, 03:11 PM »
I would totally buy a set of these.  How does the pledge portion work?  Is that currently the only way to get the figures?  Cool stuff, but I found their site very confusing.

The Kickstarter is essentially a pre-order, in that you would pay now and (assuming the project gets funded; if it doest you don't pay anything) get the figures later. Each reward level is a different item, so if you wanted a single Spartan you would pledge $30 and select that reward. Then there is a seperate Fundafull site to purchase additional figures. If you don't want to pay up front Boss Fight's goal is to make nearly everything available thru a website later. A couple of the figures are exclusive to this Kickstarter though (bronze Spartan and "Celestial" repaints).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 4, 2014, 09:17 PM »
What about the stretch goals?  It looks like the pre-curse Medusa was shown, but is not available with wave 1?  I'd like to get a few Spartans and the Medusa with and without legs, but not crazy about spending a ton for them.  I'd bite on the $30 Spartan if it meant I could for sure order legs Medusa.  Decisions decisions.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 4, 2014, 11:10 PM »
What about the stretch goals?  It looks like the pre-curse Medusa was shown, but is not available with wave 1?  I'd like to get a few Spartans and the Medusa with and without legs, but not crazy about spending a ton for them.  I'd bite on the $30 Spartan if it meant I could for sure order legs Medusa.  Decisions decisions.

It looks like if you want to purchase any additional items (including any unlocked stretch goals) during the Kickstarter, you have to pledge for at least the $115 one-of-each reward level. That's rather annoying and costly if you just want two or three figures. Considering the project is nearly funded and will most likely hit the $90k stretch goal for the Medusa, it might be more cost-effective for you to wait things out and buy what you want once they are offered up for regular sale online.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 10:55 AM »
These look super cool.  Too bad Hasbro isn't still employing these guys to make SW figures.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:34 PM by Dave »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 09:41 PM »
See how much this thing made?  They hit that $90k and then some. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 01:29 AM »
Yeah... so I splurged on this one. I went for the $500 "all-in" on the last day. I think there is something like 40+ figures including blank bodies. It was an irresistible deal!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 02:32 AM »
My brother got in on it...  I don't know what but all I know is he said I can have some skeletons, and I like skeletons so that's cool.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 06:49 PM »
I really wanted to but couldn't swing it. i got someone to get me a skeleton though to go with my skeleton warriors.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46 PM »
The skeletons look great, and I really want to army build them. I want to get one in-hand first though to make sure the final product is sturdy. I'd be somewhat disappointed if the skeletons end up like Hasbro's Battle Droids. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Remember these?  They have finally opened non-kickstarter pre-orders for the Wave 1 stuff.

http://bossfightshop.com/
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender