Author Topic: Spider-Man Joins the Marvel Movie Universe  (Read 49371 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Spider-Man Joins the Marvel Movie Universe
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2017, 01:16 PM »
I read somewhere that they ended up destroying 7 or 8 of those Death Stars during filming. That's a lot of cash at $500 each!

Product placement. They were probably free. However, I would have loved being on the team that built them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2017, 09:35 AM »
The production budget of SM:H was $175 million.  They blew up cars and ****.  $3500 in LEGO Death Stars is a rounding error on a project like this.   ;)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 1, 2017, 02:59 PM »
I read somewhere that they ended up destroying 7 or 8 of those Death Stars during filming. That's a lot of cash at $500 each!

Legos are like matter - they can never be destroyed, just separated into smaller bits.  I'm more surprised that they had to build 8 of those suckers, as they take forever.   The instructions for the set are spiral bound.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 2, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Okay, okay, for us poor folk who do not get free stuff from Disney, that's a lot of cash. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2019, 10:51 AM »
...so we are gonna pretend that the snap didn't happen? 

https://youtu.be/VUFmhKpZKlE
Looks good.  I think this will follow a similar plot to the original Incredibles film.  Mysterio creates these menaces/disasters s he can save the day and become a famous hero.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2019, 12:33 PM »
...so we are gonna pretend that the snap didn't happen? 

I'm thinking this probably takes place before the events of Infinity War.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2019, 12:58 PM »
Sony's president said a while back that this film picks up right where A:EG ends.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2019, 03:36 PM »
Thanks for posting the trailer!  Looks great. 

Spidey's return really shouldn't be a shock to anyone.  Both he and the Guardians had planned sequels when Infinity War hit, so you knew these characters would be back. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Really, really looking forward to this. Mysterio is one of my favorite Spidey villains, and it is really cool to see they are sticking pretty closely to his classic look here. I'm pretty sure Kevin Fiege himself has officially confirmed that this is after Avengers: Endgame, which I guess is a spoiler but shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Black Panther will have more movies as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 2, 2019, 09:47 PM »
Went to Spider-Man: Far From Home today, and absolutely loved it. I'll admit, I'm an easy mark for a Spidey movie, but this may be one of my all time favorite movies, particularly superhero movies. Very comic booky in places, which I loved, and just a fun ride. I won't go into spoilers here, but obviously stay through the credits. Definitely some surprises there.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #85 on: July 5, 2019, 11:47 PM »
Caught Far From Home today and loved it.  I still have problems with Zendaya's MJ, but I've always been partial to the MJ from the comics...she's sucha complex character.

Definitely need to stay through the credits for the last stinger!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Saw FFH this past weekend. Fun little movie, didn't fall in love with it, probably ranking it somewhere in the mid-tier of the MCU. I do love this version of Peter and I'll be sad when Sony gets the rights back and scraps this version to do their overcomplicated Sinister Six garbage.

And yes, stay for at least the mid-credits scene! I was not expecting that!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2019, 12:24 PM »
Sony would be stupid to take Spider-Man out of the MCU.

Venom was not a good movie and the sequel is going to bomb.  Into the Spider-verse was good, but the pedestal some people are putting it on is a bit too high.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2019, 01:13 PM »
Sony would be stupid to take Spider-Man out of the MCU.

Yes, Sony would be stupid to take Spider-Man out of the MCU and that's why they're not going to do it.

All of the talk this week about what can happen with the sharing arrangement, blah blah blah. At the end of the day, Spider-Man: Far From Home is approaching $850M worldwide and internationally, without taking into account inflation, it's the highest grossing Spider-man movie to date.

Sony knows that the reason it's doing this well is because it's connected to the MCU. People are coming to the theater to see it to see how it connects and continues to the MCU story.

Personally, I think Venom did well because people were hoping for a Deadpool-like take on the Venom character (which they only sorta got) and they thought it was tied to the MCU (and may have been surprised to learn it wasn't). I think Matt is right, there will be a lot of folks who basically stay away from the sequel to Venom because they will know that Spider-man won't be in it and it's not tied to the MCU narrative.

Quite frankly, the team at Sony should be going to Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige and saying that they want to put up the $$$ to have at least one movie a year, hand over creative control and let Marvel Studios go wild. There is still a way, before any other Venom-verse (or Sony-verse or whatever they're calling it) movies come out that they can "fix" things. You could always just say that the events of Venom took place mid-way through the blip, people in San Francisco were trying to move on and Carlton Drake, an Elon Musk-like billionaire was running his own space exploration program out of the Life Foundation. He didn't come up on the Avengers radar and Tony Stark who would normally snoop around in the business of other tech geniuses was busy on his farm with Pepper and Morgan.

I think most fans would welcome this, it would strengthen the franchises on both sides because it would allow Marvel Studios/Feige to FREELY incorporate Spidey villains into the MCU.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Far From Home was enjoyable, but MJ's schtick gets old and I'm getting old. I don't care much for teenage bull**** awkwardness. And almost every significant character in the movie is comical, more so than Homecoming. I suppose that's better than the over-serious Garfield era Spider-Man movies. (Never having seen all of ASM2).

The tie-ins to MCU are the best thing current Spider-Man movies have going and I'm not even a MCU purist really.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:06 PM by Scockery »