Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)  (Read 54518 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2015, 11:39 AM »
Lando's protocol droid. LOL.

Now we have to wait months for more episodes.  :(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 04:07 PM »
I am so glad this show has become good. I'm stoked to see where the Vader/Ahsoka story will go. Did she lie to Ezra and Kanan or did she really not know it was Anakin?

I think Ahsoka either knows or suspects that Vader is Anakin, but is keeping it to herself.  It will be interesting to see that storyline continue.  I don't think we'll see Vader every week now....that conversation with the Emperor at the end seems to have him leaving Lothal for now.  BTW, was that James Earl Jones doing the voice for Vader?  If not, the guy was good!

I like how they went to Lando for help....I thought they were going to go to Vizago.  That was a pleasant surprise!

And yes, Lando's droid was probably the funniest stereotype in Star Wars yet!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19 PM »
"The Siege of Lothal" was definitely something good to get us through the summer.  Seeing Darth Vader in action in this animated series format was great, too.  The space battle was very cool, especially since we really got to see Vader's pilot skills shine as he took out the members of Phoenix squadron at will.  And the light saber fight?  Vader seemed like he was toying with Kanan and Ezra.  But the duel played out pretty well.  And when Vader deflected those blaster shots back at Sabine? That seemed a little intense for a kids show. 

I also think it was awesome that they could get James Earl Jones back to voice Darth Vader.  That really tied things together well.  As for Ahsoka and Vader?  Clearly Vader knows that Ahsoka is with the rebels. Bye said as much during his communication with the Emporer.  And I got the sense from their connection through The Force during the space battle that Ahsoka knew, too.  She seemed very rightly disturbed by the revelation.  She seems to be keeping it to herself for now.  But I think that ultimately the crew of the Ghost might be in serious danger if they continue to work closely with Ahsoka.   

Honorable mention for last night goes to Sam Witwer.  He's stepped in as the voice actor who plays Emporer Palpatine.  And he nailed it!

As for Vader continuing to appear on the series? I think he's probably going to take a step back.  The show runners and much of the audience know that nothing can really happen to Vader. It's a lot like the situation George Lucas was in with the prequels.  Certain notes had to be hit and the previously established  story points of the OT meant that the audience knew certain characters were in danger while others were not.  And that can diminish the impact of the story. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2015, 11:18 PM »
I'm stoked to see where the Vader/Ahsoka story will go. Did she lie to Ezra and Kanan or did she really not know it was Anakin?

I believe it's one of those "from a certain point of view" moments.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 12:44 AM »
Watched it tonight with the kids.  Great show.  Loved all the Ahsoka stuff.  I'll guess she's got suspicions but has to come to terms with it before she's ready to admit Vader = Skyguy. :P

Best part was when the 3.5 year old daughter gasped when Vader showed up at the shuttle port and lit his saber... followed by when one of my nine year olds yelled "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, RUN!" when Ezra/Kanan watched Vader get up from under the debris/explosion.  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 01:36 AM »
I think I almost yelled that too.   :-X

I didn't get to watch till this evening by myself...  Vader made the episode, honestly.  Everything he did, said...  Perfect.  He's cocky, condescending with his subordinates...  That Admiral can't be long for this world, right?  I mean he may attempt to pass the buck on the last part there, but really this guy's gotta be running out of chances with Vader.

The preview shot of him lifting the wrecked walkers and chucking them over his shoulder like a McDonald's hamburger wrapper was awesome. 

Phoenix Squadron was also awesome, and if Hasbro ***** the bed on (at the very least) redecoing the A-Wing to McQuarrie Blue, I'll be annoyed.  Ideally, they'd retool the blasters too, to McQuarrie styled ones.  I'd be content with that and no other mods (the fins bi-secting the engine, etc.).  They HAVE to get off the pot on this one.  I need a McQuarrie A-Wing! :)

Loved the Rebel's fleet by the way.  Small, a cool different Corellian CR design too, which I always had this suspicion (and with some EU help) that there were tons of that "style" out there similar to the YT series ships...  Cool seeing those though.

