Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 166523 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #105 on: November 1, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Ron Howard Reshot Nearly all of Solo for twice the budget.

If this films flop they'll put a price on Ron's head so big that he won't be able to film a youtube reaction video.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2017, 03:04 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #106 on: November 1, 2017, 04:15 PM »
I highly doubt the film will flop.

Doesn't mean I'm super excited to see it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Our local theater has the promotional poster for Solo: A Star Wars Story and it says opening May 25th.

So they aren’t pushing it back to December?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2017, 12:27 PM »
I saw some reports that the supposedly "leaked" promo art was bogus.  Hmmm...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2017, 03:11 PM »
I'm more excited to see this anthology movies than the trilogy stuff. The whole Star Wars thing every year takes the specialness away from it. At least we can get new original stories this way. Of course the neck beard fan boys will hate it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2017, 05:23 PM »
We are still using Neck Beard as the description for fanboys we think we are better than? (I always picture that Jon Tron guy) What was the neck beard consensus on these recent three movies? I was never sure.  There was general audience love for Force Awakens, fanboy split. Then Rogue One seemed to be a fanboy split, general audience mixed reactions (including it was boring...). Now The Last Jedi is the same as Rogue One on a larger scale...with some denying that there's general audience dissatisfaction with the film. All the negativity is a small group of bitter fanboys! (I don't think so...)

At the Last Jedi showing there was a local Silent Bob wannabe looking guy there. Why are you wearing a backwards cap in subzero weather...to go see a movie?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:24 PM by Scockery »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Not sure of everyone's "spoiler" level, so I'll put this in here to be safe:

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS FOR SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY REVEALED @ StarWars.com

Here’s where the fun begins.

The official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story was revealed today, offering some new details on the upcoming film. Read it below:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

While not much else is known about the film, director Ron Howard has documented his experience making Solo: A Star Wars Story on Twitter and Instagram throughout production — with everything from set photos to shots of his morning coffee. StarWars.com has compiled all of his updates in one post, which you can view here.

Solo: A Star Wars Story is slated for release on May 25, 2018.

I've read it twice and I'm not sure what "new details" they think are in there... since Chewbacca, the Falcon, and Lando and the rest were pretty common knowledge I thought?  :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:07 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 03:38 PM »
I shouldn't have looked. Movie ruined. All-new adventure?  I was expecting a clip show.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:38 PM by Scockery »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 03:46 PM »
The militant Legends fans are going to lose their minds.

What I expected to see in this movie is pretty much in the synopsis.  How Han and Chewie meet and how Han wins the Falcon from Lando.

In the old EU, we had the whole concept of the life debt as Han saved Chewie from Imperial slavery.  I doubt they are going to go that route, and I really won't be surprised if they dump the whole life debt concept.

I would hope to see the Kessel run to tie this into ANH a bit and how Han came into debt with Jabba.

I really don't have the highest of expectations for this one.  I do hope it gets pushed back to December.  I think it has a better chance than it would in May.  I can't understand why Disney didn't put it there in the first place.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 05:01 PM »
I was always under the impression the debt to Janna was recent and this seems quite distant from ANH...  but I mean yeah none of that seems like it is earth shattering.  I’m fine with this either way.  If it sucks I’ll ignore it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2018, 06:19 PM »
I hope meeting Chewie, meeting Lando, winning the Falcon, the Kessell Run, and all that Legacy lore is a minor point to the movie or at least handled in a way where it doesn't feel like they're just checking all the boxes.  I don't want to see 120 minutes of Han history neatly explained when they could devote all 120 minutes to crafting a fun story.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04 PM »
Did anyone else see the the leaked LEGO sets for Solo? The Falcon is completely different, which I guess plays into Han's "special modifications" line. And the name for Emilia Clarke's character is Qi'Ra (taken from Kira, the initial name for Rey). And there's probably something involving Han at the Imperial Academy since the TIE Fighter includes Han in an officer suit.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2018, 10:49 AM »
I hope meeting Chewie, meeting Lando, winning the Falcon, the Kessell Run, and all that Legacy lore is a minor point to the movie or at least handled in a way where it doesn't feel like they're just checking all the boxes.  I don't want to see 120 minutes of Han history neatly explained when they could devote all 120 minutes to crafting a fun story.

I agree 100% with this. The last ten minutes of Rogue One was a blast, but it felt sort of pertinent to the story and how it dovetails into the original film. Solo does not need that, and too much of it will hurt the movie (sort of how the C-3PO/R2-D2 cameo in Rogue took me right out of what was happening.)

And don't forget they will also feel the need to:
  • set up the personal beef with Greedo
  • set up the personal beef with Boba Fett
  • explain the training remote and blast shield helmet onboard the MF
  • meet a gundark (and have Chewie pull its ears off?)
  • flirt with a career as a nerfherder before going to the Imperial Academy
  • make a witty "Han shot first" reference
  • explain the golden dice from TLJ

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Since when is there a personal beef with Fett? But, yeah, that's just what some writer would read into it, something that isn't there.

I thought the training remote was Kenobi's. The helmet is just a helmet.

The Red Letter Media guys did a video last year of all the bad Han Solo story ideas they could think of.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34 PM »
There are rumblings that Disney may have screened some of "SOLO" for select viewers in Europe.  It sounds promising so far.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback