Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 129751 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2015, 12:11 PM »
Picked up the Imperial Troop Transport from TRU yesterday on the way home from work.

They also got in the Hera Mission Series wave and had a sale going on where you'd get 2 Mission Series packs for $15.

I grabbed another Stormtrooper/TIE Pilot pack and I also picked up a replacement Cadet Ezra/Kanan 2-pack to replace the defective one I got in my order from EE.

Too bad I missed the other two transports that must have been on the shelf - depending on when I get out of work today, I might try hitting another TRU to see if they have any in stock...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2015, 11:05 PM »
I got my two ITT's from HTS today, so I finally cracked one open. After applying the 85 tiny stickers I think I am done.  ::)

I'm glad they made this thing, but no question it could have been done better. I do like that they made room for 3 extra figures inside. I'm glad now I kept buying extra stormies...I have a full complement in transit.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 1, 2015, 01:21 PM »
I found a big cardboard display of the mission series figures at the local Kohls.  They are supposed to have a dedicated endcap for all the Rebels stuff, so worth a shot if you're looking for these.  My store had the Sabine/Wookies wave.  Only downside is that the figures are $15.  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: April 1, 2015, 11:18 PM »
Got my HTS Imp Troop Transport, and it is worse than I thought it would be...

As with most vehicles they're putting out, it's essentially a vac-formed piece of plastic with "printed details".  It's comically low quality, to the point of being like a dollar store kind of a vehicle.  So glad I didn't shell out more for it, or shipping.

Some of the details are interesting, and nicely thought out/planned.  Like, for instance, the cargo strap tie-downs and/or air-lift straps on the upper sides.  I dig the thought and am not sure the detail exists on the model in the show, but it's neat that it's there I guess on the toy despite being very poorly done/lacking detail to it.

The hollowness of the interior kills me the most though, and it forces it to basically just seat 3 soldiers...  If it were a tad taller, and a hollow hold (not formed seats) so you could put more guys inside, I'd be more forgiving.

There are little half-round nubs on the bottom that give it enough rise from a surface to imply it hovers, but this is a major fumble where they COULD have included wheels.  Simple little discs snapped into a floor would've made this roll nicely on hard surfaces, and added a ton of play to it.

The top turret simply spins, and has no other movement.  The little ball turrets on the front move side-to-side, and nothing more.

There was more effort put into the stickers, than anything else on the vehicle.  I  find this thing kind of unfixable.  You'd be further ahead starting from scratch, which has been on my drawing table (literally, being designed) since it's just simpler to do that if I wanna be happy with it.  I didn't pay much for it, and that's about the only positive I've taken away from purchasing it.

I stand by the TIE Adv. being the gem of the ships so far for this line.  It's just miles superior to this or the AT-DP.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 2, 2015, 08:17 AM »
I found a big cardboard display of the mission series figures at the local Kohls.  They are supposed to have a dedicated endcap for all the Rebels stuff, so worth a shot if you're looking for these.  My store had the Sabine/Wookies wave.  Only downside is that the figures are $15.  :o

There is ALWAYS a coupon at Kohl's.  No one should ever pay full price for anything there.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 2, 2015, 08:43 AM »

I am burning through some gas going back and forth between the 3 Kohl's in town trying to find that #$%^&* Sabine variant.

NONE of them are stocking any 4" SW figures, not even crappy old ones. All they have are those 12" ones.

I did see a huge standalone Avengers display though, with all the newest MU waves. So I guess they got all the love around here. :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 2, 2015, 11:21 AM »

There is ALWAYS a coupon at Kohl's.  No one should ever pay full price for anything there.

There was a 10% off sale, but that only brought them down to $13.50.  I don't mind paying that to get both Sabines, but a little too high for me to want to stock up on any of the others.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 3, 2015, 01:54 PM »
Hit the jackpot at Kohl's today...looked like they finally spruced up the toy aisle in time for Easter. They had a whole little display pallet of Rebels 2-packs on the shelf. All the Sabine 2-packs looked to be the variant version, so I was super happy to scratch that one off my list.  :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 3, 2015, 04:06 PM »
Are you Kohls toy isles look like a tornado went though? I sware they just dump toys on the shelves or the ground when they restock. Half the stuff is out of its package. It's like they just make a pile of toys and the moms just say dive in kid!

No star wars figures found there except 12".
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 4, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Are you Kohls toy isles look like a tornado went though? I sware they just dump toys on the shelves or the ground when they restock. Half the stuff is out of its package. It's like they just make a pile of toys and the moms just say dive in kid!

No star wars figures found there except 12".
Yes, absolutely...the one where I found these was a complete wreck earlier in the week, but apparently they went through and cleaned it up when they put the new figure packs out. Good luck!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 5, 2015, 10:22 AM »
The Kohls near me had a good number of Mission Series sets.  And it was the wave with Bossk & IG-88, Wicket & Biker Scout, Sabine & Stormtrooper, the Wookiees, and Vizago & IG-RM.  But at $14.99 I can understand why all of the sets were still here.

Personally, I was hoping to find the first wave of REBELS basic figures, but no luck.  I may have to cave and buy Chopper on eBay.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2015, 10:24 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #146 on: April 5, 2015, 02:19 PM »
I went by Kohl's yesterday and picked up the wookies and Sabine/Stormtrooper sets for my oldest.  They were on sale for $11.

Now if I can find the Hera/Stormtrooper Commander and Chopper I can stop looking all over the place for him.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 6, 2015, 09:00 AM »
Picked up a couple more Jedi Temple Guards at Kroger yesterday as part of my weekly grocery shopping. Nice to see them getting in some new stuff...wish they had the new 6" guys too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 6, 2015, 10:46 AM »
How are you guys finding all these Jedi Temple Guards?  I haven't seen a single one. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 6, 2015, 11:42 AM »
How are you guys finding all these Jedi Temple Guards?  I haven't seen a single one.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with 6" Bossk. I keep missing him everywhere I go.

You basically have to luck out and get there right when a new case is put out. The JTG's are always the first to go, seems like.