Also enjoyed immensely that some EU aspects were kept around...  The Imperial Shuttle Trooper compartment featuring the restraint bars from EU (including Force Commander, sorry Matt_Fury! :P) and Imperial Squadrons being designated Greek Alphabet letters (Delta Squad, etc., as in X-Wing and TIE Fighter).  Just was cool they touched on little stuff.

Lando's droid is rockin' too, and I hope we get that as a figure at some point.  Kind of not counting on it, but I'd be down for that one for sure.  Loved those funky colors.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 10:44 PM »
The next episode isn't until September?  WTF?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: October 8, 2015, 12:49 PM »
The rebellion is growing, and the stakes are higher.

:o

I've always enjoyed Rebels, but this new preview makes it look like MUST-SEE TV.  I went from looking forward to watching Rebels with my kids to WANTING to watch Rebels... B-Wings, lost Jedi, Vader & Ahsoka, etc.  Looks fantastic.  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 8, 2015, 01:37 PM »
That is quite a bit jammed into that trailer!  And a fair amount of footage from The Siege of Lothal which we've obviously already seen.

I watched it at first with the sound down... I'm at work.  When I saw that figure with the white hair and the beard?  For a moment I thought that Kanan, Ezra and Chopper were with Obi-Wan Kenobi.  But when I re-watched it and heard Clancy Brown's voice I knew that this wasn't the case. 

It looks like this should be a really good season.  And I'm glad that it looks like they won't be so tied down to Lothal.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 8, 2015, 02:37 PM »
The rebellion is growing, and the stakes are higher.

Looks like they took down whatever you were linking to...   :'(

*edit* - Google helped me find it

Can't wait for Rebels to start back up!
« Last Edit: October 8, 2015, 02:42 PM by Dave »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 8, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Looks like they took down whatever you were linking to...   :'(

Yeah, I guess SW.com jumped the gun a bit when they posted that and scooped their own Rebels panel at NYCC. :P 

They have it up on the Star War sYouTube channel now too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=YfeWNZqVYsE

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 9, 2015, 05:37 PM »
I've been enjoying Rebels with my daughter already, but this new trailer....holy cow. Looks great, and I sort of want a toy of that red b-wing :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 9, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Enjoyed the trailer a lot. Hoping it's no always a TCW cameo of the week thing as that's a rut they could get in easily but some look like fun (Clones). 

I like the concept of hunting out force sensitive kids.  That's from way back in EU so it's neat to see them carry that on.  I'd like to see a little more EU mixed into this series.  They're doing a little bit like the proto AWings and such, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more.

Again I hope they don't get too caught up in TCW ties.  Hondo's cameo was a tad meh.

B-Wing a tad early but again a prototype so who knows.  And still Ackbar-centered which is awesome to see them keep that.  Also think I saw the McQuarrie concept sentient plant in there?  Was to be in the cantina.  Even got back story in west end games, and a miniature figure. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2015, 11:19 AM »
Watched the episode last night, and I was surprisingly underwhelmed. Take the clones out and it was boring, with them in it was a nice nod to a show that met an untimely end, but to have Wolffe be the one to alert the empire to the Rebels location and to then have him apologize right away seemed a bit too neat, even for a 30 min show. I suspect if they would have had an hour premier that got to expand upon the clones day to day life since the CW a bit it or give some sort of action for Hera, that could have helped. I need more space battles and fighting, not fishing and shooting one probe droid.

I gave the episode a B for the graphics and the return of Rex. I hope it gets better next week. Also, after next week there is one more episode and then it’s off for another month.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2015, 02:24 PM »
I gave the episode a B for the graphics and the return of Rex. I hope it gets better next week. Also, after next week there is one more episode and then it’s off for another month.  :-\

Sounds like Hasbro's release schedule.  Release some here and there, then wait 6 months.