Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)

<< < (2/76) > >>

Rob:
I doubt Disney is unhappy.  Even if Johnson does end up taking over, I'd bet my left arm that Abrams stays on as executive producer.

Muftak:
I liked Looper quite a bit more than I expected to. I am ok with this so far.

This will give the ST a chance to have a different feel from episode to episode. That is good, it gives us another chance at a really wowing experience like ESB turned out to be. Not to make too many undue comparisons, but the two Trek movies were very similar, and the second couldn have used a fresh approach IMHO.

Jeff:
Episode 8 Update:

"Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Johnson is widely considered one of cinema’s most gifted young filmmakers, having directed the modern sci-fi classic, Looper, as well as Brick and The Brothers Bloom. He was also behind the camera for three episodes of the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, including “Ozymandias,” which series creator Vince Gilligan named as the best installment of the show. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, producer of Looper, Don Jon, Brick, and The Brothers Bloom, are on board to produce."

P-Siddy:
Hopefully, Disney and Hasbro are smart enough to have a movie line for episode 8 and one for the 40th anniversary of A New Hope.

Jesse James:
Hmmm, tough to do two lines at once like that though, I'm afraid. 

I dig the timing though, and I think that kind of movie release date, for Star Wars, just makes more sense than December.  I hope they stick to it, ultimately.  I've not been wild about the December release.

All the story leaks and spoiler crap that is going to be flying around, with a movie every year, is going to be ridiculous I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version