Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Toy Tony carded figures.

(1/5) > >>

solrac:
Anyone keeping up with this? any comments. This is crazy stuff man I only heard about this by researching an e-bay listing saying it could be a Toy Tony but  nothing else so I did a search on Mr. Palitoy's site and that blew my mind that this could happen. I have a figure that falls into the ones in question and it's kinda scary that some people are paying top dollar for AFA graded figures on this list.

Rob:
I read a very very long thread at Rebelscum about it maybe 3 months ago?  At that point it was a bunch of connecting the dots, everyone was pretty sure that what they suspected was actually what happened, but there was nothing criminal in the works at that point.

Are there new developments?

solrac:
There were a few sites that RS kept referring to, way to much to read. I was just hoping someone here had a break down of the facts.

DSJ™:
A ton of us have read it all, yes it's a headache to read but has to be done.

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" debate

Remember the Fett I picked up at Celebration...  :-\

All I can say is...

That was small potatoes compared to what others have spent...  & AFA can SUCK BALLS!

Rob:
If this guy really committed fraud on this level, possibly for hundreds of thousands of dollars, has anyone filed a complaint with police?  I'm shocked that there isn't some kind of criminal investigation?

All of this underscores why I don't collect carded vintage.  There was no discernible difference between his fakes and the real deal besides the air in the sealed bubble...  And even authentic carded figures are too expensive a risk considering that eventually all those bubbles are coming off of those 35 year old cardbacks someday anyway as the glue ages and fails.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version