Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 165112 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2017, 06:08 PM »
Nice find - I totally missed that!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2017, 08:59 AM »
There's a report on movie web about some possible flashback scene(s) in TLJ.  And it may involve the origins of the Knights of Ren, and possibly a confrontation between Luke and the Knights of Ren at what may be Vader's castle on Mustafar.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2017, 11:12 AM »
We know Benicio Del Toro has an undisclosed role in TLJ. Is it possible that he plays Ezra Bridger and is Rey's father?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2017, 11:24 AM »
I've been seeing that Ezra rumor thrown around, too.  And I just don't buy it.  Mostly because what we keep hearing from Lucasfilm is that they're trying to make the Star Wars universe bigger, and not smaller by crafting these relationships between characters that would tie them all together.  Benicio del Toro bears a little bit of a resemblance to Ezra.  But it would be a first if we had a character like this cross over into the movies.  And I don't count the Chopper cameo in ROGUE ONE as a real appearance.

Plus, Darth Vader has encountered Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra over the course of the REBELS series.  He has spent all of this time between the events of ROTS and ANH hunting down the Jedi.  I get the sneaking suspicion that Vader may get to tracking down Ezra and Kanan eventually.

I also remember some crazy theories that were floating around about Finn.  One that he was related to Lando.  And another tying him to Mace Windu.  Seriously?  Because all of the actors are black?!?!  There just seems to be this weird thing that's been building where a lot of fans have been trying to create these links between old characters and new ones, and I think this Ezra theory might be yet another one of these.

Feedback

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2017, 12:25 PM »
Saw Gerrara was in the Clone Wars cartoons, so it wouldn't be the first crossover, but it would be the first major character crossover.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2017, 12:26 PM »
It's not unheard of that a cartoon character crossed over to the movie. Saw Gerrera was a Clone Wars character and appeared in Rebels. He was in Rogue One. I just see the Bridger thing as expanding the saga away from just the Skywalkers and now including some Kenobi decedents. It's possible and much better than Luke having a child with introduced "Mara Jade".

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Doh!  Saw, of course.  My bad.  But yeah, it would be somewhat unprecedented for a CORE character from an animated series to make that leap into live action.

There have definitely been some theories about a link between Rey and Obi-Wan Kenobi.  Especially considering the voice of Obi-Wan appearing in Rey's Force vision in TFA.  That gives us something to build upon.  And the relationship between Obi-Wan and Satine is also something that could add further fuel to the theory.  Where this general theory really loses me is the leap from that Satine/Obi-Wan relationship to them having a secret child who is actually Sabine.  The notion of a child isn't that crazy to me.  The fact that it's SABINE?  Hmmm....

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2017, 12:53 PM »
I think the Sabine / Obi-Wan link in intriguing but I think we're about to find out in the cartoon there isn't one (her mom appears to be someone other than Satine). I think Rey's parents will be legacy characters of a little more stature than Ezra or Sabine, however I do think this story with Ezra is going somewhere. He's on this path that is leading directly toward being a Jedi Knight, which we know he will never be because in ROTJ, Yoda doesn't qualify it when he says Luke is the last jedi (hmm...). Ezra is also walking a pretty thin line on the dark side of things and I've read a few theories he could be Snoke, which would be interesting.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2017, 01:46 PM »
I still like the idea that Snoke is Darth Plagueis and he used the midichlorians to create Anakin. They are fun to think about but we might be getting something even better.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2017, 02:17 PM »
https://youtu.be/-teMecdNdyM

Potential Teaser Details

-Finn (John Boyega) awakes from a "nightmare/coma" in a medical bay similar to the start of Episode VII
-Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) opens a door to ominously say "They're here"
-The Benicio del Torro character opens fire on a procession of mourners to the dismay of Poe, Finn & BB-8
-Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) says "they're shadow is growing"
-Then an 8-FOOT TALL Supreme Leader Snoke walks out, not a hologram, we're talking the real thing and he asks "is he alive?" To which his homie replies, "barely"...paving the way for Snoke to drop this bomb and say "Good, the time has come for a family reunion." BUT WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?
-The Millennium Falcon battles some tie-fighters
-The voice of Luke Skywalker then says "Everything will die with us" as we see the reflection of Luke's signature blue light saber light up in the helmet of Captain Phasma

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:17 PM by Scott »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Interesting.  Although it sounds like Mike Zeroh is even a little skeptical considering where the info came from.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Potential Teaser Details
-Then an 8-FOOT TALL Supreme Leader Snoke walks out, not a hologram, we're talking the real thing and he asks "is he alive?" To which his homie replies, "barely"...paving the way for Snoke to drop this bomb and say "Good, the time has come for a family reunion." BUT WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?

Chewbacca??  Can't think of any 8' Solos, Skywalkers, or Bridgers... Maybe Orcs from Middle Earth?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2017, 04:43 PM »
It would seem that the Snoke scene might be a continuation from his command for Hux to bring him Kylo Ren....

Perhaps.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2017, 04:59 PM »
Potential Teaser Details

Chewbacca??  Can't think of any 8' Solos, Skywalkers, or Bridgers... Maybe Orcs from Middle Earth?

I read that as Snoke is referring to "he who is barely alive" reuniting with his family, not Snoke reuniting with HIS family.  Of course, I'm getting this from a post about a Youtuber who is just talking about trailer information that he heard about from another questionable source.  I'm just glad Snoke isn't the size of a Frost Giant.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Yes.  Reading comprehension 101.  Guess I failed.  ;)