Author Topic: NFL 2014-15  (Read 12027 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
NFL 2014-15
« on: September 4, 2014, 11:44 PM »
and here we go...

No Super Bowl hangover for Seattle apparently...they really took the Packers out behind the woodshed.

It really seemed apparent to me, at least in this game, why a mobile QB like Wilson is the way to go now over a guy like Rodgers. It's just a whole other dimension that facilitates so many creative options within the offense.

Welcome back NFL. Hoping for a good rebound year from my Skins and an even better year for my Fantasy Team.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2014-15
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2014, 12:00 PM »
and here we go...

No Super Bowl hangover for Seattle apparently...they really took the Packers out behind the woodshed.

It really seemed apparent to me, at least in this game, why a mobile QB like Wilson is the way to go now over a guy like Rodgers. It's just a whole other dimension that facilitates so many creative options within the offense.

Welcome back NFL. Hoping for a good rebound year from my Skins and an even better year for my Fantasy Team.  :)

It's a long season.  I remember when the Bucs tried to defend.  They opened up the season with a 17-0 road ass kicking of the Eagles in their new stadium.  Then were up like 35-10 on the Colts on MNF when Joe Jurevicious' knee collided with Mike Alstott's head and both players were lost for the year.  Then the Colts got a few B.S. calls, won the game, and the season unraveled from there.

No doubt Seattle looks strong, especially at home, but they're a long way from repeating.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2014, 01:10 PM »
Agree 100%, it is very difficult to repeat in this day and age. But they sure look like the real deal.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2014, 02:41 PM »

Not sure I'd go that far.  Wilson has been excellent, but he is the exception on mobile QBs, not the rule.  For every Wilson, you have a half dozen Cam Newtons and RG3s.  I'm biased as a Packer fan, but would still rather have Rodgers/Brees/Manning under center. 

Let's also not forget that the Hawks sport the league's #1 defense, a speedy Swiss Army knife like Harvin, an offensive line that can block for more than 2 seconds, and a power rusher that gobbles up 8-9 yards per carry.  I think even Christian Ponder would look good with that kind of supporting cast.

I expected a loss, but the lack of downfield passing from the Packers, terribly limited offensive line, and a concussed Lacy were huge downers for GB fans.  I drafted Lacy in 4 leagues, so that's not sitting well in my stomach either.  Ugh.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2014, 03:38 PM »
Agreed.

Every year we keep hearing about mobile QB's, but until Wilson none of these guys win Super Bowls.  The Super Bowl winners are guys like Brady, Manning, Manning, Flacco, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, John Elway...

Sure, some of those guys can run but they're not going to give you 60 yards a game on the ground.  The Cam Newton's and Michael Vick's of the world don't bring home championships.

Russell Wilson has the benefit of being smart and pretty accurate to go with his mobility.  He also has a suffocating defense backing him up.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2014, 03:39 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Talk to Steeler fans about mobile QB's.  Ben can move for a big guy but they'd take a healthy quality O Line to keep the QB healthy and effective all day over one who can dangerously get you yards running in/out of the pocket as it disintegrates like tissue paper.  That may work in college ball better but the NFL caliber DE's and LB's are a different breed. 

O-Line is the position you have to draft the best at to win IMO.

Not that speed and athleticism hurt, but losing a QB because he's out of the pocket trying to get the first down himself is catastrophic and quite possible every time he's off running around.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline RyanMan12

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 7, 2014, 09:45 PM »
Packers just can't seem to find a solid defense

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 8, 2014, 02:05 PM »
And the Redskins just need an offensive line that can block worth a crap.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2014, 08:51 PM »
I'd just like to see our quarterback stop making rookie mistakes like throwing back across the defense when there is a broken play.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen Cutler throw that interception since he's been in Chicago...

Oh, and a safety that can actually play the position.  I'm starting to think that I can dust off my cleats and play better than Conte.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 06:43 PM »
******' AP, what a ******bag
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 07:50 PM »
You know...after living through Kirby Puckett's fall from grace I vowed not to ever get that emotionally involved with an athlete again...and I haven't

What a ******* scumbag

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 12:40 AM »
This is just such a sad story all the way around.  I'm no Viking fan, but I always respected him and thought he approached everything with class.  So much for that.   I'd be really happy to not hear any more stories about NFL players punching women or whipping kids for the rest of the season. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 03:13 AM »
I can't believe Purple Jesus could do such a thing.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 12:32 PM »
You know...after living through Kirby Puckett's fall from grace I vowed not to ever get that emotionally involved with an athlete again...and I haven't

Not even those you baby-sat for? #didIevertellyouaboutpaulmartin

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Hockey players make it hard to hate them. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77