Author Topic: What do you buy at the Movie Snack Counter?  (Read 11975 times)

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: What do you buy at the Movie Snack Counter?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2003, 10:31 PM »
My usual routine visit to the snack bar consists of picking up one of those giant pickles(the more sour the better) a large Dr.Pepper or Mr. Pibb and nachos or popcorn with extra butter.I'm not much for candy but every so often I will get twizzlers if the need hits.The prices are highway robbery but I dont get the chance to go to the movies much so I take full advantage. :P

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2003, 11:28 PM »
Popcorn with extra butter.  You know, the stuff that is suppose to be really bad for you.  But, I just can't resist.  

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #32 on: July 2, 2005, 01:02 AM »
If I go by myself I don't get anything, since I'm too cheap, or I smuggle something in (candy or granola bars). I think I got a nachos once.

On the rare occassions I go with my dad (neither of my parents are real big on the whole theatrical thang) and he pays for it ;), we usually each get a pop and a popcorn or split a popcorn, and/or smuggle something in.

When I infrequently get theater candy, it's typically Raisinets or Milk Duds.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #33 on: July 2, 2005, 02:37 AM »
A bag on Twizzlers and two Cokes. One for drinking and one to throw at the screen when they run that damn Coke commercial of those twits making a "documentary".
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 2, 2005, 09:15 AM »
We smuggle if we have time to stop somewhere beforehand, but usually we're in enough of a hurry that we don't fool with it.   Theme parks though. . we're big time food smugglers there.

Even if we do smuggle, my wife just doesn't enjoy a movie the same without a popcorn.  If I buy theater candy, it's usually Raisinettes lately. Used to be Jr. Mints. 

This past trip to see ROTS, I taught my wife a beautiful secret that my coworkers and i developed when I worked a at a theater in high school and college.  Raisinettes mixed with popcorn.  Y.  U.  M.   Big mistake showing her. . .she ate my Raisinettes.  :(.    So I was telling her how we developed this recipe at the theater where I'd worked, and then I notice that it's suggested on the back of Raisinettes box!!!  Wow.  I wonder if someone from the Regal Cinemas in Chattanooga wound up in marketing at Nestle.  Not likely.

Other smuggling I've seen. . . we used to have people who could get a whole meal in.  KFC buckets with all the side dishes. . .biscuits, mashed potatoes, green beans.  And lots of people would have pizza's delivered to the fire doors.  Lot's of very large, very empty liquor bottles left behind too.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 2, 2005, 09:16 AM »
I smuggle in candy and then eat off the hubbys giant popcorn and pop (free refills).  ;)

Was this being euphamistic?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #36 on: July 4, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Last time it was Raisinettes...  I don't usually buy candy at the theatre, but they were good...
At the Plano DLP theatre they sell pizzas, hamburgers, etc. and you can eat in the theatre.  Luckily the house quit smelling of pizza before ROTS started. 
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 4, 2005, 11:45 PM »
I don't buy anything at the theater. It's way overpriced and I can't believe there are people who are suckered in to buying their ****. :-*

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 5, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Other smuggling I've seen. . . we used to have people who could get a whole meal in.  KFC buckets with all the side dishes. . .biscuits, mashed potatoes, green beans.  And lots of people would have pizza's delivered to the fire doors.  Lot's of very large, very empty liquor bottles left behind too.

Oh wow, what an idea!!! I would love to get a pizza ordered to the theatre!!! And where would they pull out the bucket o Chicken from????

Oh and funny how she ate your Raisinettes!!!  :P

As for me, I usually don't buy food there. At least now I don't, it's too damn expensive!!! When I had a good job, and I would take my mom, sure, but by myself or with friends, forget it!!! Oh and another reason is I don't like getting up to use the RR, so I try not to eat anything in the theatre or before!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 5, 2005, 04:03 PM »
I usually just go with the popcorn and either Sprite or Cherry Coke.  I like to smuggle in M@Ms to dump into the popcorn tub.  The melted chocolate with the salty popcorn make for good eating.
I remember one local theatre used to serve Taco Bell food.  I haven't been by the place in a few years, so I'm not sure if they still do that.  I always thought that was pretty interesting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 6, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Hmmm, don't think I caught this thread first time around...

Popcorn, Cherry Pepsi, and/or Snowcaps.  I pig out a bit at the movies.

At E3's premiere I had a lovely beer...  Not bad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2005, 05:01 PM »
- Large Mountain Dew (The nectar of the gods)
- Medium Popcorn EXTRA EXTRA butter
- A box of Airheads

And if it's near dinner or lunch time...
- 1 order of Nathan's Chicken Strips *Drool*

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I almost never get anything at the movies it's to damn expensive these days. I will usually smuggle in a Gatorade and a candy bar, either a Skor bar or a Heath bar. :)
"This is the way."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2005, 05:55 PM »
I'm a cheap bastard, so I don't get anything at the snack counter.  Even though I understand that this is how movie theaters make their money (they get very little income based on the box office alone), I simply cannot abide paying 4 dollars for a 16.9 fl oz bottle of lemonade.  Dinner at a nice restaurant costs less than what you'd pay for popcorn, candy, and/or drinks at a movie for two!

But honestly, all she has to do is ask, and it's hers.  I'm a sucker for doe eyes.   :-*

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2005, 06:29 PM »
i buy nothing as well, but occassionly, sour patch kids  8)