Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 165622 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2017, 05:18 PM »
I read that as Snoke is referring to "he who is barely alive" reuniting with his family, not Snoke reuniting with HIS family.

I'm guessing the obvious/simplest answer would be Kylo (injured in TFA) being reunited with his Uncle Luke...?  Going to be interpreted a million differnt ways and no one even knows if it's true yet. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Second or thirded...  whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2017, 06:33 PM »
I read that as Snoke is referring to "he who is barely alive" reuniting with his family, not Snoke reuniting with HIS family.

I'm guessing the obvious/simplest answer would be Kylo (injured in TFA) being reunited with his Uncle Luke...?  Going to be interpreted a million differnt ways and no one even knows if it's true yet. :P

No, it is the biggest secret of the new trilogy, Han Solo lives and is reunited with Kylo Ren! 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26 AM »

No, it is the biggest secret of the new trilogy, Han Solo lives and is reunited with Kylo Ren!

Sure, when you fall down a bottomless pit on a planet that blown up shortly after, anyone can survive that.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2017, 10:38 AM »

Sure, when you fall down a bottomless pit on a planet that blown up shortly after, anyone can survive that.

Hux is just that good.  He manages to grab Ren, get Phasma out of the trash compactor, and grab Han who is falling through the entire planet all in about two minutes after he talks to Snoke.  It is going to be amazing.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Han is Snoke.  ;)  After being impaled and falling into the put he focused on all of his anger and hatred in order to survive.  It's true.  All of it.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Still think it would have been cooler if Snoke really was a giant. Kind of asinine to think that all sentient living creatures across the galaxy would be roughly the same size and mass.

I figured Finn would have little to do in this movie but I guess they are keeping him around for some eventual payoff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2017, 12:04 PM »
Still think it would have been cooler if Snoke really was a giant. Kind of asinine to think that all sentient living creatures across the galaxy would be roughly the same size and mass.

Just think if Palpatine was just this giant floating head as that's all that appeared of him in Empire!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Wonder if this uses the singular or plural form of "Jedi"

Back to this topic - Star Wars international social media accounts are starting to post international Ep8 logos, like this Spanish version (photo from twitter), that indicates Jedi is plural.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:25 AM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2017, 01:02 PM »
Can you connect the dots for those of us that took German class instead?  Does the "S" in Ultimos convey multiples?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Can you connect the dots for those of us that took German class instead?  Does the "S" in Ultimos convey multiples?

I would think it would be the "Los" which is the plural form of the in Spanish...I took French, so I'm not 100% sure, but French had la, le, and les for the.  La and Le are the feminine and masculine versions, depending on what they are describing, and Les is the plural form.  I believe Spanish is similar in that respect.  So Los Jedi is the Jedi (plural) and if it were just referring to Luke, it would be El Jedi.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2017, 02:31 PM »

Die = plural :)

I took French, so I'm not 100% sure, but French had la, le, and les for the.  La and Le are the feminine and masculine versions, depending on what they are describing, and Les is the plural form

Les = Plural

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Cool - thanks!  If I'm recalling my German correctly, "Die" isn't always plural in German.  All nouns have a gender: "der" (masculine), "die" (feminine) and "das" (neuter).  There's no good rhyme or reason to the gender assigned to various things that normally wouldn't have a gender.  So, if Jedi is a feminine noun then it doesn't imply a plural. Magic, Flower, Pencil, & Action Figure are all feminine words that start with "die," while words like Girl are neuter (Das) instead of feminine.  I thought I saw "Der Jedi" at some point though, which would indicate that the "die" is implied plural. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 4, 2017, 10:43 AM »
A little surprised to see that the rumor surrounding Benicio del Toro that surfaced within the past couple of weeks, complete with a character name.  That being Vikrum Fett.  I don't know how much stock to put in that, but there is a slight resemblance to an Episode II character.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 7, 2017, 04:33 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/starwarsthelastjediofficial/

Not sure if this is official, but trailer is on here.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2017, 04:34 PM by P-Siddy »