Author Topic: 2015 SDCC Marvel Legends Doctor Strange Box Set  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2015 SDCC Marvel Legends Doctor Strange Box Set
« on: June 4, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Doctor Strange comes to Comic-Con

$99.99 5-pack:
- Astral Form Doctor Strange
- Brother VooDoo
- Magik
- Hela
- Dormammu

Box is designed to look like Book of Vishanti and includes a role-play Eye of Agamotto.  And yes, limited quantity available at HasbroToyShop after the show.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 03:23 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2015 SDCC Marvel Legends Doctor Strange Box Set
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Looks pretty cool. Wonder when they will announce the SW exclusives.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Pretty neat set, and not one I'd necessarily expect them to put out. Nice to get a bit of the mystical realm too, hopefully I'll be able to get one online after. I didn't have much luck the past couple years. So much Legends goodness this year, it is sort of unbelievable how far this line has come since Hasbro first took it over and stumbled a bit out of the gate. They seem to be mostly firing on all cylinders anymore.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 05:29 PM »
Argh.  Last year the Thanos set was impossible to get and all I wanted was Starfox.  This year all I want is Magik.  Stupid multipack exclusives.  If anyone by chance wants all the figures except Magik, please let me know and I'd be happy to offset the cost.

**EDIT - I'd be game for Hela too if anyone just wants the other three.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:30 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:27 AM »
Argh.  Last year the Thanos set was impossible to get and all I wanted was Starfox. 

Starfox wasn't in last year's set.  Starlord was however.

I'm all over this set, looks great. Four new characters plus an astral Strange that's going to look cool displayed floating behind the new Strange while meditating.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:45 AM »
Starfox wasn't in last year's set.  Starlord was however.

It's still just 2015 right now, right?

2014 SDCC Infinity Gauntlet Exclusive
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:22 AM »
That isn't a Marvel Legends set, though.  Why the hell would I think you were talking about that set when we're in a Marvel Legends thread?

I was talking about this set

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 01:39 PM »
That isn't a Marvel Legends set, though.  Why the hell would I think you were talking about that set when we're in a Marvel Legends thread?

I don't know - maybe just a reading/comprehension problem?  Here's what I wrote:

Argh.  Last year the Thanos set was impossible to get and all I wanted was Starfox.

I didn't say it was a Legends set, just identifying with another SDCC Exclusive multipack where I didn't want the whole set.  Clearly your mistake, but I'll forgive you just this once.   ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Clearly my fault.  The Thanos Imperative had Starlord (whom I thought you mistaken for Starfox as they're similar in name), was last year's SDCC exclusive, we're in a 6" scale thread and the 3 ¾" figures aren't something I collect, so logically I assumed you were talking about the Imperative set.

And **** off with your condescending attitude.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Damn, who peed in your cheerios?  Maybe don't be so quick to jump on someone for a possible mistake and you'll live a happier life.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 02:23 PM »
I legit forgot about that Infinity Gauntlet set, because like I said, I don't collect that line and was wondering what you were talking about.  Maybe if you weren't such a condescending dickhole with your responses, first this (which I'm still trying to figure out what you're trying to say):

It's still just 2015 right now, right?

followed by

I don't know - maybe just a reading/comprehension problem?  Here's what I wrote:

I didn't say it was a Legends set, just identifying with another SDCC Exclusive multipack where I didn't want the whole set.  Clearly your mistake, but I'll forgive you just this once.   ;)

I would have been be a bit nicer in my responses.  But since I don't feel you've earned that level of respect from me, I figured I'd be a condescending ******* too.

Damn, who peed in your cheerios?  Maybe don't be so quick to jump on someone for a possible mistake and you'll live a happier life.

I eat Life for breakfast and my life is great, but thanks for the advice.

I'm done talking about this, but feel free to write one of your ass long diatribes you're so well known for if you makes you feel any better.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 06:54 PM »
You're hilarious.  You were quick to say I had the wrong name, then when I posted the set I was talking about, you posted this. 

You can't even write a response without saying hell or **** or Dickhole, so you've clearly got issues beyond whatever's going on in this thread.  Best of luck to you.

*drops the mic*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Got my two sets after stressing out a bit because of the slowness of the site.  I didn't want the X-Force set from a few years back, but this continues my streak of getting the SDCC exclusives fairly easily.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 02:57 PM »
I tried and failed again this year. Was hoping to pick up this and the First Order trooper, but both were gone too quickly. Honestly this set was my top priority since we should at least get another crack at that trooper. I'll have to keep checking over the next week or so, fingers crossed

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 05:13 PM »
I tried and failed again this year. Was hoping to pick up this and the First Order trooper, but both were gone too quickly. Honestly this set was my top priority since we should at least get another crack at that trooper. I'll have to keep checking over the next week or so, fingers crossed

+1  I snagged the Ant Man set and Transformers Kreo easily, but these two went quick.  Can we order two?  If I luck into finding it online and can get more than one I'll order a spare for you Brian.  Like you said, stinks that this is the only place to get these figures.