Author Topic: Tamashii (Bandai) S.H.Figuarts Star Wars Figures  (Read 49828 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Tamashii (Bandai) S.H.Figuarts Star Wars Figures
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2015, 03:03 PM »
Mailman just delivered the Clone Trooper and Battle Droid I ordered from Amazon Japan. Was hoping to not get suckered in to buying PT stuff, and then I bought the Maul...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 5, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Just had Kylo Ren and the First Order Stormtrooper delivered to work. Great looking figures!

Still trying to find a way to get my hands on Obi-Wan and Phasma when they come out.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 10:41 PM »
I put together an album of all my SH Figuarts figures so far. Sorry for the crappy lighting, my apartment doesn't make a good studio.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2016, 11:34 PM »
Ordered Obi-Wan for pretty cheap on Amazon Japan last week and it got here today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 4, 2016, 09:19 AM »
Found out through an Amazon Japan email that they had Phasma (out next week) and Mace Windu (out in May) available for preorder, so I signed up. Relieved to be able to cross them off my list.

For a complete collection now, I just need to find a way to get the Shadow Stormtrooper and Speeder Bike... my only option for the Speeder Bike might be through BBTS where they want $200 for it. Shadow Stormie is on Bandai Japan's website but I can't navigate it and don't know if I would have to pay to reserve one... :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 10:03 AM »
New S.H.Figuarts Announcements - Heavy Gunner First Order Stormtrooper and ANH Luke Skywalker.

The Heavy Gunner is a nice addition, but holy cow - look at that Luke.  Amazing, especially when you compare him to Hasbro's floppy shirt ANH Luke.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Ugh... I may be buying that.  That is simply insane.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2016, 01:06 AM »
Yeah that Luke is awesome. Reminds me of the Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack Luke vs the 2004 VOTC Luke. Looks like the Heavy Armor Stormtrooper is exclusive to Bandai's online store as well, meaning it will be a pain to get for a decent price.

Phasma got here today (and apparently someone who runs the JD Twitter got theirs too). Here's a quick comparison shot of the Phasma vs the Black Series Phasma... not sure who got the scale wrong. :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2016, 01:22 AM »
At any given time that's Jeff, Scott, or me. :P  Usually one of the other two though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 1, 2016, 03:52 PM »
I am trying to figure out where I can order these things other than through US importers.  The markup is pretty high.  I have followed HobbyLink and HobbySearch.  But I always seem to miss the preorder. 

Other options you like?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: March 1, 2016, 05:35 PM »
I am trying to figure out where I can order these things other than through US importers.  The markup is pretty high.  I have followed HobbyLink and HobbySearch.  But I always seem to miss the preorder. 

My two favorite options are HLJ (good prices) or BBTS (convenience).

Third option is to check eBay.  Yes, there are scalpers there but there are also some good deals if you are patient.  For example, BBTS has SHF Maul for $95, but eBay has some sellers offering him for $66 shipped from Japan.

Final option is dealing with Japan shops direct. AmiAmi, Blister.jp, Mandarake and Amazon Japan are all good options for Tamashii stuff, but you need a Japan address to place an order at most of them.

To get a Japan address you can use to order, get yourself set up with a re-shipper like tenso.com (or similar).  They offer you a Japan address to receive your orders and then they forward the packages to you in the USA.   

This is where I bring up the convenience angle to BBTS or eBay. You may not want to pay the high markup, but it may be worth it to avoid the hassle or because you have no other option. 

For myself, there have been times (usually on Tamashii Web Exclusive Gundam figures) where I've tried to avoid the high price at BBTS and bought somewhere else only to end up spending just as much once you figure in the original shipping + the forwarding company service fees + the final shipping to me in the USA.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: March 1, 2016, 06:50 PM »
HLJ will likely put more up so don't give up on them, but I've bout Bandai kits from eBay (not sold in us now) and consider the markup negligible.  Dunno on these figures since I can buy them direct anyway.  How this is ok and a model kit figure isn't, is beyond me, but no complaints either. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2016, 09:17 AM »
SH Figuarts Jango Fett Revealed

I just got the Hasbro Black Series version last week, and it's a great figure, but this blows that one out of the water!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2016, 09:31 PM »
It'll come down to the removable helmet for many, but honestly I foresee someone casting that Hasbro head, possibly with a peg for the FA figure, in the near future.  Be a wise move on someone who does a casting business on the side anyway.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2016, 12:17 PM »
Sheesh... got to work this morning and saw Figuarts Mace Windu was put up for preorder on HLJ. Checked to see if they had the ANH Luke and they didn't. Checked again 30 minutes later for kicks and they were both pre-sold out!

I have Mace on preorder through Amazon Japan, but still need to find a way to get Luke. I was able to preorder the Heavy Armor First Order Stormtrooper through BBTS though.