Author Topic: Star Wars Commander - App  (Read 15182 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Commander - App
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Yeah I'm the Empire though. :(  At the time I signed up there wasn't a JD group and I didn't play Alliance.  I'm working on my base being Level 7 soon...  I've got it where it's pretty tough for enemies to get beyond 50% destruction with me. 

I've been exacting my revenge of late too, on guys that attacked me when I was a noob.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08 AM »
You should look me up then.  I'm not joined with anyone.  Though maybe I shouldn't give my username here or these rebels might hunt me down.  :D  Yeah, I'm just trying to build stuff up at the moment, not attacking or revenging.  When I do, I feel I use more resources than I get back, so it isn't worth it in the end.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: November 3, 2014, 05:04 PM »
So the Deathtrooper campaign was the first I was able to get through every level.  Unfortunately, I fell about 500 points short of unlocking the HWK-290 spacecraft.  I did load up on a bunch.  Hopefully, next campaign I'll be strong enough to unlock whatever item they offer (A-wings r vanguards again?)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 3, 2014, 07:05 PM »
The new TIE ship was pretty awesome.  I bought a few but I only play the game on my gf's iPad on weekends, soooooo, I don't get very far.  I'm getting close to maxing my base out though.

Siddy, hit me up with your username.  I can try to look you up in-game if that's a possibility?  These filthy Rebels need to feel the crushing heel of our Imperial boots...  and stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05 AM »
I also managed to make it through the Deathtrooper campaign and just eaked out enough points to unlock the Hawk.  Missed out on the other unlocks in previous campaigns though. 

I've still be enjoying the game but don't find it quite as engaging as Clash of Clans still.

I just downloaded the Galactic Defense (tower defense game) - gonna give that a spin this week.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 09:57 AM »
I guess I maxed out my base.  Really?  That's it?  Stingy on the fencing, aren't we?  How can one defend his base if you can't even fortify all your things?  This is where Clash of Clans has the game beat... oh, and the ease of rearranging your base.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Is the max level 10?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 06:58 PM »
I thought it was 7 but only because I see the top tier guys are usually level 7 HQ's and all their stuff is usually the same.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 08:37 PM »
It's level 7.  After upgrading, I checked to see how much to go to the next level and there wasn't anything offered to upgrade to level 8.

This game is eh.  As I mentioned, lack of fortifying the base sucks.  The Heroes really suck, too.  The Rebels have Han and Chewie and are essentially invincible.  How come the Imperials don't have Vader?  Seems the Imperial Heroes die faster than Rebel ones, too. 

I guess I would enjoy the game more (and Clash of Clans) if it wasn't player v "player".  I enjoy the storylines and the campaigns, but to attack someone when they can't defend with personnel kind of sucks to me.  And sometime when doing the campaign or storylines, it seems you expend more resources than you recover if you destroy a whole base. 

Whatever.  The game has quickly lost its appeal.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Yeah, I'm kinda the same way...  I'll max out and I may delete then.  It's something I only play on weekends on my gf's iPad, it's pretty tedious.  You get attacked and they don't give you enough (or even offer) to defend yourself properly...  You can essentially be attacked by anyone at any time and have to pay for protection.  It's really quite pointless ultimately, to really try, unless you just want to see what's up in the campaigns.

The Campaigns are all I really want to play...  PvP is meh to me.  I've stuck it up a noobs butt, and I've had the same happen to me, and it's all just who has the most ****, basically.

And yes, the Imperial "heroes" are just darker versions of vehicles they already have mostly.  I see there's the Royal Guard now too, but he blows goats generally.  You're further ahead deploying just about anyone else.

If you don't sit on it yourself CONSTANTLY, playing it is really just tedious.  I've been attacked twice this week (I have my gf gathering resources throughout the week)...  I can do nothing about it because I'm not there to bother.

Hell, you can even link it to Twitter or something, only FB, which I'm not on.

I do like screen grabs of the vehicles though...  And the Empire has the MTV-7!  Yes, the mini-rig!  Freaky.  And not sure what it does speederbikes don't do, either.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:30 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 02:15 PM »
One thing that kind of bugs about this game is the attack ranges of the different troops and defenses.  I love getting attacked by AT-ATs and my defenses never fire a shot because the AT-AT can shoot further.  Seriously, who thought up this stuff?  Couldn't they have more or less copied Clash of Clans and used Star Wars themes?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 9, 2014, 07:23 PM »
New update.  You can now go up to Level 8 and new heroes, Luke Skywalker for the Rebels and I think I read Darth Vader for the Empire.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 9, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Yeah, Vader for the Empire...

The Empire also now has the AT-DP Walker as a vehicle option, and a Jump Jet Trooper for the barracks.

I forget the trooper the Alliance got, but I saw they got an AT-TE (ugh, again they **** the bed and give us just recycled crap from The Clone Wars, and on top of it a design the Empire is still employing come ANH).

The game is...  tedious.  At this point it's wearing out its welcome with me.  I was close to a Level 7 HQ, but it's a highly repetitive game.  They changed some game play as well, but for the most part I don't think the game's dynamics have (or can?) change enough to make it terribly interesting.

At this stage of things, I'm playing more to see new vehicles like the Incinerator or the AT-MP.  Otherwise, it's all meh.

Plus no matter your base, pretty much anyone of a higher level can overtake your base and win at least 2 medals...  So what's the point then, if essentially you cannot win?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 9, 2014, 10:46 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat, Jesse.  Can't have any defense.  It's all offensive...  I think I no longer get attacked anymore since I've lost pretty much all my medals.  It's hard to build a base up anyways.  I think Clash of Clans also has you targeted as you get near a certain number of coins or elixir to buy or upgrade something so that someone defeats you and sets you back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: December 9, 2014, 11:52 PM »
Yeah I'm running out of $ regularly, or alloy, whatever, to upgrade things because I'm now being attacked daily it seems.  Why?  No clue.  Never used to happen but maybe once a week.  That alone will make me bore with this, and I'll quit.

Like I said, I've nabbed screen grabs of some vehicles for customizing (maybe) purposes, and the droid.  I'd love to build the droid for poops and giggles.

But the game?  It's pretty meh.