Author Topic: 2013 Droid Factory = NOT Dead in 2015?  (Read 38516 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2013 Droid Factory = NOT Dead in 2015?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 10:19 PM »
They're here as well, and hoogah, expensive if what I heard is correct.  :o

Yeah, price seems to be $20 each...  even if I still needed any of these figures, I still might not buy at that price.  Lucky I have them all I guess. :P

And yeah, that guy who paid $7k on eBay - that's just really bad timing.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 02:20 PM »
Can't say I feel bad for a guy spending $7k on a modern anything really...  This kinda poop happens.

Yeah, got the news on price and just laughed...  $20/per.  I knew that store was pricey but yeesh.  I almost thought it was mislabeled, but nope.  There are two reseller stores in the mall that had these, and the figures are still there.  Testament to how priced out they are.

Weird though that they surfaced at all.  Just odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 10:07 AM »
In case you absolutely need these the complete case is available online
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 10:12 AM »
$230 for that case?  It's novel that these cancelled figures are seeing the light of day, but they aren't $230 novel.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:13 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 10:15 AM »
$230 for that case?  It's novel that these cancelled figures are seeing the light of day, but they aren't $230 novel.

True, a store in the UK is selling them for £8 each.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 10:21 AM »
In case you absolutely need these the complete case is available online

Nice opportunity for those carded figure collectors who want [need?] them...   pretty much a pass for everyone else I imagine.

At least the site says they have a free shipping promo going on today (promo code FREE15), so that helps a little.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 10:40 AM »

True, a store in the UK is selling them for £8 each.

At that price it appears to be a little more manageable.  With current exchange rates one British Pound costs $1.55.  So right there your cost per figure is $12.40 ish.  You may wind up incurring some exchange rate fees.  I don't know if there would be any additional taxes, and then shipping costs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Isn't it really random that a calendar store would get a shipment of these things? How did that deal come down?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 08:53 PM »
Go! also sells toys and other stuff...  Some are strictly calendars only though from what I've seen, and pop up at holidays I think.  But like the one at my local mall is a toy store more than a calendar store, actually.  They have SW figures as far back as TVC cardbacks and some Funko stuff, Legos, etc.  Prices blow.  They make KB look like bargain basement.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 11:45 PM »
Nice opportunity for those carded figure collectors who want [need?] them...   pretty much a pass for everyone else I imagine.

At least the site says they have a free shipping promo going on today (promo code FREE15), so that helps a little.

I'm still a carded collector and these have ZERO interest to me. Perhaps it's collector fatigue, but I'd much rather put that $230 towards another 20 Disney build-a-droids for my collection instead of twelve carded variants of figures I already have.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 04:48 PM »

I'm still a carded collector and these have ZERO interest to me. Perhaps it's collector fatigue, but I'd much rather put that $230 towards another 20 Disney build-a-droids for my collection instead of twelve carded variants of figures I already have.

+1  Every time I see a new post about these I get a little excited to go get them because they're carded and rare, and I haven't bought much star wars in what seems like forever.  But then I look at them and just have no interest.  The Amazon set was so crazy cheap in comparison - I think I already have 3 or 4 of those, so $230 for 6 repacks on new cards just isn't compelling enough. I'd rather do the Disney custom figure thing for half the price.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55 PM »
I'm kind of in awe that some sites are gushing about these and how "cool" they are...  Weren't the figures on the TBS cards cool though?  And we got the BAD's, soooooo...  I don't get it?  ???

If you're that bonered up about the cardback I suppose, but it's nothing that special so I'm kinda confused why anyone would praise a $20 basic figure, at all.  :-\  Not to mention most of these were repaints.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 09:00 PM »
I don't condone buying these at all or supporting the ridiculous price set by go calendar. These are obviously strictly for the most diehard completionists. The only reason I bought them is for archiving purposes and to show the distinct differences between these and the ones released by Amazon.com. It's baffling how Hasbro would redesigned/repackage and reconfigure some of these just for the online sales. It would've made a hell of a lot more sense to just released the entire wave as an Amazon exclusive.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:54 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12 PM »
I get the archiving thing Jayson, it is what it is...  To be complete, all that.  And I even understand if a carded guy wanted these because everyone collects differently, and completeness means a lot (even more so to carded guys in my experience).  But I can't see even a carded guy assigning them any kind of "praise" I guess, is what I'm saying.  They'd be a horse pill someone had to choke down for the sake of completeness...  Or in your case, the sake of the site.  You'd have to really REALLY be into that cardback to try convincing people the purchase you made was a wise one if it weren't more a "necessity", ya know?

If anything, I think praising them at the $20 price is kind of like saying, "I accept $20 for repaints/repacks as a great idea!", which seems like a bad stance to take.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 11:15 PM »

If anything, I think praising them at the $20 price is kind of like saying, "I accept $20 for repaints/repacks as a great idea!", which seems like a bad stance to take.

JJ, that's the biggest issue I see with this, as well as the overall increase in prices for figures. An acceptance of high prices for low quality or things we have seen before. People ******** themselves over these  figures is nuts, why would anyone want to pay $20 for yet another clone repaint or flaky battle droid?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot