Author Topic: LEGO 2015  (Read 14704 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2015, 01:12 PM »
FBTB posted the following USD prices, which line up more with what we are used to seeing here in America:

75099 Rey’s Speeder, 193 pieces, $19.99
75100 First Order Snowspeeder, 444 pieces, $39.99
75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter, 517 pieces, $69.99
75102 Poe’s X-wing Starfighter, 717 pieces, $79.99
75103 First Order Transporter, 792 pieces, $89.99
75104 Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, 1004 pieces, $119.99
75105 Millennium Falcon, 1332 pieces, $149.99

The prices all appear to be "the usual" (ie closer to the 10-12 cent price per piece ratio) but it seems we're getting a small price hike too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Are these the five sets that just got released, or are there more?

75016 - Imperial Assault Carrier
75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
75093 - Death Star Final Duel
75092 - Naboo Starfighter
75091 - Flash Speeder

Also, has anyone seen reviews of these?  The last four have already been done before and I'm curious if anyone thinks they're interesting enough to rebuy.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2015, 04:26 PM »
FBTB posted the following USD prices, which line up more with what we are used to seeing here in America:

75099 Rey’s Speeder, 193 pieces, $19.99
75100 First Order Snowspeeder, 444 pieces, $39.99
75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter, 517 pieces, $69.99
75102 Poe’s X-wing Starfighter, 717 pieces, $79.99
75103 First Order Transporter, 792 pieces, $89.99
75104 Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, 1004 pieces, $119.99
75105 Millennium Falcon, 1332 pieces, $149.99

The prices all appear to be "the usual" (ie closer to the 10-12 cent price per piece ratio) but it seems we're getting a small price hike too.

Okay, that's a bit more in line with what I was expecting and/or am used to, price-wise.  I'm hoping that the minifigure selection is good/varied, and there isn't an Iron Man Syndrome with these sets.  At the very least, we won't have to worry about Rey only being in the most expensive set.

75091 - Flash Speeder

Also, has anyone seen reviews of these?  The last four have already been done before and I'm curious if anyone thinks they're interesting enough to rebuy.

That's all that's out right now, but I know there's a new Sith Infiltrator (with Maul, Qui-Gon, Anakin, and Watto minifigures) on the way as well.  Not sure of piece count or cost as yet, but I'm guessing it will be a retailer and Lego Shop exclusive.  I haven't seen any reviews yet, but judging by the boxes at TRU (which has already added their $5.00 TRU tax to the prices), the Naboo Fighter looks nearly identical to the 2011 version. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 6, 2015, 08:49 PM »

75091 - Flash Speeder

I saw all of those sets except for the Death Star Final Duel set today.  I really liked the look of the Imperial Assault Carrier, too.  LEGO just has this cool way of going places where Hasbro is just unable to, because I doubt they're ever going to touch upon a vehicle like the Imperial Assault Carrier from REBELS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 7, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Picked up the Imperial Assault Carrier, but won't put it together until this weekend with the kids.

I agree, it looks really cool and is something that Hasbro isn't likely to ever get near.  It'll work great next to The Ghost, another ship Hasbro probably won't ever touch.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 04:11 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Well the minifigs are awesome, but the models themselves leave a lot to be desired. Not digging the X-Wing, probably because of the colors. The Falcon looks exactly the same as the 2011 version but with crappier mandibles.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 10:28 PM »
Huh...leaked images two days after a major Con?  Exactly how Disney wants to show off all the swag they have planned  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 10:29 PM »
Pics removed but they're making the rounds elsewhere.

Digging the alien crewman for the X-Wing, and in general the Resistance Pilot looks.  Similar but updated.  I like it.  I appreciate Abrams' team generally knowing how to make things look the same, but evolved.  Lucas seemed incapable of that with the PT somehow and it bugged me.

Check out the front page for a good link to them.  :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:45 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Imgur Rehost of the Leaked Pics, just in case Gizmodo's link goes down

Huh...leaked images two days after a major Con?  Exactly how Disney wants to show off all the swag they have planned  ::)

Saw some funny comments in the Reddit LEGO section thread about these pics. People saying they're glad Disney/Hasbro/LEGO aren't allowed to show anything off because "it'll all be a surprise." Guess these people just fall ass backwards into money?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:25 AM by Diddly »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 02:07 PM »
New set list leaks revealing new TFA planet name
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: August 7, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 12:40 PM »
The First Order landing craft on twitter was interesting.  A space Higgins boat.  Again I say the FO sure doesn't care about its soldiers any more than the old Empire did haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 6, 2015, 12:48 PM »
I mentioned this in the Recent Finds/Purchases thread over in the TFA forums, but I wanted to reiterate it here (because of its relevance). I picked up the General Grievous Constructible figure on Friday morning and it is easily the best toy I've gotten from the entire launch (note: I can't afford expensive BB-8s).

I've never been a fan of Lego's previous forays into the constructible figure realm (Bionicle, Hero Factory, DC/Marvel), so when they said they were doing SW, I kind of groaned. Still, with Grievous being mostly mechanical, I thought it might work. And it does. Boy, does it work. Not only is it the best example of a Constructible figure Lego has done, IMHO, it manages to be one of those rare toys in this day and age that is significantly larger than what you expect by looking at the box.

Grievous is at least 13" tall, and that's hunched over in his typical posture. The build is also much more interesting than past constructible figure builds (even though it's still all Technic and Bionicle/HF parts) but once he's built, the size and detail is just amazing. Words can't do it justice. If you're a fan of Lego, or Grievous, or looking for something different, I can't recommend this one highly enough. Sadly, with the past history of licensed constructible figures from Lego (not to mention prequel stigma and his being the most expensive of the range) I think a lot of folks might pass, but trust me when I say this one is a winner and one of my favorite purchases this year.