Author Topic: Jar Jar in the Senate  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Jar Jar in the Senate
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Who's dumb idea was to make Jar Jar a senator? What ever happen to Boss Ness? He would have been the logical leader to represent the Gungans in the Senate. Why would they send Jar Jar to represent them if they just want to get rid of him?  He would do more harm then good like giving emergency powers to Chancellor Palatine. Where was Padme when that decision was made? Why send Jar Jar anywhere in the first place? If he was just Padme's aid, who gave him Senatorial powers to raise an issue for the senate to vote?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Jar Jar in the Senate
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21 PM »
Who's dumb idea was to make Jar Jar a senator?

Fixed it for you.

But, yeah, no sense in him having a political career, but I bet they (Lucas) wanted to keep Jar Jar around in some capacity.  But then again, Jar Jar is considered (likely) a Hero of the Battle of Naboo, and many politicians are former war heroes (not saying that they are all idiots since Jar Jar is). 

I figure Boss Nass and the General (forget his name) may have died in the ten years between TPM and Clones since there's no mention of it... and maybe Jar Jar was influenced by Palpatine to become a senator since the Force influences the weak minded.

As for Padme:  At the time she was hiding in Naboo, then ran off with Ani to rescue his mother on Tatooine, and then running to Geonosis to save Obi-Wan, leaving Jar Jar to be the senior member of the Naboo delegation.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Tarpals gets offed in TCW actually. 

The Nass issue I dunno.  Padme wasn't allowed to hold a senate position as queen tho so maybe same for Gungans?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 04:25 PM »
Tarpals gets offed in TCW actually. 

That's right.  Forgot about that.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:21 PM »
They made him a General in TPM in hopes that he would die in battle.

They made him a representative in the Senate to get him off of Naboo.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:06 PM »
The turd that won't flush.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Given all of Palpatine's masterful manipulation in the leadup to the declaration of the Empire?  I wouldn't put it past him to influence the political situation on his own homeworld in order to put a fool in the Naboo Senate delegation.  Then the plots of AOTC drive away Senator Amidala, leaving Jar Jar with the keys to the castle.  That in turn leads to Palpatine manipulating Jar Jar into proposing the Military Creation Act.

As for Boss Nass?  Please.  That guy is already susceptible to being influenced by Jedi Mind Tricks.  And he was also dumb enough to name Jar Jar as General.  I'm not putting any stock in a guy with such poor decision making skills.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:33 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback