Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILERS)  (Read 139835 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One (SPOILERS)
« Reply #270 on: December 8, 2016, 08:22 AM »
Ser Barristan! I like him. This is a solid cast they have built.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2016, 04:14 PM »
One thing that has bugged me and still is bugging me right up to release date of Rogue One is the existence of the Rebels in the Cartoon vs the "Rebellion" shown in the movies

I said this way back last year...they could have went after multiple birds with one stone by converging plots/characters etc into this movie instead of making a new group of Rebels to steal the plans.  Plus you could conveniently off the Cell in their delivery of the Plans to Leia and close the loose ends around "A New Hope" "The last of the Jedi" etc etc etc  Now they are going to do this in the Cartoon half-assed and leave open the possibilities of them being alive for post EU stories or co-timeline OT stories.   Its going to really bug me if Rebels leave Kanan and Ezra alive...the rest of the Ghost crew not so much, I get the multiple cells and big galaxy jazz but the Star Wars team has purposely tied them into the OT (Vader, Lando, Leia, the Droids etc)

I also think it would be a perfect way to have brought in Ahsoka to the movie universe as well and definitively resolve her plotline.  Oh well, more toys, more characters more money for Disney
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:19 PM by Scott »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Saw it last night and had time to digest it all.
Not having the crawl was kind of weird but it really didn't take long for it to feel like Star Wars.
Tarkin and Leia in there were cool, the cgi to me looked a bit off but that might have been the cinema and the fact I was still a bit tired but man that movie was cool, it's got a place in the top 3
Vader, he was only in it for a bit but jesus he was brutal and James Earl Jones voice just gave me chills.
There were plenty of nods to the original movie as well, seeing red5 die made it clear why Luke got the call sign and finally we learn that the exhaust port was planned all along
I can't wait to see it again to look for stuff going on in the background, I'm sure I saw the ghost flying around in a few scenes so very cool
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Totally awesome!

Was that The Ghost that crashed in to a star destroyer and broke up when the rebel fleet was dispersing?

I haven't read much about the movie so as to avoid spoilers.  I'd love to hear how they did the tarkin and leia scenes. Loved the ANH pilots, although it would have been great to see porkins and Biggs and wedge.

Didn't care much for the ponda baba and dr evazan cameo, but loved all the rest.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:44 PM by Dave »

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2016, 11:13 PM »
Excellent

New characters were great. Loved they all died. Finality!

Space battle was great.

I thought I saw The Ghost on Yavin 4. Gonna have to look for it more next viewing.

Vader just missing the plans was brilliant.

Red 5 dying!

Vader in the bacta tank

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:14 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: December 16, 2016, 12:16 AM »
Loved it 100%.  Can't really find anything to complain about right now...  really really glad I avoided spoilers so things like Tarkin and Leia were a surprise.

Ponda/Evazan cameo was funny to me - guess we know they survived Jedha. ;) 

Re: Rebels cameos,  I think they were paging a General Syndulla at one point on Yavin  too.  Funny.  Like Scott said, I was really expecting them in there someplace, but maybe they were and I missed it...

Loved the fact that none of them was a secret Jedi or anything too.  I was worried Chirrut was going to end up revealing himself as one, glad the only Jedi was Vader.  >:D  Man, Vader was awesome - the bacta tank, the taking out the RFTs = AWESOME.  Was that secret base of Vader's on Mustafar?  I wasn't sure if I missed that planet name or what...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2016, 12:30 AM »
That was awesome!  I cannot believe all the cameos.  I liked them all - the death Star droid, R2 and 3P0, Bail, Rebel Pilots, and obviously Garmin and Leia.  There were a bunch a short audio lines too like the paging Syndulla, K2's "I have a bad feeling about this," even the stormtroopers were saying something about the T16s being decommissioned.  So much awesomeness I can't wait to see it again. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2016, 12:42 AM »
I loved it, and honestly has to be in my top 3 and possibly 2 star wars films.  A perfect compliment to ANH in every way.  I saw several ghost cameos but don't recall it on Yavin IV.  They did call for General Syndulla though. 

I thought the Jedha street fight was gritty and realistic.  Again so glad I grabbed those Prince of Persia playsets cheap because they will work for that.

I loved the hammerhead corvettes from TOR and then Rebels sacrificing itself... 

And I swear I saw R2MK in one of the hangar shots on Yavin.  Could be wrong, but man I wanna be right.

Oh and Juggernaughts in the Empire?  Awesome.  Tarkin and Leia?  Awesome.  Vader?  Awesome.  They didn't name the planet but I'm hoping that was indeed Mustafar.  And Vader has a butler?  Awesome.

Blue squadron basically wiped out?  Nice inside joke of sorts there. 

Oh YWings bombing ****?  Awesome.  I loved seeing the ATACTs brought down not easily but by more than tow cables.  This blasters don't cut it but lasers apparently can. 

K2SO...  Fantastic.

I'd say if I haves complaint, it's that I want far more black series 3.75" figs than we'll get from this movie.  I want every Rebel, Imperial, and any other figure I could get from this film... In triplicate. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2016, 01:20 AM »
Incredible...felt a little long but I had to pee pretty bad for the last hour so I'm sure that didn't help.

Might as well get the tiny quibbles out of the way first: could have done without the Walrusman/Evazan cameos, but all the other ones were terrific I thought. Kinda wish the Tantive escape had not been quite so obvious because that sort of destroys the whole plausibility of being on a diplomatic mission.

Was it just me or did Vader's neck look really large? Maybe it was the 3D.

Really wish I could have seen what became of the Ghost at the end there, but it was a lot to take in the first time around. I loved the General Syndulla page.

Vader bring a total badass was awesome to behold. Tarkin they pulled off surpringly well I thought. Pretty much all the fighting was terrific, from the hand to hand stuff to the aerial dogfights.

Glad we got to actually see the Deathtroopers in action! And happy to see Edrio Two Tubes was more than just a Zuvio type character. I thought he was cool as hell.

Kind of a bleak ending but I loved that they went that way. Pretty much lived up to all my expectations. I want more toys!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Loved the movie...the only thing I would change is having Raddatz transmit the plans to the Tantive IV instead of the escape.  You could still work in the Vader being a badass scene no problem.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2016, 08:28 AM »
After sleeping on it I feel pretty sure this is now at least my fourth favorite SW movie after the OT. Absolutely destroys the prequels. It's like the darker, more grown-up SW movie I've always wanted.

But im sleepy!  :P

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2016, 10:01 AM »
Anybody see it in 3D and have comments on the 3D effects?  Is it worth seeing?

I was going to go see the movie again today (saw it in standard 2D last night) and was debating about seeing it in 3D.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2016, 10:03 AM »
Did anyone notice Moroff on Scarif? This video implies he may have appeared there. I recall him on Yavin, but not on the Beach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2N0Mn4i4Dw
Macklunkey!

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Anybody see it in 3D and have comments on the 3D effects?  Is it worth seeing?

I was going to go see the movie again today (saw it in standard 2D last night) and was debating about seeing it in 3D.

My showing was 3D. I don't know if it made much of a difference. I think one of the star destroyers was popping out of the screen.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25 AM »
I'd say if I haves complaint, it's that I want far more black series 3.75" figs than we'll get from this movie.  I want every Rebel, Imperial, and any other figure I could get from this film... In triplicate. :(

Yeah, that is really sad - all those great rebel dudes on the ground on Scarif, the wierd dudes at Saw's house, the Rebel Pilots, the Rebel council members, so much fodder for 3.75" figures!

And we're probably not gonna get any of it.  :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender