Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 166501 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Solo (SPOILERS)
« on: July 7, 2015, 04:17 PM »
'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff In the Works With 'Lego Movie' Directors (Exclusive)

The LEGO movie guys?  Hmmm...  I guess you can start adding #ChrisPrattforHanSolo to all those #ChrisPrattforIndy tweets, internet!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:20 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: July 7, 2015, 04:21 PM »
And, just minutes after Hollywood Reporter story goes up, SW.com makes it official!

Christopher Miller and Phil Lord to Helm Han Solo Anthology Film

"The screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan. The story focuses on how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley."

Planned for 5/25/2018.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2015, 04:33 PM by Jeff »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 7, 2015, 04:42 PM »
I love the idea, but dread the thought of the eventual casting. Chris Pratt is terrific, but he's kinda Chris Pratt in all his movies. I think they could do well with a newbie in this role.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 7, 2015, 04:45 PM »
There are definitely some very big casting shoes to fill with this project.  I mean, who wants to follow Harrison Ford in this role?  And thinking about the timing of this news?  It's seriously got me wondering if there's going to be a casting announcement this Friday at the SDCC Star Wars panel.

There are also a couple of things that I'd really like to see in this project, but I also don't want to have Chris Miller and Phil Lord painted into a corner.
-How Han Solo earns the life debt from Chewbacca
-Han winning the Millenium Falcon from Lando in the Sabacc game
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2015, 04:49 PM »
I mean I loved The LEGO Movie and all but these articles make it sound like this will be a comedy. Or am I the only one getting that vibe?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 7, 2015, 04:58 PM »
I'd be fine with Pratt Solo in an early film as he's one of the few guys that can match that kind of authentic macho charisma on screen.  But isn't he a little old to play "young Han Solo?"  How about Minnesota's own Garrett Hedlund?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 7, 2015, 05:08 PM »
There was a rumor last year about Aaron Paul being in contention for a Han Solo anthology project role.  But I think if that was happening we might have heard something official about that in this news posting.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2015, 05:08 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 7, 2015, 05:22 PM »
I mean I loved The LEGO Movie and all but these articles make it sound like this will be a comedy. Or am I the only one getting that vibe?

Not getting a "comedy" vibe, but given the movies these guys make, I can imagine it will have plenty of "fun" in it...  or at least I'm hoping it's not 23 Jump Street staring Han and Chewie (now I'll have to go back and re-watch the closing credits of 22 Jump Street to see if there was a Star Wars parody in there :P).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 7, 2015, 06:03 PM »
Yeah I'm open to any actor in the general possible realm here, aside from LeBooooof...  But Pratt included.  I don't know how he'll work out but at this point I don't know how any of these movies will work out so whatever.  I hope it's good.  And if it isn't I hope they put the lid on the idea and move on from it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: July 7, 2015, 07:32 PM »
I'd like to see how Charlie Cox from Daredevil would be as Han. He's the right age, a little short maybe, but as intense he can be on DD I think he could pull it off. Pratt does nothing for me, maybe as Indy, but not Han.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 7, 2015, 07:56 PM »
There are also a couple of things that I'd really like to see in this project, but I also don't want to have Chris Miller and Phil Lord painted into a corner.
-How Han Solo earns the life debt from Chewbacca
-Han winning the Millenium Falcon from Lando in the Sabacc game

Wasn't Han supposedly in the Imperial Academy (and that's where he rescues Chewie)?  I thought I read that somewhere a long time ago... I could be wrong.  Han as a disgruntled Imperial would be interesting, but I'm up for a good story over anything else.

I'm sure we'll see Jabba or hear him referenced.  Bounty Hunters... it'd be nice to see Greedo, the Executor Six (as long as Fett isn't overused), but it'd be cool to see Cad Bane or Embo in there.  Let's throw in some Tonnika Sisters (or however Disney wants to call them) so we can get their figures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 8, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Han being in the Imperial Academy is something that has been fodder for the EU but never made it into the films.  I'm not sure if the life debt got mentioned in the OT, but it was certainly implied.  But the Lando story about the Falcon is canon from TESB.

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: July 8, 2015, 09:32 AM »
I really like the idea of these anthology films fleshing out the time between Episodes III and IV, there is a good 30 years of stuff that is missing from the timeline. 

A couple of thoughts I had that they could touch on including what Nick was saying: Bounty Hunters (Fett, Dengar, Bossk), Solo's Wife  ::), Jabba Jabba Jabba Jabba...come on we need more Jabba in SW

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 8, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Han being in the Imperial Academy is something that has been fodder for the EU but never made it into the films.  I'm not sure if the life debt got mentioned in the OT, but it was certainly implied.  But the Lando story about the Falcon is canon from TESB.

1. No, I believe Han being in the Academy was from the early books before EU really heated up in the 90s.  Still, it's probably considered Legacy at this point.
2. The life debt was also an EU thing. 

But as I said, I don't care what they do as long as it's a good story.

I forgot to mention about Solo's Wife that was recently revealed in the comics.  I'm not reading the comics, so it would be interesting if that would be included in the films and how that plays with Han's relationship with Leia.  But I would prefer not to have a love triangle or really a love interest in the movies.  Let it be an adventure film.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 8, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Yeah, I think that aside from the bet between Han and Lando for the Falcon, everything else falls into that Legends category.  Although the relationship between Han and Chewbacca is something that seems very worthy of exploring if you're going to make a movie about a young Han Solo.

And then there's this graphic that got leaked this morning that revealed the working title of FETT/SOLO - Anthology.  So will we wind up with Temuera Morrison stepping in to play Boba Fett if this is legit?

****EDIT - Info is surfacing that this graphic may be bogus.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2015, 11:43 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback