Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 163905 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Anybody checked out the options for upcoming Blu-Ray release to know who has the best deal and what pack-ins are the coolest?

The official site had information about the various retail exclusive versions.  Check it out here:  http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-comes-home
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:28 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #361 on: March 27, 2018, 11:28 PM »
Picked up my copy of TLJ today....the more I watch this movie, the more I like it.

I'm checking out the Special Features now, and the featurette about the space battles is really good!  I know there are a lot of people who are still slamming Rian Johnson about the movie, but he definitely did his homework on the lore.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2018, 08:57 AM »
I watched the deleted scenes.  All good choices to excise except the Luke mourning Han.  I liked the alternate opening.  I don't love the one that's in the film with the high-speed plummet though the fleet. 

I may have left some of those character moments near the beginning of the film with Finn in too. These scenes cement that at the outset Finn's motivations are Rey, and he does not see himself as a member of the resistance.  By the end of the film, he becomes the Resistance hero that Rose thought he was.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2018, 11:18 AM »
Good points, although I didn't mind the opening we got in the movie.  I would have liked to have the Rey/Luke caretaker village scene in the movie as well....seeing as that was lesson #3 and the impetus for her going to the dark side cave.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2018, 12:48 PM »
I feel like I need to couch my comment (since this film gets a lot of vitriol) in that I didn't HATE the opening, I just didn't love it.  Them being cheeky with it may have been worse though.

That Rey/Luke scene was OK as well.  I think a few minutes left of space horse riding wouldn't have killed the film. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2018, 12:59 PM »
I thought the alt opening was interesting, but preferred the one we got. I was stunned at how much longer and involved the Fathier chase was. That could have been cut even more, and should have been, really. The village scene was nice, some weird SW that had a goofy vibe, but didn't add anything else really that we didn't have. Good cut. It did crystallize though something Johnson said in one of the BTS features, which is Luke's exile on the island is him choosing to not interfere in events as he did on Bespin. I inferred that, but I think a more direct scene, more direct than the village one, would have helped with some of the conversation about why is he there.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2018, 03:21 PM »
I'm going to pick up the 4K version tomorrow, and this weekend it'll be my first 4K viewing experience... the movie wasn't perfect, but I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2018, 08:11 PM »
I got the Target version. Haven't gotten to watch any of the bonuses yet, but the intro scene was a lot more impressive in 3D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 2, 2018, 04:41 PM »
We've all been duped!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/10/the-last-jedi-russian-trolls

Was The Last Jedi Hate Actually Spread by Russian Trolls?

According to a new study, the Star Wars film may have been targeted by Twitter accounts linked to Russian operatives—the same ones who tried to sway the 2016 election.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 2, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Stupid article.  While I believe the haters are a very vocal minority that the internet have amplified....I don't think Putin's behind it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 2, 2018, 05:38 PM »
Stupid article.  While I believe the haters are a very vocal minority that the internet have amplified....I don't think Putin's behind it.

Did you read the article?  I'm not trying to have politics spill out into here, but the research seems solid.  The article says that it has nothing to do with people who didn't like the movie for various reasons, but specifically with the Tweets and reactions that claimed that the movie was some kind of veiled attempt to promote liberalism to spark more argument and disagreement. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 2, 2018, 08:22 PM »
The hacking and trolling operations conducted by the Russians have not just had the aim of influencing elections.  A big part of the operation has been to sow division through the society on a range of divisive issues.  A Star Wars film is about as big of a pop culture event as you're going to find, and could definitely be a significant target for that type of influence operation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 3, 2018, 01:27 PM »
The hacking and trolling operations conducted by the Russians have not just had the aim of influencing elections.  A big part of the operation has been to sow division through the society on a range of divisive issues.  A Star Wars film is about as big of a pop culture event as you're going to find, and could definitely be a significant target for that type of influence operation.

The main reason I think it's entirely plausible is that it fits the broader MO, and it wouldn't even be that much work for them.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 3, 2018, 04:57 PM »

The main reason I think it's entirely plausible is that it fits the broader MO, and it wouldn't even be that much work for them.

This is correct.

Also, I think "Paul Harrison" is a Russian manbaby-bot.

;D

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2019, 11:12 PM »
Watched TLJ for first time in a long time, the warts have worn off except the stupidness of the whole Canto Bight deal.   I know JJ has said many times and I totally agree Kylo and Rey v. the Praetorian Guards is so kick ass...and so is the finally battle on Crait.