Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 164961 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« Reply #195 on: August 9, 2017, 12:17 PM »
EW has a bunch of TLJ Stories coming this week...

The Last Jedi rules the galaxy as the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview

Exclusive New Star Wars Images from The Last Jedi (with more to come!)

I like this part...  "Later this morning, we'll showcase the first images of some fearsome new protectors "   well, the first images, except for all the toy images of the Elite Guards that have been leaking for the past two weeks. :P

edit - more story links:

Can Rey save Luke Skywalker from his own darkness?

With Finn and Rose, a 'big deal' is redeemed by 'a nobody'

Meet the porgs and 'The Caretakers' from Luke Skywalker's island

Supreme Leader Snoke emerges with elite Praetorian Guard
« Last Edit: August 9, 2017, 01:38 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2017, 03:41 PM »
I'd rather have hoojibs than porgs.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2017, 07:35 PM »
Magazine is at B&N today. Loving everything I'm hearing so far. Not hip on some of the designs, but no major gripes. I'm no longer surprised by the griping/complaining online from certain quarters, but always surprised by its sustainability. I shouldn't be, because it's primarily attributable to the marketability of the negativity itself. But so it goes.

Most of the HOW DARE THEY with Luke seems to ignore the premise of the last film. I like what they're doing. He's the Fisher King. Rey is the Knight Errant. The saber is the grail, perhaps, and Luke's rejuvenation will be the galaxy's. I totally buy Luke retreating from duty and from life after such a massive failure as he experienced with Kylo. He had accomplished this miracle with his father and defeating the Empire than he might have felt he could do anything, and as his Jedi fathers did before him, looked past some important stuff. Looking forward to the movie.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: October 9, 2017, 10:31 PM »
In case you are one of the 5 people who haven't sen it yet......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY
« Last Edit: October 9, 2017, 10:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 9, 2017, 11:04 PM »
That might be a good movie.  :P

Last scene is a fake out, the lighting doesn't even match.

After Rogue One, can we expect any of this to be in the final movie?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #200 on: October 9, 2017, 11:14 PM »
Looking forward to it.  Already got tickets for Thursday Night and Friday afternoon!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08 AM »

100% agree on the fake out.

I gotta admit, I felt pretty disappointed after watching it. I came away feeling like this is a movie I do not really want to see. Looks like a whole lot of Kylo acting like a whiny doosh. And no one wants to see tired old, broken-down Luke. We want to see a full on Jedi Master kicking ass and taking names!

A bunch of exploding ships and random fight scenes....who really cares about Finn v Phasma...and no shots of Rose, DJ, Laura Dern, cool beasts or aliens, or any of the Praetorian Guards.

150 minutes and that's the best stuff they could pull out? How about the battle with the Knights of Ren? Or more stuff from Canto Bight?

I know I'm in a minority of 1 on this, I just feel like this did not give me anything new or exciting.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20 AM »

The scene where Kylo shoots at the bridge Leia is on has to be a fakeout too, right?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2017, 10:56 AM »
I've watched it half a dozen times and I think this trailer is kind of weak.  I've got confidence that the movie will be good, but this trailer doesn't get me as excited as it should.

One small gripe - is it necessary to have the Falcon fly through an enclosed "tunnel" in every movie?  Maybe that is a standard "I've got a bad feeling about this" element of the movies, but its getting stale.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2017, 10:56 AM »
A bunch of exploding ships and random fight scenes....

To be fair, isn't this every SW trailer?  ;)

I enjoyed it. This is the most fake out trailer of all time, though. I do think there is a distinct possibility that Rey and Kylo are headed in opposite directions. She may be drifting toward the dark side - Luke's reticence could push her toward another teacher - and Kylo may be leaning back toward the light. Or we could just get to the end of the movie and still know nothing about either of them. The Rey haters will be off the chart with this and the movie, because it's clear Rey is too. That makes sense, given her facility in TFA. She's also a far better 'candidate' for Snoke than Kylo, which I imagine we'll see play out.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Looking at the trailer again, I’m guessing we’re never going to get a gorilla walker to scale with the BMF AT-AT.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Probably not and in a sense they kinda blew it...Hasbro...though probably unintentionally/ unavoidably.  Rogue One could've had the food and beverage job Death Star play set (even though most of its features would be from ANH or ROTJ)  like the current BB-8 star destroyer and then done the gorilla walker for Last Jedi.  The AT-ACT would be easier to  customize from an existing AT-AT's than gorilla monsoon walker will be.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2017, 04:43 PM »
Looking at the trailer again, I’m guessing we’re never going to get a gorilla walker to scale with the BMF AT-AT.

lol that's like getting a to scale ATAT. :). Like completely 1/18-ish which is like a Great Dane.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2017, 09:19 AM »
Seeing that AT-AT next to the AT-M6 was a bit of a surprise.  The AT-M6 is least twice as tall, if not taller!  And for a Hasbro AT-M6 to not look completely ridiculous, it would have to be around 4 feet tall.  Something tells me that won't be happening.  But on the walker front, it was also pretty cool seeing the First Order equivalent of the AT-ST in some of those hangar scenes.

On a totally unrelated note, it was cool seeing Rian Johnson paying a tiny bit of homage to the PT with one particular shot.  Notably, the overhead angle of Kylo Ren leading some First Order Snowtroopers into some cave on Crait.  That shot was incredibly reminiscent of Anakin Skywalker leading the 501st into the Jedi Temple in ROTS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Seeing that AT-AT next to the AT-M6 was a bit of a surprise.  The AT-M6 is least twice as tall, if not taller!  And for a Hasbro AT-M6 to not look completely ridiculous, it would have to be around 4 feet tall.  Something tells me that won't be happening.  But on the walker front, it was also pretty cool seeing the First Order equivalent of the AT-ST in some of those hangar scenes.

I think the FO AT-ST is a lot more doable.  Unlike the AT-AT dropships you see in some of the backgrounds.
This is the way.

I have spoken.