Author Topic: Tamashii (Bandai) S.H.Figuarts Star Wars Figures  (Read 49830 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Tamashii (Bandai) S.H.Figuarts Star Wars Figures
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 05:39 AM »

Clicky!

Uh, yeah, they're even starting to tempt me, who vowed not to deviate from 4" scale stuff...  But that?  Holy ****.

If Hasbro wanted to bump figure prices to $15 for the 4" line, I'd be giddy to see them go this route.  Multiple scene-specific heads, hands, hyper articulated, crisp paint apps...  I'd pay 50% more for figures for that kinda stuff.

And these shame their 6" line, top to bottom.

Thanks for posting that JJ, Luke looks pretty impressive, especially posed against Vader on that background.  Tempting...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:40 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Darth Maul Update from Tamashii

Holy Moly, Darth Vader looks AWESOME.  Not 100% perfect, but very very nice...  I may have to break down and pick one up.  :-\  #carefuldontopenthatdoor
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 02:06 PM »
My Vader preorder from HLJ came in, but I decided to get the Stormtrooper too, because why not? Once that processes they'll be on their way to America.

Really glad I decided to order this Vader too, it does look great. I had no idea the cape would be so flexible, I thought it was going to be plastic like the Revoltech version, and hard to pose. Glad to see that's not the case.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 11:15 PM »
Out of the box look at Stormtrooper.  Man, it is getting harder and harder to resist these...  I have a ton of Tamashii Nations' Robot Damashii figures (Gundams), so I know they've got some kick-ass quality.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: May 1, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Wow.  Both HLJ and BBTS pre-sold out on Darth Maul!

HLJ took a couple hours since it was overnight; BBTS only took 20 minutes after their first tweet to pre-sell out.   :o
« Last Edit: May 1, 2015, 01:28 PM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 1, 2015, 01:58 PM »
Damn... I was on the fence about Maul because I don't want to open the Prequel floodgates, but I guess that makes my decision for me.

I see Luke is pre-sold out too, which stinks because I wanted one and never saw them go up.  :(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 5, 2015, 08:54 PM »
Finally got Vader (and his base) and the Stormie today. Package was kept in customs for a few days, and they tore the crap out of HLJ's packaging. Glad I'm not keeping these carded. :P

I'll try to snap some pics over the next few days, or over the weekend, at least some comparisons with the Revoltech Vader and Stormie.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 11:30 PM »
Tamashii Star Wars SHF Display at Tokyo Toy Show this weekend.  Bandai unfortunately blurred the figures, but left the sign to announce...  SH Figuarts C-3PO and R2-D2!

Now we just need to comb through twitter for someone to post an unblurred picture... will be interesting to see how they compare to the Revoltech versions.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Looks like JapanStarWars.com has a slightly better pic of SHF C-3PO and R2-D2 figures... blurred the figures, but not the reflection of the figures. :P

http://www.japanstarwars.com/topics/2015/06/images/tokyotoyshow2015-161.jpg

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 01:51 PM »
If they were smart they would focus on figures Hasbro has NOT done in their 6" line already. That would allow them to poach business from people like me. I can't afford 6" duplicates at those prices.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 03:32 PM »
They likely won't be doing an expansive line.  Their focus will more than not be on "iconic" things if I had to guess.  So I wouldn't count on them doing what Hasbro doesn't only because Hasbro will TRU to do tons of stuff from background to iconic main stuff.

I think their market isn't to compare or assimilate to Hasbro as much as it's to offer a superior alternative. 

I got the astromech kits tho, and the price was less than one Hasbro fig, and they strike me as miles better.  Straight build with stickers over the waterslides they're still better looking to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 10:30 AM »
Jedi Luke is due out next week in Japan...

And Bandai/Tamashii have teased out two more potential figures in the line - Battle Droid and AOTC Clone Trooper!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:31 AM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Just ordered Luke off of Amazon Japan, since he's sold out on BBTS AND HLJ. Even Amazon Japan was selling them via a third party (fulfilled by Amazon).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Got Jedi Luke in the mail yesterday. Haven't had a chance to open him yet but I'll snap some pics this weekend since I have the Hasbro Black Series version too. One thing I notice from the packaging: the hair looks gold, as in it's shiny. Love how it comes with the alternate unmasked head for Vader.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Had a chance to open up Luke over the weekend (but too lazy to take pictures, go figure). It's a great figure, and matches well with the SH Figuarts Vader and Stormtrooper.

Probably my favorite feature is the alternate heads... and they worked in the Japanese "face swapping" mechanisms. Essentially, you can either swap heads, or swap just the faces, so for example, you can have a neutral expression Luke with the windy hair, or angry Luke with normal hair. Another feature I love is that the right wrist joint is flesh colored, so it looks like the glove comes "untucked" from the sleeve. Very weird thing to like, I know.

I do have the Hasbro Black Series Jedi Luke and did some comparisons... I do like a few things better on Hasbro's version, shockingly. For example, Hasbro had the separate chest panels for if you want to display Luke with his shirt's flap up or down. None of that with the Figuarts figure. Also I like Hasbro's lightsaber better, as the handle is more rubbery and easier to put in the figure's hands. Also, Hasbro painted the belt buckle silver while Bandai left it black. Not sure which is the screen accurate version.

Can't forget about the alternate unmasked Vader head that Luke comes with. It's something that should have come with Vader, but no complaints. It looks great, especially since Vader comes with a chopped off hand piece. Fooling around with the two though made me realize that Bandai's Vader is a tad bit too short... Luke comes up to his nose when I feel he should come up to Vader's chin maybe.

Just wish I could track down a few more Stormtroopers. :P