Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 163903 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Seeing that AT-AT next to the AT-M6 was a bit of a surprise. 

That really should not have been a surprise for me to see the AT-AT.  The poster that TRU handed out for MM had one between two M6s... I obviously didn't look at the poster too carefully that night (and I tucked it away when I got home and hadn't looked at it until today). 

Also visible in the poster looks like an FO version of the TIE-Bomber, which I hadn't heard anyone talk about (I could have missed it). 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2017, 11:29 AM »
The Rey haters will be off the chart with this and the movie, because it's clear Rey is too.

Yeah, so that didn't take long:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=3076

::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 2, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Adam Driver may have let some hints/spoilers about Episode VIII slip in this British GQ article.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 2, 2017, 12:08 PM »
She better not be a princess from Naboo.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #214 on: November 2, 2017, 04:11 PM »
I remain convinced she is 'royalty,' as her mother was.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: November 2, 2017, 11:07 PM »
That'd be fine by me.  Royalty plays a part in the entire series even if it's just some title that is more of a political post.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 6, 2017, 08:34 AM »
I've had some thoughts recently about the subject of Rey's parentage, and how that plays into the story of TLJ and the broader sequel trilogy. 

And it has to do with the rift between Han Solo and Leia.  I'm beginning to think that Rey may be the child of either Han OR Leia, but not both.  In TFA, we don't really get a sense of how long Han and Leia have been seperated.  Is it possible that the cause of that rift may have been some sort of infidelity?  And that Rey could be a child born from that infidelity?  With the Han Solo movie coming this spring (with Emilia Clarke in the cast), I have to wonder... could Emilia Clarke's character be THE OTHER WOMAN in Han Solo's life?  Because there's a little bit of a resemblance between Emilia Clarke and Daisy Ridley to the point that it has me wondering.  And having both the Falcon AND Rey stranded on Jakku seem a bit... convenient, along with Han and Chewbacca finding the Falcon in the Jakku system.

I'm also wondering if Han may have at least had *SOME* degree of Force sensitivity.  Not to the degree of being able to become a Jedi.  But his luck and piloting abilities are far beyond those of most people.  And that moment in TFA when he shot that First Order Stormtrooper without looking?  Yeah, Han is cool.  But the ability to do that seems a bit beyond the ability of normal people.

And on the subject of The Force... I've been struggling with one bit of the timeline in TFA.  Specifically with the "awakening" that Snoke references when he speaks with Kylo Ren.  Was Rey's escape from Jakku aboard the Falcon really an awakening?

And regarding Han Solo?  I've also heard some theorizing about his confrontation with his son.  As if Han knew how things were going to play out before he walked out onto that gantry on Starkiller base.  Did Han realize that Ben needed to be even more powerful in order to confront Snoke?  And did he ignite the lightsaber himself?  I suspect that the conflict within Kylo Ren is very real.  And that he may need to plunge himself further into the Dark Side in order to truly destroy Snoke. 

Of course I could be totally wrong.  But these are some theories I've been kicking around.

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 6, 2017, 09:58 AM »
I don't think infidelity will ever be a topic in a star wars movie. These are first and foremost kid movies.  That topic is a little too adult here.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 6, 2017, 10:15 AM »
I don't think infidelity will ever be a topic in a star wars movie. These are first and foremost kid movies.  That topic is a little too adult here.

That angle was rumored to have been kicked around for ROTS, but seemed to have been abandoned.  And it seemed like it was more about the suspicion of infidelity, than any real infidelity.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2017, 09:48 PM »
I've seen a couple of reviews bemoan the Canto Bight sequence as somewhat lengthy and pointless, which I find interesting because I think for a lot of people this is one of the most anticipated segments going in. Between the toys and the book they have done a good job stoking the interest beforehand.

I'm a sucker for gratuitous alien weirdos though, so what do I know...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2017, 10:23 PM »
I just got out... and immediately bought a ticket for a showing in an hour lol. This movie is GOOD. It's weird though, it doesn't "feel" like a Star Wars movie... maybe because they took everything we know about the series and completely flipped it upside down

Literally the only negative I have is that I thought the CGI on Yoda was really bad.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2017, 10:48 PM »
Still trying to digest it all. Definitely a fan of the, as Diddly said, "flipped" stuff.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:48 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2017, 11:00 PM »
I don’t believe Ren about Rey’s lineage.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2017, 11:02 PM »
I don’t believe Ren about Rey’s lineage.

I hope you're wrong
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2017, 11:34 PM »
Wow, I thought some of it was really good, but a lot of choppy weirdness too.  I need to sit on it and think through everything again, but for a SW movie this kind of felt like a hot mess.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today