Author Topic: The Force Awakens Trailers  (Read 49229 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens Trailers
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2015, 10:35 PM »
Yeah, I think that's right. I was trying to put it in the voice of the new female, but I think it's a continuation of Leia saying "The Force...it's calling to you.  Just let it in."

Amazeballs.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2015, 10:37 PM »
Sounds like "Just let it in".  This trailer ******* rocks & yes I got a little misty. Also got my tickets for the 1st showing, I can't wait!  8)

Agreed - it sounds like "Just let it in" - the "it" being "The Force"...

The line before it is "The Force, it's calling to you"

The only problem I'm having is that it doesn't sound like it's the same female voice saying the two lines, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think the "The Force, it's calling to you" is being said by Leia but the "Just let it in" does not sound like Leia/Carrie Fisher at all...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Sounds like "Just let it in". 

It is.  Had captions on since I can't enjoy with full volume (kids in bed).

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2015, 10:40 PM »
Cinemrk and Fandango are crashing.  I got in a 10:20 pm IMAX showing on the 17th, but I'm trying to purchase tickets for me and my son on the 18th!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2015, 10:46 PM »
A lot of sites are crashing.. I am glad I got my tix when it went live. Look out Jurassic & Ultron, hoping for a new box office record this year!  ;D

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Couldn't get tickets online so went to the box office instead and got 7:00 opening night tix.  Can't F-ing Wait!!!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2015, 11:47 PM »
I'm really ticked I read a spoiler report last week. :'( Although there was some stuff missing that connects the dots, looks like it's all pretty accurate.

A buddy got some tickets for a 10:30 showing on the 17th, so looks like that's it for me. Gonna try and see it a few times that weekend though, once with my dad and maybe with some of the different formats.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2015, 12:10 AM »
Her name's Rey, Sprry. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2015, 12:14 AM »
Han's lines = AMAZING.

Finn's too.  Finn's story and Poe's (which seems sort of secondary) have me most interested.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2015, 12:33 AM »
Wondering if that voice isn't Leia's, actually.

Meh whatever, I don't care.  I love this.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2015, 01:53 AM »
Cool trailer 8)  Even watching it on YouTube, it's really easy to tell that there's a lot more "actual" footage and scenery in this movie than in any of the Prequals.  Its not totally a CGI-fest save where it needs to be... I like it!

Also got my tickets for the 7:00pm (first) showing on December 17.  Went with the standard showing as it will still be on a huge screen and I don't care about 3D, etc.  I had no issues using the Fandango App on my phone, and have the confirmation emails for the purchases, so everything is good.  Sort of a personal standard that I always see a new (or re-released) Star Wars film on the opening day  ;D   
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2015, 09:23 AM »
Han's lines = AMAZING.

Interesting it appears that they're going with some sort of cover up story for Endor (as in the Empire covering up that the Rebels destroyed the DS and killed Palpatine), and that Han is now the one that truly believes.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2015, 09:40 AM »
Thinking about it (from the movies, not books), only Han, Leia and their group know that Luke is a Jedi.  Any other Rebel may not have witnessed any Jedi moments with Luke.  In fact, Luke may have been considered just a prisoner of war or a deserter during the Battle of Endor.  He surrenders to Vader and somehow returns for the Victory Celebration.  Not one Rebel saw what happened in between that time.  That would be an interesting take on things.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2015, 10:00 AM »
I've got to say, my reaction to this trailer was more than I was expecting.  It actually got me a little emotional to watch it.  I know that a lot of that is tied to my own personal experiences with Star Wars over the years.  But the way the score played into this trailer was a big part of it, too.  Especially the music cue that was recycled from A NEW HOPE following Obi-Wan Kenobi's death. 

Some things that stood out to me?  Han Solo and Chewbacca.  Seeing them as active participants this time was amazing.  Especially since it seems that Han seems to be something of a spirit guide for Rey and Finn.

Kylo Ren seems that much more menacing...even with the lens flare while he's on the bridge of that First Order Star Destroyer.  And those shots of him in the rain?  Could those other people who are with him be "The Seven"?  And that last shot of him?  It looks like he takes off the helmet to fight Finn.

And with Rey?  I get much more of that sense of longing for SOMETHING as she wanders the desert of Jakku.  And it seems to echo Luke's story as he dreamed of leaving Tatooine.  But Rey's circumstances seem that much more difficult.  I wonder if that voice asking "Who are you?" to Rey is Lupita N'yongo's character?  I suspect that Maz Kanata has an important part to play as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Kylo Ren seems that much more menacing...even with the lens flare while he's on the bridge of that First Order Star Destroyer.  And those shots of him in the rain?  Could those other people who are with him be "The Seven"?  And that last shot of him?  It looks like he takes off the helmet to fight Finn.

My son noticed that he wasn't with other stormtroopers in that shot.  He said, "Daddy look!  More Kylo Rens!"
This is the way.

I have spoken.