Author Topic: The Force Awakens Trailers  (Read 49224 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens Trailers
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 07:33 AM »
But EVERY background character played a pivotal role in something from one of the movies I thought............... ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 09:15 AM »
Best part about that shot (and so many others) is the only CGI in that shot are the TIE fighters.

Wait a minute, those aren't real TIE fighters? I feel cheated now.

JJ raped my childhood!!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 10:22 AM »
I imagine he played an integral part in Jabba's Palace or Mos Eisley.......

I like to think of him as TK421 2.0.  Born on the planet Lothal shortly after the dawn of the Empire, TK was the son of an Imperial trooper, TK421, Sr. and Lothal fruit peddler.  TK, Jr. was raised mostly by his mother as his father was off on secret missions to safeguard the Empire against insurgents.  One of TK's fondest memories as a child was of his father giving him a stuffed Wookiee that he got while stationed Kashyyyk.

As he grew older, TK saw less of his father as he was working for a hero of the Empire, Tarkin.  He witnessed several attacks against Imperial authorities by terrorist cell groups that left troops dead, which angered him to the point of action.  Any one of those peacekeepers could have been his father.  This fear led TK to join the Imperial Youth movement and later became a future Stormtrooper.  TK was present on a field expedition to watch the destruction of a communications array, which had been hacked by a terrorist cell that was rumored to be led by a Jedi.  TK was awed to be in the presence of the man his father respected, Grand Moff Tarkin.  Sadly, in a few years TK lost both of the men he looked up to when the insurgents destroyed the Death Star. 

When the Rebels dethroned Palpatine, TK was stationed out in the Rim.  Fearing for his life, he laid low for years until he received a signal that the remnants of the Old Empire were regrouping as the New Order to bring back peace to the galaxy.  TK was a diligent and loyal soldier, who was tabbed by his superiors to be brought into the fold of the Elite Guard.  Unfortunately, as the New Order was making progress in their quest for peace, a group of terrorist attacked a New Order hangar and TK was caught in the blast.  The details of the attack are sketchy at this point.  The New Order sends their sincerest condolences to TK's family and comrades and vow to make those Rebel scum pay for their treachery.

This is fun.  We should just have a thread for people writing about this guy's backstory.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2015, 06:34 AM »
Yesterday I finally got a chance to get to the movies to see Avengers - Age of Ultron.  I had been hoping that the trailer for THE FORCE AWAKENS would be attached to this movie.  All told I sat through at least half a dozen trailers and then FINALLY the trailer for Episode 7 came!  I've probably watched it at least a couple of dozen times online so far.  But seeing it in the theater on a big screen?  There's just something so vastly different being in that theater setting that you can't get at home.  And even though I had seen it before numerous times, seeing the trailer in a theater was almost an emotional experience.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2015, 10:39 PM »
I agree Nick.  I saw it in IMAX 3D and it looks amazing.  The opening shot, I felt like I was standing on Jakku!  The shot of the Shuttle heading to the new Star Destroyer looked very impressive as well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 7, 2015, 07:57 AM »
I need to ask a simple question that I have not been able to find an answer to anywhere.  When Disney first announced the new trilogy, they specifically called them Episodes 7, 8 & 9.  However, since the name of the film has been released, I've never seen TFA referred to as Episode VII - The Force Awakens.  I know that when the OT was released, the posters and trailers never referred to the movies as Episodes (there was no Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back).  And the only place this showed up was in the initial crawl.  But when the Prequels came out, the 'Episode I' was more prevalent on the poster than either 'SW' or 'TPM'.  And it was always referred to as SW EPI TPM in the commercials, trailers, etc..  So the question is, are they consciously trying to avoid the utilization of Episode VII in all the discussion/advertising on purpose, or is this truly not going to be referred to as EP7?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #81 on: July 7, 2015, 09:12 AM »
I think it's more like an homage to the OT.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2015, 09:39 PM »
I figured it's a PR thing to keep it fresh.  You mention something as the 7th movie in a series and it's that much tougher to make it seem new and exciting, even if excitement is completely built into this one.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Didn't seem to hurt Fast and Furious 7...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2015, 09:28 AM »
... or the 25 James Bond movies
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2015, 10:59 AM »
The 25th James Bond film wasn't titled "James Bond 25" though, right?

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2015, 11:39 AM »
Exactly.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Looks like a shot straight out of Nuremburg in the 1930's.  And that really is at the heart of what George Lucas was going for with the stylization of the Empire.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Yeah, cool scene...except for the guy who looks to be the head of it all.  Is he going for Vader with an unpainted helmet?  Just weird.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today