Author Topic: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)  (Read 35458 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Wow.  I barely saw any of these in the stores. 

Was Hasbro's production run that small, or did they ship them all to eastern Europe to be clearanced?

I wonder if the same thing is going to happen to the TBS figures.  I don't think I've seen anything new since October.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Yeah, I find the early Target clearance to be an interesting move for a number of reasons. Were there that few made or did the time just run out on these with the coming Sept relaunch? How long until Walmart and TRU follow suit? Will we ever see these show up at places like 5 Below or TJ MAXX?

It certainly was a brief window where these things hit. I'm sure they will re-pack most of the Rebels figures in future waves, but I can definitely see some guys like the Jedi Temple Guard falling off the radar for awhile.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2015, 10:50 PM »
Wow.  I barely saw any of these in the stores. 

Was Hasbro's production run that small, or did they ship them all to eastern Europe to be clearanced?

Yeah, I find the early Target clearance to be an interesting move for a number of reasons. Were there that few made or did the time just run out on these with the coming Sept relaunch?

Both.  Lots of reports that Hasbro is "sold out" on these cases due to small production runs.  If Target can't get any more product from Hasbro and has nothing left in their DC, they're not going to sit on empty pegs until Ep7.  It becomes time to clearance and use the space for something else.

I wonder if the same thing is going to happen to the TBS figures.  I don't think I've seen anything new since October.

TBS has more waves coming (at least one, potentially two assuming Wave 8 isn't cancelled) so in theory, it should be safe from clearance...  for now.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Picked up a Bespin Han at Target for $1.94 cause why not, eh?

Doesn't quite beat the $1.00 Clone Wars figures I found at one point on a Walmart clearance aisle, but it's pretty good.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy