Author Topic: What do you buy at the Movie Snack Counter?  (Read 11946 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What do you buy at the Movie Snack Counter?
« Reply #60 on: April 9, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Depends on if I am with my best buddy Kaye and back in Esky, then I get nacho's and extra cheese with a Dew and Kaye gets the popcorn.   It's only .25 for a refill on pop or popcorn, so we go back twice. (We usually go early enough to eat our snacks before the movie starts and quickly refill for opening credits).
If I am with my kids, we bring our own snacks (I've already paid a fortune to get in!!)
If I am with the hubby, he HAS to have popcorn and pop...no way around it - he just can't go see a movie without a popcorn and pop.  Since Chillicothe charges the most insane prices you could imagine (they don't even post the price, but it's $7 bucks for a small popcorn and pop), Jay only buys for himself, I have already smuggled in my Sugar Babies.
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 9, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I like to have popcorn, no butter, when I go to the movies, but I can live without it.  The problem is, if I get popcorn, then I have to have a Diet Coke, then I'll never make it through the whole movie without taking a potty break. 

I have already smuggled in my Sugar Babies.

I usually just through on a big, baggy sweater -- Colman style -- and I can smuggle my Sugar Babies anywhere ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 9, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 9, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Colman style

Who?  ???

You know-that air hockey guy that just about killed the people in the elevator.  Think....big, baggy sweater....  ;)
Beth

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #64 on: May 3, 2007, 12:52 AM »
I used to buy popcorn and a soda, but now everything's just way too expensive. I usually sneak in a bottle of water. If I get free movie passes somehow, then I might buy a snack pack.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 3, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I try to avoid buying Theatre refreshments, but when I do, it's usually a hot dog, small pop corn and a small drink.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 3, 2007, 10:59 AM »
When I actually do get to see a movie, my wife and I have usually eaten dinner before so we're not hungry.  Sometimes though, we may buy a drink and popcorn that we share, or on rare occasions, we'll buy candy.

But, the stuff is so expensive for two drinks and two packs of candy that it's hardly worth it.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 3, 2007, 11:15 AM »
With Spider-Man 3 coming out tonight/tomorrow, and it being one of the few movies this summer I'll go to the conventional theater and not the Drive-In, I saw this thread, and I think the only snacks I'll be buying from the Movie Counter will be some nachos to munch on in line. Any other snacks I'll be buying at the counter at CVS next door, in the mall.

Now, when I go to the Drive-In theater, I usually grill hamburgers and make them up before I arrive, bring a 12 pack of soda, and some other random snacks to share with my friends who come along. I love the Drive-In.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #68 on: May 3, 2007, 07:01 PM »
My girlfriend usually wants goobers. I am happy with just popcorn.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 3, 2007, 08:49 PM »

She wants to swap spit with you in a darkened theater and you're happy with just popcorn?? ;)

I usually like a popcorn, soda, and Junior Mints. Mints and popcorn taste good for some reason.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: May 3, 2007, 10:43 PM »

She wants to swap spit with you in a darkened theater and you're happy with just popcorn?? ;)

HAHA, we have been going out too long to be making out in a theater, but its nice to think back on the good old times. Besides movie ticket prices are too expensive to waste, better to just wait til I'm back home  :-X
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 3, 2007, 11:10 PM »
True... Don't want to spend @ $10 to not watch a movie

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #72 on: May 4, 2007, 12:18 AM »
I'm planning to go see Spidey 3 on Saturday.  Coincidentally, that's also Cinco de Mayo, so what better way to celebrate than by munching on a bunch of Mexican food?  I'm planning to make a fiesta out of it.  Nachos, quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, burritos, chips and salsa. . .  the works.  Probably a case of Corona, maybe even some tasty margaritas, too, provided I can find a theatre with a plug-in for the blender.  It's gonna be the best, seriously.  Except maybe for all the people around me, but--then again--who really gives a **** about what they think, anyway?

I don't know what I'd do if I had to go a whole two hours without eating something.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: May 4, 2007, 12:43 AM »

I'm planning to go see Spidey 3 on Saturday.  Coincidentally, that's also Cinco de Mayo, so what better way to celebrate than by munching on a bunch of Mexican food?  I'm planning to make a fiesta out of it.  Nachos, quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, burritos, chips and salsa. . .  the works.  Probably a case of Corona, maybe even some tasty margaritas, too, provided I can find a theatre with a plug-in for the blender.  It's gonna be the best, seriously.  Except maybe for all the people around me, but--then again--who really gives a **** about what they think, anyway?

Sounds like a party. Who needs a power outlet? Just get one of these puppies and go at it. You may even have time for some strawberry margaritas as well.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to go a whole two hours without eating something.

I find crying helps. Then I'll usually get on my cell phone (in the theater of course, I don't want to miss the movie) and call home just to make sure dinner will be ready when the movie is over.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 4, 2007, 02:16 AM »
Updating my post from 2005, I'm down to once a year with my small or medium popcorn.  It's just enough to remind me why I don't buy **** from the concession stand.

That the word concession is in the name should tell you all you need to know about eating that filth.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2007, 02:17 AM by Rob »