Author Topic: 2014 TRU "Battle on Endor" Battle Pack  (Read 8294 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 TRU "Battle on Endor" Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: August 8, 2014, 11:41 AM »
I will totally buy this if it gets down to $30-40. 

I like these big battle packs, but I don't get the pricing at all.  You get 8 figures and a ship.  The 8 figures are straight repacks, so I'd line them up with Legends at $6 each.  The AT-ST is a repack too, but put that in the $30 ship assortment and all total I'd expect to pay $80ish for these items new, packaged by themselves.  Now last I looked, "bonus packs" and "multipacks" of every other product in the store cost a lot less than buying the items individually.  When I buy a 12 pack of soda, I don't expect to pay the same price as buying an individual can.  The manufacturer saves on individual packaging and locking in a multi-unit purchase. 

Case in point, maybe a can of soda is $.50 by itself versus $.25 in a pack ($3 for a 12pk).  Shouldn't I expect to pay about 50% less in my bonus packs for Star Wars?  That puts this thing right around $40, which is right in the range I'm willing to pay.  Even if you upped the individual figure price to $10 each, you're looking at $110 individual pricing, so still only $55ish for the bonus pack.  That's a far cry from $99 or even the eventual $70 at 30% off.  Ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 8, 2014, 02:42 PM »
I'd be okay with a price range of $50 - $60.  The AT-ST really drives up the price of this set since it makes the box that much bigger.  But as it stands?  I'm not touching this set.  Not at $100.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 12:36 PM »
This set is currently on sale on TRU.com for $79.99
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback