Author Topic: Celebration Anaheim 2015  (Read 18055 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration Anaheim 2015
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 11:20 AM »

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro booth pictures of 6" line
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 03:51 PM »
I'm just glad that Wampa set has not been canceled. I still think it's a bad idea not to pack that in with the TaunTaun set. That speeder bike is DOA now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Rebelscum is saying the Jabba in the upcoming TRU Rancor pit is confirmed as all new

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Wolfpack Podcast interviewed Jeff Labovitz and another member of the Hasbro marketing team at SWCA.  Lots and lots of "Maybe.  That might be cool."  Or "We can't really talk about that much of Fall '15 right now".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Saw that and it's understandable that they can't comment on much.  I was surprised to hear there's more Rebels figures coming and also in 6" form.

As for the hint on the Walgreens exclusive 6" figure.  Some are saying The Emperor with lightning effects, but the Hasbro guy hinted Force Choke.. Perhaps it's Throne Room Battle Vader since he's pretty much the only person that does it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 07:23 PM »
I would think Palpatine, personally.  The first Walgreens exclusive was a variation on a previously released figure:  Boba Fett.  Considering that Palpatine is on the way in the 6" basic figure line I can kind of understand an exclusive Force Lightning version for Walgreens.  Especially in light of the fact that the Walgreens toy buyer tweeted an image of lightning when someone asked him a direct question about the 2015 exclusive.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 08:57 PM »
I totally understand that Hasbro's hands are tied a bit about the Force Awakens stuff, but just reading some of the Q and A's (from Toy Fair and Celebration now), they just seem so reluctant to say anything - absolutely anything, about anything Fall 2015 and beyond.  It is almost like they can't even admit there will be Star Wars toys at all with how tight-lipped they are.  It does get a little annoying that they can't at least give a look at the future of what the line will be, even beyond the movie/"new media" stuff.  Will we still be getting articulated figures in the 3 3/4" scale?  Will we see anything from the other movies during the big Force Awakens push?  We get that you can't talk about the new movie stuff, but you can still act like there is a future for the rest of the line.  I know they don't have a panel here, but I'm hoping they show a couple of new things (besides the Ahsoka prototype, which looks very cool).

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54 PM »
I would think Palpatine, personally.  The first Walgreens exclusive was a variation on a previously released figure:  Boba Fett.  Considering that Palpatine is on the way in the 6" basic figure line I can kind of understand an exclusive Force Lightning version for Walgreens.  Especially in light of the fact that the Walgreens toy buyer tweeted an image of lightning when someone asked him a direct question about the 2015 exclusive.

I guess what made me think of Vader is that he is the one that does the Force Choking.  Luke is the only other person in the movies that does it and Force Choke was the hint that the Hasbro rep made (not Jeff L).  Vader would be a variant, too, since Vader has also been released and the could add the lightning, see-through helmet and amputated wrist.  But since I listed the different parts, I can see why it probably wouldn't be Vader since Fett was a re-paint.  The Emperor would be cheaper since there wouldn't be retooling involved (just adding some lightning in the package).  But that Vader would be cool and welcomed by me.

The only thing about the exclusive Emperor is that if the only difference is the inclusion of Force Lightning, I would most likely wait for that version and skip the regular retail release... and I'm sure I'm not the only one with such sentiments.

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 03:01 AM »
[GNT] . [/GNT]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:21 AM by Spirit of MAC »
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 10:57 AM »
That's some Sandtroopers-level stuff right there.

Bravo.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Matt you still got it!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Honestly, all I care about is if they will be doing articulated 3.75" or if 5POA is it?  Besides that, there isn't much anything I would even want to ask.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 05:46 AM »
That's some Sandtroopers-level stuff right there.

Bravo.

Yeah, I was pretty much expecting that, though I thought it might just be at the other place.  I've deleted my post so as not to upset/excite/fuel anyone else.  You're right though, I should've just PM'd that preliminary fussy stuff to the folks who asked me to fill 'em in on my Hasbro chat(s) at C7 this weekend, rather than posting it publicly, especially after throwing a few back after the con last night.  I attribute it to 5 years of bottled up convention angst towards Hasbro, and forgetting that I don't "report" this stuff for JD anymore, and that it doesn't matter that I've had a different (actual) relationship with many of the Hasbro reps in the past.  I was just popping back in here again to mention the specific details of the rest of our chats, along with other info from talking with Disney about their droids, and from Hot Wheels (the new MicroMachine/Action Fleet company), and even a little GG, but I'll shut up with my incessant (and redundantly whiny) yapping.  If you hadn't noticed, I've always sucked at complacency.  I sometimes forget that it's supposed to be embarrassing to act like we actually care about any of this stuff here on a Star Wars toy forum - aside from articulation, of course.  That always gets a free pass.  Plus, I don't want to fall into a tie for last-place on the depth charts.

Apologies for the fright!  I shall return to my carbon-freeze hibernation mode.  Probably safer for all that way...  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:03 AM by Spirit of MAC »
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 07:41 AM »
[GNT] . [/GNT]

Oh, no!  Spice would've been proud of you!

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Why delete?  I thought it was funny and felt like old times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77