Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Car found after 45 years

(1/21) > >>

Phrubruh:
The day I was born, my dad when out and bought a '67 Shelby Cobra. He figured my mom was occupied at the moment giving birth and could say no to it. He bought it to work on it and to race it. My first car ride was in that car. About ten months later the car was stolen from our locked garage in board day light. My dad only put on 700 miles in that time since it was always in the shop.

Last month, my dad was at South Coast Corvette talking to the owner of the shop about that Cobra he had 45 years ago. He told him that he had still had the title, registration, vin number and lots of documentation on the car. They decided to look the car up in the Cobra registry just for fun. It turned out the car was in there!!! It seems the car was Carmel, California. The owner of South Coast Corvette has been friends with my dad for almost fifty years and said he would help get the car back. They hired a private investigator to go find the car.

Today, the PI gave my dad a call and said he found the car and will be picking it up next week and bringing it back to the police. We can then pick it up in LA. The story is still unfolding.

My dad and me

Jesse James:
That's awesome...  I hope it's in decent shape when you get it back Paul.

I Am Sith:
Awesome story!  Best of luck, I hope that everything works out and it's in mint condition when you get it.

GrandMoffNick:
So cool! I a not a car person at all. I didn't own one until I owned "half" my wife's after we got married, BUT the vintage Cobras have always been a car to get me drooling. Awesome.

BillCable:
Wow - that's just ridiculous.  That's a million dollar car these days!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version