Author Topic: Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios  (Read 25883 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2017, 03:18 AM »
Yeah I popped the bed on my budgeting this month or I'd have bought a few.  I had to pass. 

I really want some HACKS guys sometime but it keeps getting pushed aside for Hiya and Acid Rain.  Thinking I may change that for that mage figure in wave 2.  Probably time to put in an order for some wv1 then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2018, 02:54 AM »

Not to draw any money away from any of the myriad of kickstarters out there right now, but...

Vitruvian HACKS Wave 1 stuff (Greek warriors/mythology stuff) is on sale right now through Boss Fight's store!  Enter PRESIDENTSDAY for 20% off which makes for a nice tidy way to pick up a Medusa, or some Greek Troopers you've been putting off buying.

https://boss-fight-studio-the-store.myshopify.com/collections/series-1

While there pick up instant dead Owen/Beru figures in buying a couple skeletons for $14.99 each too. :)

Seriously, the skeletons are awesome, but so are the rest of the figures.  My brother backed them all-in and I was able to mess with the figures before he came to pick them up and they're great quality stuff.  I ordered a couple Greeks and a Medusa tonight.  Not a lot but enough to have a spot on my collection shelves.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:14 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 9, 2018, 01:37 PM »
They've got a "Mighty Steed" Kickstarter going.

Looks pretty cool.  I'm particularly interested in the Centaur kit.

I funded it at a moderate level, but may increase my support level depending on how many things get unlocked.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 11:36 PM »
I backed the Mighty Steeds Kickstarter. I backed at the Canter level and will be adding at least one more horse, if not two, later.

They changed things a couple times and overall, it seemed more complicated to pick a level for this than on the other Kickstarters I've backed. I haven't backed any of the other BF Kickstarters and I didn't look back at them to know if this is a thing with them. But I've backed two Marauder's offerings and never had a problem reading and figuring out the levels that fit what I wanted.

I was also disappointed that they added a horse, Goldie, part way into the campaign but didn't move up the elk or the Centaurs, which didn't unlock. Not knowing the behind-the-scenes workings on getting this line manufactured, and how it needed to be funded, it just seemed like they could have spread the creatures around more for a better chance at unlocking more varied things than just a couple standard horse repaints and tack and accessories that kind of don't go with the figures they've sold. The Australian modern tack and Western accessories were out of place. I'd have preferred an Elven tack kit and accessories. I get the Roman soldier stuff, it works, but man, all those unlocked accessories? Hoo...would I have liked those.

The only thing I really wanted out of that was the elk and unless they pull some serious shell game on the Backerkit and figure out a way to include that, or the Centaurs, the whole thing was kind of a disappointment for me. I will say that I'm pretty impressed with the Pegasus/Dark Pegasus sets and I will be getting those, but the what ifs on this one make me sad.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2018, 09:35 AM »
I backed at the Canter level too and I also really wanted the Centaur. 

I'm hoping most of these things are already in the works and they find a way to make these more affordable to those that backed the kickstarter.  If they don't find a way to sneak in a few more options I think I'm going to end up feeling like I way overpaid, and thus I'm not likely to do this with them again.  I was too slow on the original HACKS stuff and was disappointed I missed out on some cool things, and now its the opposite.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 03:58 PM »
Finally got these a couple of days ago.   If I would have known it would take two years I probably wouldn't have done it 

I bought a unicorn and pegasus for my 8-year old daughter because she loved this stuff.  Now at 10 she's not so interested. ::)

I got some other things too, and these look awesome, but it took a lot longer than their original Vitruvian HACKS stuff to come to market.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2020, 08:07 PM »
I’m veeeeery late to the H.A.C.K.S. party here, but got my very first Boss Fight figure this week, their Hero HACKS Zorro. I haven’t gotten to crack it open and everything yet, but the whole thing looks amazing so far. I also have the Tarzan preordered, and I could see this being a rabbit hole too.