Community > JD Sports Forum!

NFL 2014-15

(1/9) > >>

McMetal:
and here we go...

No Super Bowl hangover for Seattle apparently...they really took the Packers out behind the woodshed.

It really seemed apparent to me, at least in this game, why a mobile QB like Wilson is the way to go now over a guy like Rodgers. It's just a whole other dimension that facilitates so many creative options within the offense.

Welcome back NFL. Hoping for a good rebound year from my Skins and an even better year for my Fantasy Team.  :)

Rob:

--- Quote from: McMetal on September  4, 2014, 11:44 PM ---and here we go...

No Super Bowl hangover for Seattle apparently...they really took the Packers out behind the woodshed.

It really seemed apparent to me, at least in this game, why a mobile QB like Wilson is the way to go now over a guy like Rodgers. It's just a whole other dimension that facilitates so many creative options within the offense.

Welcome back NFL. Hoping for a good rebound year from my Skins and an even better year for my Fantasy Team.  :)

--- End quote ---

It's a long season.  I remember when the Bucs tried to defend.  They opened up the season with a 17-0 road ass kicking of the Eagles in their new stadium.  Then were up like 35-10 on the Colts on MNF when Joe Jurevicious' knee collided with Mike Alstott's head and both players were lost for the year.  Then the Colts got a few B.S. calls, won the game, and the season unraveled from there.

No doubt Seattle looks strong, especially at home, but they're a long way from repeating.

McMetal:
Agree 100%, it is very difficult to repeat in this day and age. But they sure look like the real deal.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: McMetal on September  4, 2014, 11:44 PM ---It really seemed apparent to me, at least in this game, why a mobile QB like Wilson is the way to go now over a guy like Rodgers. It's just a whole other dimension that facilitates so many creative options within the offense.

--- End quote ---

Not sure I'd go that far.  Wilson has been excellent, but he is the exception on mobile QBs, not the rule.  For every Wilson, you have a half dozen Cam Newtons and RG3s.  I'm biased as a Packer fan, but would still rather have Rodgers/Brees/Manning under center. 

Let's also not forget that the Hawks sport the league's #1 defense, a speedy Swiss Army knife like Harvin, an offensive line that can block for more than 2 seconds, and a power rusher that gobbles up 8-9 yards per carry.  I think even Christian Ponder would look good with that kind of supporting cast.

I expected a loss, but the lack of downfield passing from the Packers, terribly limited offensive line, and a concussed Lacy were huge downers for GB fans.  I drafted Lacy in 4 leagues, so that's not sitting well in my stomach either.  Ugh.

Rob:
Agreed.

Every year we keep hearing about mobile QB's, but until Wilson none of these guys win Super Bowls.  The Super Bowl winners are guys like Brady, Manning, Manning, Flacco, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, John Elway...

Sure, some of those guys can run but they're not going to give you 60 yards a game on the ground.  The Cam Newton's and Michael Vick's of the world don't bring home championships.

Russell Wilson has the benefit of being smart and pretty accurate to go with his mobility.  He also has a suffocating defense backing him up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version