Author Topic: Toy Tony carded figures.  (Read 15816 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Tony carded figures.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 10:05 PM »
Bump.

Did anything ever come of this?

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 08:00 PM »
For my Fett, I took it to SDCC and they told me it was legit. Now on RS the "expert" is now saying he needs another picture to tell.I have a TT Snowtrooper and a friend offered me $300.00 for it as a TT. Now he's looking for TT's online, he really wants one. I told him I'm keeping mine. I asked AFA if they would grade a TT and make a sub category for them and they said no, They really didn't want to talk about it.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 03:30 PM »
For my Fett, I took it to SDCC and they told me it was legit. Now on RS the "expert" is now saying he needs another picture to tell.I have a TT Snowtrooper and a friend offered me $300.00 for it as a TT. Now he's looking for TT's online, he really wants one. I told him I'm keeping mine. I asked AFA if they would grade a TT and make a sub category for them and they said no, They really didn't want to talk about it.

SDCC told you it was legit or someone at SDCC told you it was legit?  Hope it's the real deal for you.  Isn't there some way to tell for sure?  I tend to look for some kind of package wear, price tags, etc. that help distinguish true vintage from not-so-vintage.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 10:28 PM »
It was at SDCC were I took it and AFA was there, that's who I asked. I also asked Steve Sansweet and Gus Lopes but I didn't have it with me when I asked Gus, I did explain in detail about it and he agreed with everyone else.
He's no good to me open

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 9, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Bump again.

Seriously, did this guy ever get in any trouble for this stuff?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: November 9, 2017, 05:16 PM »
A couple years ago, I heard any charges were basically dropped because of lack of evidence and lack of definition on what "vintage" really was - they were vintage figures on vintage cards and vintage bubbles... just not Kenner/Palitoy factory created.  A scam for sure, but one with enough legal wiggle room.  Didn't help that the "authority" AFA was duped along with everyone else, but they too had wiggle room on the terms of grading.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 9, 2017, 06:04 PM »
That's insane.  Legally that all may be perfectly true, but anyone in this hobby knows that the guy committed fraud on a massive scale by creating a new kind of carded figure that no one would have bought at the prices they paid if they'd known what he was doing.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #22 on: November 9, 2017, 07:44 PM »
I think in the end there was insufficient worth to move forward with any legal proceedings. Those affected by this just couldn't get enough together to make it financially viable to go after TT. Now there's an actual market for TT figures, go figure...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 10:58 AM »
Someone should have just beaten the **** out of him to teach him a lesson. I'm not kidding.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06 PM »
All the ROTJ two packs were packed by a non Kenner company. I don't think the cardbacks were Kenner and the bubbles are way cheaper than the ones TT used.

He's no good to me open