Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 7  (Read 45956 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 7
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Well, with the CLONE WARS series over I don't think Dave Filoni is going to be able to cook up any more new Clone commanders in homage to Marvel Comics characters.  So it seems unlikely that we're going to get Clone Commander Stark or Clone Captain Merka any time soon.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: March 3, 2015, 05:30 PM »
Ceremony Leia bumped to the next wave, according to Hasbro, via BBTS.

EDIT:

It appears an extra Stormtrooper may be in the case now.  There are doubles of Rex, Stormtrooper, and Wolfe.  I can't recall the original case breakdown to confirm if one of those is a new addition or not.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2015, 02:52 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 3, 2015, 08:02 PM »
Ceremony Leia bumped to the next wave, according to Hasbro, via BBTS.

EDIT:

It appears an extra Stormtrooper may be in the case now.  There are doubles of Rex, Stormtrooper, and Wolfe.  I can't recall the original case breakdown to confirm if one of those is a new addition or not.

Has the Stormtrooper been shown at one of the shows, or is it presumed to be a Vintage repack like the Navy Commander?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: March 3, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Pics I caught online are the crummy one, basically.  The one with the rifle and such.  I thought it came out in TBS earlier?  I seem to recall it being out anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 3, 2015, 09:54 PM »

Yes, a second Stormtrooper was added to replace Leia apparently.  The case always had doubles of Rex and Wollfe.

Has the Stormtrooper been shown at one of the shows, or is it presumed to be a Vintage repack like the Navy Commander?

The pics everyone is using are the one that got packed in the Black Series, the TLC Dewback Sandtrooper minus the Sandtrooper gear one.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 3, 2015, 10:05 PM »
Thanks for the info Jesse and Jeff! I forgot about the Black Series "Orange" Stormtrooper. If the paint apps are cleaned up on this re-release I may end up grabbing a few.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 4, 2015, 03:41 PM »
So what is meaningfully new in this wave?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: March 4, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Since Yavin Ceremony Leia has been pulled from the wave, you've got:

Pretty much ALL-NEW:
2015 #xx Captain Rex
2015 #xx Clone Commander Doom
2015 #xx Clone Colmmander Wolffe

Pretty much just a NEW HEAD on an old body:
2015 #xx Darth Vader (Yoda's Test)
2015 #xx Chewbacca (Yavin)
2015 #xx Jon 'Dutch' Vander

There was some debate on Vader whether he was an ALL-NEW sculpt, or just a new head on the newest Vader body - I don't recall what Hasbro said on that one...

REPACK:
2015 #02 Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
2015 #xx Imperial Navy Commander
2015 #xx Stormtrooper

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: March 4, 2015, 06:28 PM »
The case was hurting as it was...  I wound up going with 2x each individuals on the Clones and Dutch.  I'm splitting the order with a local buddy.  Free shipping, and Rex was only $11.99, so it worked out for us to do it that way.  We'll save over buying a whole case and eating the stormtroopers, the Hoth Luke, etc.

I'm not a big fan of that Chewbacca for the price, ultimately.  I wanted it to put with the Leia but not for $13.  I'll play the waiting game there.

I love the Clones for what they are...  All are interesting armor, unique decos, and besides Doom, I think they're decent choices.  I would've preferred a SA Phase I Bly to Doom, but that's me.  I'm all about Phase I versions of guys like him, or Cody even.  Cody would be absolutely awesome with a Phase I sculpt, especially since the early episodes made you think he and Rex were going to be best buds.

Dutch, I'll buy any Rebel Pilot...  His preorder sold out on BBTS, despite "Rebel Pilots don't sell well" mantra, so I'm glad I got my order in on him at Entertainment Earth.  He is, like so many others, a needed upgrade.

I'm not a fan of the pricehike but dealing with it...  It is what it is, and if I still like figures I'm still into them regardless of the cost.  I'll just be more particular on things like that Chewbacca, for sure.

Leia getting pushed back...  Any theories why?  I'm thinking it was a case costing issue, and she's bumped to the next assortment (since it's the last TBS one), but I'm not really sure why they'd go that route either.  Perhaps they think a Stormtrooper makes more sense right now?  With the toon and all, I mean.  Leia maybe will balance out the next wave's cost to some degree perhaps.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 4, 2015, 07:24 PM »
I want a few of the figures from this wave, but it looks like Wave 8 (possibly last wave?) will have more that I'm looking forward to and likely be tough to find due to it being the last thing prior to the Force Awakens push.  I am excited for that Chewie, as well as Rex, Dutch, and Vader.  I like the clones too, but just not sure if I want to continue with all the clone repaints.  They do look neat, but it is just tough to find room for them all anymore, and I'd rather focus on the OT stuff at this point.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: March 4, 2015, 07:35 PM »
On 8 I'm probably going to just get a case and deal with it whatever it may be.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 09:50 AM »
Carded #11 Chewbacca

Does Chewbacca look a little sort of now familiar to some figures from the past?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Getting a case might be a good deal for this one. I can probably unload the extra clones no problem and just be left with an extra Luke. The Troopers will just get added to my army.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 08:16 PM »
So Leia is dropped from waves 7 AND 8 now, YakFace is reporting. I'll still order a case of Wave 8, but there's very little from 7 that I want now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 10:51 PM »
If it's to fix it, great...

Wave 8's still far more important to me, with Mosep and Han Carbo.  I'll take the Clones and spread 'em around I guess.