Author Topic: NHL 2014-15  (Read 49235 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2014-15
« Reply #60 on: April 1, 2015, 12:00 AM »
You lose the game and potentially Buff too? 

Saw the video and yeah, you can't do that...  I wonder if Buff's suspension is long enough for him to miss the game on Monday!  :-*
« Last Edit: April 1, 2015, 12:02 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: April 1, 2015, 11:41 PM »
Pens look bad...  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  They're beyond hurting, losing Letang and Malkin, but yeah they look bad.  Limping into post season.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: April 2, 2015, 04:40 PM »
4 games for Big Buff

Man, that end of the year CGY/WIN game is looming even larger now...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: April 3, 2015, 10:22 AM »
6. CGY - 91pts, 38 ROW, 4 games left (EDM, ARI, LAK, WIN)
7. MIN - 95pts, 40 ROW, 5 games left (DET, WPG, CHI, NSH, STL)
8. LAK - 90pts, 36 ROW, 5 games left (COL, VAN, EDM, CGY, SJS)
9. WPG - 90pts, 32 ROW, 5 games left (VAN, MIN, STL, COL, CGY)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 3, 2015, 03:03 PM »
6. CGY - 91pts, 38 ROW, 4 games left (EDM, ARI, LAK, WIN)
7. MIN - 95pts, 40 ROW, 5 games left (DET, WPG, CHI, NSH, STL)
8. LAK - 90pts, 36 ROW, 5 games left (COL, VAN, EDM, CGY, SJS)
9. WPG - 90pts, 32 ROW, 5 games left (VAN, MIN, STL, COL, CGY)

I'm afraid by virtue of not being in the Pacific division and having two patsies (EDM, ARI) to play all year, we'll be the odd team out.  We get one "gimme" game (COL) while Calgary and LA have at least two each plus LA just played EDM last night.   ::)  Stoopid Central Division.

Ah well, when we troll the Leafs, Coyotes and Oilers and end up with the 1st overall pick, it'll be pretty funny, but until then I'm gonna be kind of sad. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 4, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Blackhawks pulled another one out of their rear pads last night thanks to Captain Serious.  They are now 1 point behind St. Louis with four games to play and they get the Blues twice in those final four.  Can definitely overtake them for the second spot, however, I don't see them getting past the Predators based on them getting the Stars twice in their final four games.    We'll know soon enough.

I wish the Jets and Wild fans all the best in your final games.  I hope they make it in too...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 4, 2015, 11:28 PM »
Ruh-roh...Dubnyk may be human after all.   :-*

I'm still not hopeful in spite of beating the Canucks today.  What a complete gong show of a game on both ends.  Blech. 

Would love to see the Hawks push the Blues down since it's likely their pick we have from Buffalo. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: April 5, 2015, 08:25 PM »
A loss to the best team in the east and a shootout coin toss loss.  Not terrible, but man is everyone panicking.   ::)  Seems like teams are starting to figure out he's seeing everything so tipped/redirected shots are the only way you're going to score on him...

Not panicked here, but not good to lose a bit of steam at this point...  going to be a big game Monday I think.  You guys will be bringing it for sure most likely.

I'm less worried about your Jets and getting more and more interested in the East - Jesse's Penguins look like melt-down city at the moment...  Malkin today looked like he wanted to rip the arms off Comeau and beat him senseless with them.   :P

If the Sens can beat the Leafs tonight, the Pens/Sens game Tuesday will be a turning point in the season for someone.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Best way to sum up Comeau, and the Pens woes, is that Malkins winger makes 700k. 

Lotta fans think its injuries...  Nope.  Bad contracts and an inability to pick up new guys, plus absolutely zero forwards to bring up who one would call a "prospect".  They're in trouble, but this implosion started LONG ago. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 6, 2015, 10:45 PM »
Not panicking...  not panicking...  not panicking... 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 6, 2015, 11:27 PM »
Ruh-roh...Dubnyk may be human after all.   :-*

Outplayed by Pavelec?  Because yeah, I'd have put money on that.  Definitely a four point swing I wasn't expecting there. 

Glimmer...

« Last Edit: April 7, 2015, 12:15 AM by Morgbug »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: April 7, 2015, 11:06 PM »
I'm almost rooting for the Senators, after tonight.  Seriously.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: April 7, 2015, 11:09 PM »
They're in trouble, but this implosion started LONG ago.

Pens 3, Sens 0 in the 1st
Me: "Wow, Jesse's Pens aren't dicking around tonight..."

Then...  Sens 4, Pens 3 (OT)
Sorry, Jesse. :( 

Meanwhile,
Wild 2, Hawks 1 = Playoffs!  ;D

Jets 1, Blues 0 =  ???
Who knew Pavelec would go 62-62 and pitch back-2-back shutouts agains MIN and STL?

Flames 3, Yotes 2
Brent gets no help from the desert dogs. :(

Oil 4, Kings 2 =  :o
Brent gets big help from the prairie patsies
« Last Edit: April 8, 2015, 12:02 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: April 7, 2015, 11:42 PM »
Yeah this implosion has been going on since, really, last year.  We're hamstrung by contracts Shero & Co. signed like Kunitz, Scuderi, etc.

Crosby's tied for the lead in the scoring race, yet every fan here's asking why Crosby has sucked of late (so, so spoiled).  He, and Malkin as well, are playing with 3rd liners at this point...  Hornie and Perron are the only legit wings for them, while Kunitz is a shell of his former self, and Comeau is the $700k/yr player he is and not the "Wow, what a bargain!" he was at the start of the season.  Duper looked to be on a roll at the start of the season despite his age, so his contract looked more easy to take but obviously his clot we were without a key guy there.  Same for Daniel Winnik...  A bottom 6 guy now playing on a top 2 line because, WTF else?  Steve friggin' Downie has been more of an offensive machine, and more deserving of 2nd or 1st line play, than any of the other bottom 6 guys...  Of course, he'll kill you with a dumbass penalty.

Letang, another concussion, Erhoff concussion...  Our blue line mobility is basically non-exisant, as Derrik Pouliot is nowhere near ready for primetime.  Oh, and the current regime traded some of our mobility/youth to get Ben Lovejoy back, who I like, but who hasn't found solid footing here yet and I'm not sure the price we paid was worth it.

Cole, he's one bright spot.  Plays great...  Martin has been steady for the most part but is starting to show wear on the treads (be careful what you'll pay for him next year, Jeff, because he's not what he once was).  Tack on Scuderi who has been dismal...  We've got a lot of $ in the latter two and they're not exactly shutting people down, but at least Martin's giving us a little mobility.  He's guilty of some ugly turnovers too though, in this skid.

Beau Bennett, our only "prospect" at forward (again, courtesy mostly of the Shero era) has been a bust for the most part under two regimes now.  He looked better tonight, more confident, doing the right things, but who knows.  I feel he's not getting enough of a shot on a top two line, but maybe I'm wrong.  I dunno.

Kasperi Kappanen is being brought over, but he's no Jagr who will just flip the team on its ear and they're suddenly amazing with him.

So, that's that...  And the current regime pissed away some draft picks too, and probably shouldn't have.  Pens will not be a power next year IMO.  I think this team, as it stands, will be blown up in the off-season.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a top 2 center traded, either.  It'll hurt.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 8, 2015, 12:10 AM »
C'mon, who ever doubted Pavelec could shut out both the Wild and Blues  :-X

Glimmer a little brighter....

Oh and let's watch the NHL give nothing to Backes for the cross-check to the back of Stuart's neck with 30 seconds left.  Not the same intensity as Buff's but it should be a couple of games, it's a nearly identical play.