Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 130383 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Picked up Ezra and The Inquisitor at Target today. But the partial case thing is killing me

Man, I feel you! I should be done with this wave by now but I've only been able to put together 3 carded figures from 3 different Targets! (Found Chopper and Inquisitor today, plus the Mission Series 2-pack with R2 and 3PO) It's really frustrating.

It's certainly not like they don't have room to display more than 1 new figure!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 10:55 AM »
The thing that bugs me is that most Targets I go to have two pegs devoted to Legends figures, but have maybe six total figures on the pegs.  They've put those black rubber stoppers on the pegs so you can't fit more than a few figures per peg.  They could easily fit a whole case and a half if they filled up their pegs.   I shove the black rubber stoppers back at all the Targets I go to.   >:D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2014, 12:26 PM »
I found a lone Zeb/Stormtrooper Missions Series 2-pack on the pegs at Target this morning. This is the same store that had 1 lone R2/3PO 2-pack on the pegs yesterday. (which i also bought)

At this rate, 5 or 6 more days and I should be caught up.  ::)

#stockfullcasesTarget

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Found a complete set of 12 Legends figures this morning at my local Toys R Us - grabbed them all...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2014, 09:47 PM »
Found the new Mission Series... Legends Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper, and Vader.  Plus R4-G19 and Hoth Luke.

$6.79 at Target for those Legends figures... so much for the low cost being worth the reduction in quality and articulation.  The Luke and R4 were $11.49 - I managed to get those at TRU for $9.99 though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2014, 10:22 PM »
Nice score Pete!

I managed to find another Chopper on a better card to keep for my MOC collection, at Target after work, so that was cool.

One thing I've noticed already is that this smaller packaging is a lot more prone to damage than previous versions. I've seen wrinkled cards, badly warped cards, and more than a few crushed or cracked bubbles, almost like the plastic is more brittle.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2014, 12:27 AM »
Nice score Pete!

I managed to find another Chopper on a better card to keep for my MOC collection, at Target after work, so that was cool.

One thing I've noticed already is that this smaller packaging is a lot more prone to damage than previous versions. I've seen wrinkled cards, badly warped cards, and more than a few crushed or cracked bubbles, almost like the plastic is more brittle.

I've noticed that as well - I totally lucked out with the 12 I found - they must have come from a incredibly pristine case, but I found openers of Kanan, Ezra, Stormtrooper, Jedi Luke, Snowtrooper and Clone Wars Obi-wan - and those weren't in good condition at all...

Can't wait to find openers of Chopper and the Inquisitor - I'm looking forward to those figures from this first wave the most.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Picked up the Mission Series 2-pack with C-3PO and R2-D2.  They look okay. 

I also saw the new wave of Rebels/Saga Legends basic figures.  Pretty much all of the Rebels figures sold through except for a lone Ezra which was left over.  As for the other new Saga Legends?  The Jedi Luke looks pretty good, truth be told.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21 PM »
I picked up new 12" versions of Kanan and the Inquisitor that were packaged with extra gear in larger boxes than the usual Hero Series stuff. Pretty cool...definitely glad I passed on that Target set now, as the extras are not included with that one. Oh, they were $14.99 too, rather than $9.99. Maybe that was just TRU pricing though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43 PM »
I picked up a Rebels Stormtrooper today.  And cnce again, pretty much ALL of the Rebels figures have sold through before the other Saga Legends at the store where I made this find.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2014, 03:44 PM »
Picked up openers of The Inquisitor, Agent Kallus (sp?) and Chopper this morning. I also grabbed another SW: Rebels Stormtrooper so I can have a small squad of four. Unless I stumble across an extra Inquisitor to permanently have sitting in his Advanced TIE Prototype, I think I'm "done" for the year now since I'm good with both the Wave 1 Basic Figures and Wave 1 Mission Series 2-Packs.

Wouldn't mind scoring a 2nd opener of the Build-A-Droid R5 that's in the 1st Black Series (Blue) wave - but if I never get that 2nd one, I won't be heart-broken...
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2014, 10:40 AM »
My obsessive diligence paid off this morning when I arrived at TRU at opening time and found a full fresh case of Rebels figures! I picked up the last 4 I needed, so I am set with the single carded stuff now, except for maybe a couple of extra Stormtroopers to display.

I also picked up the Clone Wars Obi-wan...is this a straight up recard of a previous figure? I couldn't recall in the store.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2014, 01:09 PM »
I also picked up the Clone Wars Obi-wan...is this a straight up recard of a previous figure? I couldn't recall in the store.

Yes (sort of) - it is a re-release of SL#13 from earlier this year that only showed up in Canada on tri-logo cards. It was in a wave with Jedi Luke (also in this first Rebels Saga Legends wave), the Snowtrooper (again also in this wave) and a Darth Maul - that I think is on a check-list of coming Saga Legends figures, but I'm not 100% sure on that...

So unless you live in Canada, this is your first chance to see this figure on a peg in a store.
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2014, 07:45 PM »
Thanks Pete! That definitely rings a bell now, glad I picked this up as it was not really on my radar previously.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59 PM »
I completed the Rebels collection today with a minty Zeb/Stormtrooper 2-pack courtesy of TRU.  :) Luckily they had at least 7-8 to pick through so I had a good choice of paint apps. (Good thing too, some of these looked pretty hit or miss)

I hope we get something else before Christmas but I'm not holding my breath.