Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILERS)  (Read 139813 times)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One (SPOILERS)
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2017, 08:57 PM »
One of my initial reactions in Rogue One was the we hear in the end credits the very music that was in the end credits of Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope, and Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2017, 09:23 AM »
I honestly thought the cameos were the worst part of the movie. 3PO and R2 felt shoehorned in just to say they've been in every movie. And Evazan/Ponda reeks of some corporate doofus watching Star Wars for the first time and ordering them in.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2017, 11:45 AM »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2017, 04:56 PM »
I honestly thought the cameos were the worst part of the movie. 3PO and R2 felt shoehorned in just to say they've been in every movie. And Evazan/Ponda reeks of some corporate doofus watching Star Wars for the first time and ordering them in.

The only cameo I did not like were the ones for Walrus Man and Dr Evizan.  Evizan just didn't look right at all.  The flip side is that I loved seeing the Ghost and chopper as well as the General Syndulla page.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 6, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Check out this Hollywood Reporter article about how Tony Gilroy stepped in during the reshoots for ROGUE ONE - A Star Wars Story.  It paints a picture of a production that was in serious trouble, and how Gilroy's intervention radically reshaped the movie.  A lot of Gilroy's comments came from an interview he did on a podcast called The Moment with Brian Koppelman.  And his comments on ROGUE ONE are at the 46:00 minute mark.

An interesting side note?  Back in 2016, actor Ben Mendelsohn stated that there's a radically different version of ROGUE ONE that exists, and that it was Gareth Edwards original director's cut.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #380 on: April 6, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Release the Edwards cut!  ;)

Very frank from Gilroy... if his contributions were primarily to the characters/arcs, he absolutely missed the boat on Jyn. The first hour of that movie is the most clumsy in all of SW. The story keeps underlining the same beat, over and over, until the last 45 minutes... which might be the best in SW. Very curious to know more.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #381 on: April 6, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Back in 2016, actor Ben Mendelsohn stated that there's a radically different version of ROGUE ONE that exists, and that it was Gareth Edwards original director's cut.

Very curious to know more.

If you haven't seen it before, this is a pretty good summary of a lot of stuff that was filmed/changed/cut:  Everything Cut from Rogue One

Lot of stuff in there about the possible alternate endings, some of which were filmed and screened for LFL folks.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2018, 10:41 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #382 on: April 6, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Thanks!

I've seen most of that before, but good refresher. I'm really interested to know what the initial cut/script looked like, considering Gilroy's severe assessment of it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 2, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Rogue One has made it into the rotation of Star Wars movies on TNT, so of course I watched a little bit of it last night.  And there's one bit that I can't believe I hadn't noticed before.  When the Rebel fighters begin attacking the Imperial base on Eadu, Krennic is commanding his subordinates to mount a defense and get their TIE fighters into the air.  And when he starts to move out of the shot a Death Trooper is following.  But the way this guy who is behind Krennic's left shoulder is walking/marching looks RIDICULOUS!  You have to see it in motion to really appreciate how silly it looks.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Recently I've been scouring through some screencap websites looking for diorama images.  Usually it's just generic background stuff that I could potentially print out.  But every once in a while you come across little Easter Eggs that you hadn't seen before.  Like this one.

I've loved some of the concept art that has been released over the years.  Including some images of scenes that were never realized.  One of them is this image of a Star Destroyer drydock.  I guess the designers for Rogue One were able to sneak the concept into some of the previously unseen details of the Death Star!  Because it seems pretty clear (unless you blink and miss it) that the Death Star had docking facilities in the equatorial trench for Star Destroyers.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:59 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback