Author Topic: Disney Star Wars Land  (Read 64134 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Disney Star Wars Land
« Reply #60 on: March 9, 2018, 06:31 PM »
My friends I think are gonna do the stay in the park experience thing with costumes and a storyline.  I heard the price and I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing it but I still wanna get to the park to see the attraction at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2018, 09:23 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2018, 03:29 PM »
7 things we've learned about Star Wars land. It looks like we are getting a Loth-Cat and other animals to pet. Some of them you can take home. Pictures of the skinned full size AT-ATs. The original voice of Nien Numb is back. A second dark ride element will be a full size Resistance Troop Transport. I assume that is from when you leave your droid controlled vehicle midway through the Battle Escape ride and board this thing.

https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-details/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 8, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Video of rock work at Disneyland's Galaxy Edge. I believe a ship can be seen too. The Falcon is being built outside now. They are getting pretty close for a summer 2019 opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHam-pb16k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5yEx_RsZU

I like the R2-D2 building dome.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 8, 2018, 11:36 AM »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #65 on: November 8, 2018, 08:18 PM »
The Falcon is coming along nicely!

We are planning a family getaway next October during the kids' school break.  Don't tell them...it's a surprise!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Check out this update on Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.  They've posted some videos that are previews of the experiences that park-goers can expect:

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

And very notably?  The Star Wars maestro himself, John Williams, has composed music that will be featured in Galaxy's Edge:

John Williams Creating New and Original Star Wars Themes Exclusively for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 01:47 PM »
I just found Reverse Imagineering website. The link below will lead you to an interactive model of the Galaxy Edge. I suggest that you load it to full screen.

https://www.reverseimagineering.com/models/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 3, 2018, 09:32 AM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 8, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Hello beautiful.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 3, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Latest video from Disney. Shows some of the rides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=134&v=SowdvPryB2g

« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 10:45 AM by Phrubruh »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 4, 2019, 10:28 AM »
Interesting information from Barron's. Thanks to Ken Coates for pointing this out! - By Jack Hough (Barron's)

* This is talking about the Disneyland version

Barron’s recently spent an afternoon touring Galaxy’s Edge—a first for the press this late in construction—with executives from construction, operations, and “imagineering,” or creative design, along with a Star Wars expert in a holiday R2-D2 sweater. Here are some scattered notes from that visit, including previously unreported details, some of which might be subject to change.

(1) Visitors will enter Galaxy’s Edge through one of three entrances near the park’s Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Critter Country themed areas, with the expansion turning what are now dead ends into a circuitous route.

(2) Building exteriors in Galaxy’s Edge are designed to look weathered from the first day of completion

(3) Galaxy’s Edge will open in Disneyland this summer, perhaps by early June. (not confirmed!)

(4) At the Disneyland site, there are about 600 workers now, down from a peak of 1,000 to 1,100. During our visit, one team was preparing to weld joints and seams to cover screw heads on the Millennium Falcon, which was recently assembled from the contents of 93 crates. Another was lifting an ornamental radar dish to a control tower. Another was attending to the ceiling in Oga’s.

(5) Access to the construction site is strictly controlled; some key executives say their family members haven’t been able to visit. Laborers are told background stories of the areas they build to help instill pride in the work.

(6) For real trees, a team of horticulturalists has taken pains to choose and obtain—and protect—particular species. One sign for the crew on a potted tree awaiting transplanting read, “The cost to replace this tree is $9,000. Please respect all trees and keep this area clean.”

Millennium Falcon : Smuggler's Run
------------------------------------------------
(1) The attraction entrance will be subtly marked, so as not to disrupt the look of the land.

(2) Visitors will fly the ship in groups of six, and see the real-time results of their actions, such as knocking over a spire during takeoff. The flight will be different each visit.

Rise of the Resistance (ROTR)
-----------------------------------------
(1) Visitors waiting in line for this attraction will wind through highly themed interiors that evoke rundown rooms the Resistance has repurposed as a base for operations against the First Order.

(2) Groups of guests might be “captured” at one point and ordered along by the enemy, before making their escape aboard a trackless troop transport.

Oga's Cantina
-------------------
(1) Oga’s is relatively small for aesthetic reasons, and is likely to be popular. To maximize capacity and keep visits from becoming all-afternoon affairs, most guests will stand.

(2) There will be a handful of booths with seating around the outer edge of the restaurant; no decision has been made yet on whether or how these can be reserved.

(3) We heard a mention of a "Fuzzy Tauntaun", named for the furry snow lizards ridden in Empire Strikes Back, although it’s unclear if that’s a hypothetical drink or a planned one, and the menu is still being decided.

Other Retail
-----------------
(1) Shops will be supplied from a common stockroom, and restaurants from a common kitchen, to increase efficiency.

(2) One shop will feature droids that visitors can customize through an interactive experience. A droid that is made to be, say, afraid of stormtroopers might signal its fear when one comes close. Droids owned by members of the same group might recognize each other when they meet. Prices have not been set. The shop might also sell a full-size R2-D2 for well-heeled fans, perhaps costing thousands.

(3) There will be another shop presided over by Dok-Ondar, a collector who is briefly mentioned in Solo. This character, likely animatronic.

Full article source ->https://www.barrons.com/articles/he...kYveSBHo9W8bamRChDMQ3i_HYkqdAB-2Qai75wqDQFsnA

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 8, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Latest rumor is a June 21st opening for Star Wars land at Disneyland. Disneyland also has upped their prices and added more blackout dates accordingly. For the price of a premier pass, you can buy three Jabba's sail barges.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #73 on: January 8, 2019, 01:04 PM »
Latest rumor is a June 21st opening for Star Wars land at Disneyland. Disneyland also has upped their prices and added more blackout dates accordingly. For the price of a premier pass, you can buy three Jabba's sail barges.

We're planning a trip out there this fall....luckily, I can take advantage of the USAF and get tickets through them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 8, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Disneyland Resort is saluting active and retired U.S. military personnel by offering Military Promotional 3- and 4-Day Park Hopper Tickets. You can visit both theme parks each day of your ticket!

Purchase from November 1, 2018 through December 18, 2019, and receive admission for 3 days for just $178 or 4 days for $198 from January 1 through April 13 and April 23 through December 21, 2019.

These are amazing deals considering these prices below: