Author Topic: NFL 2014-15  (Read 12030 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2014-15
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Wouldn't Wilson and Luck count as new blood?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 10:57 PM »
Wouldn't Wilson and Luck count as new blood?

Well, Wilson won it last year and Luck didn't make it to the Super Bowl, so...no as far as the Big Game is concerned.  They are clearly the next wave of elite QBs though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 2, 2015, 10:30 AM »
I think this just about sums up the super bowl last night... 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B80o-HvCEAAK2Sv.jpg

I think I had more fun watching twitter reaction to the Nationwide dead kid commercial than I had watching the game...  thought it was a pretty good/close game at least.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 10:31 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 2, 2015, 11:31 AM »
After they announced that Brady was the MP, my wife said that he should give Pete Carroll the truck since he was the true MVP of the game with that awful call at the end.  I tend to agree with her...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 2, 2015, 12:22 PM »
Joe's finally got company!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 2, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Awesome Jeff. That commercial was indeed an abomination. Whoever thought that would be a good ad to run during the Super Bowl should be clearing out his desk this morning.

Second dude who should be fired was whoever picked out Katy Perry's wardrobe. Way, way too many clothes.

And then Pete Carroll. Oy vey!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 2, 2015, 01:26 PM »
That picture is hilarious Jeff.  I was shocked enough to remember the ad at least, but not all that motivated to switch my insurance based on it.  Great game overall.  I love that Carroll tried outsmarting Belichek when he had the game in the bag.  What a fitting end for the cockiest coach in NFL history. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 2, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Awesome Jeff.

That picture is hilarious Jeff.

Can't take credit for it, just saw it on Twitter last night and it summed up the night perfectly for me.  There were tons - "Didn't get to watch Katy Perry because I died", etc.

Also saw a bunch with Peton singing, "Nationwide, your kids are dead" etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 2, 2015, 04:05 PM »
A sports writer in Pitt had one, "Peyton was heard mumbling 'Nationwide you've lost your mind'".  I had lots of fun on the twitters last night too. 

A good game...  If anything it's kind of disappointing a **** the bed coaching moment decided it that way but it was a game that had a good bit of everything to it.  Good game all around though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 2, 2015, 07:37 PM »
BTW those halftime sharks were cool as hell.  I bet JediMAC (RIP) watched those with much enthusiasm.  Land Sharks + Katy Perry *******.  That's a good show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 2, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Awesome Jeff. That commercial was indeed an abomination. Whoever thought that would be a good ad to run during the Super Bowl should be clearing out his desk this morning.

Well that's going to be whoever is in charge of that company... CEO, Board of Directors.  Super Bowl ads are such big money they're approved at every stage by the top in most cases.

As for the came, big thanks to that dude who intercepted the pass at the end.  He won me $200 in our office Super Bowl Squares pool.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 2, 2015, 10:33 PM »
The game was good, the rest not so much. HORRIBLE commercials, even worse than the crapfest we got last year. Halftime show was pretty meh. Street Sharks were trippy, Katy Perry riding the NBC The More You Know star was kinda cool, Lenny Kravitz showing up was pointless, and I legit thought Missy Elliot was dead. Luckily I don't remember much of the bad, as this was the first Super Bowl in 5 years where I didn't have to work, so I basically spent it drunk.

I wouldn't say the final play was a bad call, just great defense. The guy who got the pick flat out said he watched game film and knew which play the Seahawks were going to run because he had seen the tape. He takes one step away and it's a TD, and it's a great decision.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 2, 2015, 11:35 PM »
Luckily I don't remember much of the bad, as this was the first Super Bowl in 5 years where I didn't have to work, so I basically spent it drunk.

Sounds like you actually are Johnny Manziel.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 11:36 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within