Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 167114 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Apparently they have also posted some of the Young Han Solo audition tapes.  I feel better about the actor they went with now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Hello, what have we here?

Why, it's Donald Glover, who has been cast as the young version of Lando Calrissian in the upcoming Han Solo Anthology film!

Films // OCTOBER 21, 2016

Donald Glover Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in Upcoming Han Solo Star Wars Stand-Alone Film

The smooth-talking smuggler is coming back to the big screen.

Hello, what have we here?

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Daenarys also has a role according to starwars.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Hmmm.  I wonder if Emilia Clarke's character might have something to do with this line from TESB:

HAN: (to Chewie) Well, that was a long time ago. I'm sure he's forgotten about that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:32 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2017, 04:39 PM »
I love Woody Harrelson but I don't think he's a good fit for a SW movie. ive got a bad feeling about this film.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2017, 09:31 PM »
As a cocky mentor to a cocky hotshot smuggler/pilot?  I think he'll fit right in. I just keep thinking of his character from Zombieland. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Yeah, this is going to be fun.  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 11:42 PM »
I like a lot of what Woody Harrelson has been doing over his career.  His role on True Detective alone was fantastic.  I'm interested to see what he's going to bring to this project.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2017, 09:21 AM »
I agree.  I think he's come along way from the Cheers bartender.  My only reservation is that I prefer most characters to be somewhat unknown, so I don't bring some notion of a previous character to what I see in SW. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2017, 10:13 AM »
As posted by co-director Chris Miller on Twitter, principle photography on the Han Solo standalone film has begun.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2017, 12:26 PM »
HAN SOLO – SMUGGLER. SCOUNDREL. HERO. A NEW STAR WARS STORY BEGINS

STRAP YOURSELF IN. PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THE UNTITLED HAN SOLO STAR WARS STORY IS UNDER WAY.
Cameras are rolling on the adventure-filled past of the iconic scoundrel and everyone’s favorite Wookiee; principal photography on the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story officially began February 20 at Pinewood Studios, London.

The movie will explore the duo’s adventures before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, including their early encounters with that other card-playing rogue from a galaxy far, far away, Lando Calrissian.

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are directors co-piloting the movie, with a cast that includes Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Thandie Newton, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, with Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.

“Watching such inspired people from all over the world, with such unique voices, come together for the sole purpose of making art, is nothing short of miraculous,” Lord and Miller said. “We can’t think of anything funny to say, because we just feel really moved, and really lucky.”

Written by Lawrence and Jon Kasdan, it will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur, Simon Emanuel, and co-produced by Kiri Hart, Susan Towner, and Will Allegra. Lawrence Kasdan and Jason McGatlin will executive produce.

Crewing the ship will be some of the industry’s top talent, including Academy Award nominee for his work on Arrival, Bradford Young (Director of Photography), Chris Dickens (Editor), Dominic Tuohy (SFX Supervisor), Rob Bredow (VFX Supervisor) and Brad Allan (Action Designer).

They will be joining returning Star Wars veteran crew members Neal Scanlan (Creature & Droid FX Creative Supervisor), Neil Lamont (Production Designer), Dave Crossman and Glyn Dillon (Co-Costume Designers), Jamie Wilkinson (Prop Master), Lisa Tomblin (Hair), Amanda Knight (Make-Up) and Nina Gold (UK Casting Director).

The untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story is slated for release on May 25, 2018.

Punch it.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

STAR WARS RETURNS TO MAY THEATRICAL RELEASES!

The untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story is slated for release on May 25, 2018.

Unfortunately, it looks like Peter Mayhew will not be along for the ride this time.   :(

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Disney chief reveals new details on upcoming Star Wars films

As for the young Han Solo movie, Iger revealed that the film will follow Alden Ehrenreich's smuggler hero all the way through his late teenage years and into his twenties. It's an origin story that will include Han and Chewbacca's very first meeting:

"Han Solo movie will follow him from age 18 through 24 and show him finding the Falcon, meeting Chewbacca, and getting his name, Iger says" -@benfritz

That time scale represents a departure for a Star Wars film; except for that brief prologue in Rogue One, none of the previous movies have covered more than a few days or weeks of action.

The "getting his name" part is a jaw-dropper, too. So far as we've always known, Han Solo is the smuggler's given name. And lest you think this is a misreported quote, Variety confirmed what Iger said: "You’ll also discover how he got his name."

How he got his name? 

Please, please, please don't ruin Han Solo, Disney.  Please don't make him give himself the last name Solo because he wants/likes to be alone or some crap.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Hopefully the answer winds up being "he was born with it" and Iger is just trying to incite nerdrage here
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Hans Olo
Han Kenobi
Han Dodonna
Han Palpatine
Han Madine
Han Snoke
Han Rieekan
Han McQuarrie
Han Tarkin

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2017, 06:03 PM »
I'm downgrading my cautious optimism to 'We survived TPM and we'll survive this.'

I don't know. I don't care for any of this, really. The mystery of these characters is part of their appeal. I think a Han Solo movie where he's just having adventures and we get scraps of info about his past is really all I need.