Author Topic: Prototype or just didn't make it to the end of the production process?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Don't know if there's a better thread for this, but I won both of these on ebay (still don't have them in hand). Seller lists them as prototype, I'm leaning more towards they are just figures that didn't make it through the whole production process. Even with shipping from Hong Kong the total was less than $10 so either way they are neat little additions to my collection. Anyway, does anyone know a good way to tell the difference? Neither has a COO or date on them. Thanks

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Test Shots, I'd guess...  Not a prototype, but not just something that didn't get painted.  I say that only because the plastic coloring on some of the parts there isn't correct.  These get cranked out in some funky colors.

We posted a story a while back showing test shots of the Saga Cloud Car and Snowspeeder that were like neon green and whatnot.  They're cool IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Thanks Jesse. That makes sense. If I had taken a moment to think about the color of the plastic it should have been obvious they weren't production rejects.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within