Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 8  (Read 24237 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 8
« on: December 26, 2014, 04:07 PM »
Is there any hint of a Wave 8 in this line?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 8
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Not thus far...  Toy fair isn't too far off so I'd say any sniff of toys we will get between feb and August will be there and will be meager.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Yes.  Wave 8 would be the stuff from NYCC - Carbonite Han, jawas, Boushh, Mosep, etc. 

There's a chance waves 7/8 may be scrambled though... No one has seen a solid case pack info yet (unless I missed that).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 07:41 PM »
Totally forgot the NYCC stuff...   :-[  it's maybe the most interesting stuff TBS is getting too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:09 PM »
I'm really getting so truly anxious for the Jawa 2-pack.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Like we don't have enough Jawas. The only thing that looks interesting is Mosep and he will be impossible to find and not worth the price increase.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Han in Carbonite is the star of this wave for me.  Mosep is okay, but I personally don't find the character all that interesting.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 09:37 AM »
Agree on Han - he's got arm binders for crying out loud!

Disagree with you on Mosep though, Nick.  I can't wait for him - he's not just Mosep, he's Jabba the Hut too!

Really excited to get a figure of him given the Star Wars lore behind him.  I mean, this guy was basically "Jabba the Hut" for quite a few appearances in the early Marvel Comics until ROTJ came along and showed us who "Jabba the Hutt" really was. 

It's the same reason I'd love to see a figure of Heater someday - every fake Jabba should get a figure! ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:38 AM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25 AM »
...In Marvel comics.  I had the comic adaptation of TESB, but never for STAR WARS.  So I missed out on that.  So with Mosep I get about as excited for that as I would for the actor in the furry costume who was the stand-in for the Docking Bay 94 scene.  Both of them are notable because of their interesting footnote status in the whole saga, but that obscurity doesn't do it for me.  When it comes to a Tatooine / Cantina denizen I'm more interested in someone who gets more screen time.  Like a Baniss Keeg or Danz Borin.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:26 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 02:16 PM »
Mosep is my #1 wanted Alien at this moment, so getting his figure was great news for me.  An unmade species is always welcome IMO, unless it's an f'n podracer.

I'd put him up with Han as my most wanted figures in quite some time...  Probably about a year it feels like, as TBS has not delivered many figures I was giddy about.  Luke and Yoda were it for the most part, and Yoda has big flaws and Luke as well, though I overlook them for the fun factor.  Sadly, Daks on Amazon for cheap were about as truly excited as I got to buy much of anything.

Han's needed a new Carbo Han for eons now though.  The Saga figure blew chunks.  This looks like a really nice update.  Mosep makes my Cantina Wishlist really shrink down to humans, and the two they'll never make it seems.  Tizzvizziizzifzizifizzleniizzit is neat though so he's taking my next alien wish from the scene.  Garrouf Lafoe, the local HVAC guy just trying to have some peace and quiet with a drink, is definitely my top Cantina want though, I believe.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 02:51 PM »
I'm a Jawa guy so those I look forward to but the rest... Mosep for sure. It will be case by case as its been for a long while on these. Bannis Keeg is really the only major cantina alien I think would be cause for real excitement for me.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Is it wrong that I'm 1000% more interested in the Rebels/Legends and Mission Series line than TBS?

I love the articulation and detail of the TBS.  But the price and lack of anything really "new" bores me.

I wish they hit more obscure or EU characters in this line.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 03:51 PM »
I wish they hit more obscure or EU characters in this line.

I think everyone does...

One more sign that we really need Episode 7 to dump some "new, never-before made" characters into the mix...  although it probably won't help the folks tired of resculpts as Hasbro/Disney movie lines tend to be filled with countless main character versions in the first few waves.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 10:48 AM »
more carded pics at starwars-figuren

Part of me is still disappointed that they picked the gray-haired Nimbanel look over the dark hair version (aka Marvel Comics 'Jabba the Hut'; aka "Dechipher Mosep" until he was retconned into being Tawss Khaa ::)).  Kind of a subtle kick in the nuts the same way they messed up Brock Starsher versus Sgt. Doallyn thing.

Close enough, but the nit-picky part of me is kind of annoyed.  Would be pretty easy custom I guess to get the other Nimbanel - just trim up the mustache and paint, chop off the pony tail and smooth out.

Still pretty happy to be getting a new Cantina alien though as those seem to be harder and harder to get these days.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:18 AM by Jeff »

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59 PM »
^Tawss Khaa was always the dark haired one. Dehipher used two different images of it for both of them and left the light haired one unnamed.