Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 166522 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #135 on: February 5, 2018, 04:44 PM »
I'm still not sold on this new Solo guy, but I like everything else in the teaser and trailer.

Agree with you completely Jeff.  The visuals seem to be top rate and I'm sure it's going to be a fun, action-packed story.  But to me the success of this film is going to fall on them selling him as Han and the audience's acceptance of that.  If they fall short and his performance is flat or off the mark, I don't see the other aspects being able to save this film.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 5, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Wonder if this will have Dengar in it?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 5, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Who knows?  Maybe he's the guy on the speeder bike that gets taken out?

Another point of interest?  The dice turn up again.  This time hanging from the roll cage of Han's landspeeder.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #138 on: February 5, 2018, 05:51 PM »
I like how grungy this looks.

Except for the Falcon.  Never thought it was ever that clean.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 5, 2018, 06:01 PM »
I like how grungy this looks.

Except for the Falcon.  Never thought it was ever that clean.

I'm betting the Falcon is a big fake-out. The ship we keep seeing is going to be someone's well-maintained, pristine version of the freighter. Whatever ship this is, it's the one that makes Han fall in love with the YT-1300 Model (if that's still a thing), so that when the old familiar hunk-o-junk shows up (maybe even in much worse shape than we've ever seen it) Han jumps at the chance to own one, no matter the condition.

And Lando, probably having made the same conclusions since they are on this job together, has the same thing in mind and gets to it first, hence the established backstory.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 06:13 PM by Muftak »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: February 5, 2018, 07:35 PM »
You know that's gonna happen Nick.  :)

I was watching the game but was shocked it came on the 2nd possession not the 2nd quarter like was being talked about, haha.

I thought the trailer was cool.  I though Han said some Han-y things, and I felt like it looked interesting.  I like that Chewbacca is wearing gear from the Wookiee military as seen in ROTS.  I liked that Han flips that bike and I think that might be a kind of homage to Indy flipping the German bike in The Last Crusade (maybe I'm being too wishful, but I'm sticking with it).  I liked the trailer in general.

Not sure how the Khalisi will play out and if she'll be cool or not...  Woody Harrelson is cool all the time so I'm kinda excited about him.  Their Droid comrade looks interesting.  the fact you're seeing more of the Empire is interesting to me.  The fact they're keeping Han wanting to (or completely doing it) sign up with the Empire is good. 

Not a ton to go off of there, but I'm pretty content that it looks cool at least.  I'm also not feeling like my life has been a lie all because of TLJ though, which tends to be the negative reaction I see online.  Not a ton of tempered negative reviews (and if there were I only seemed to see them here), but full on flailing on the ground tantrums is much more the reaction I see to TLJ if you didn't care for it.  ::)  And by default those same people are ******** on this already, so hey, I'm just hoping they stay the **** home already and give up the franchise.  I doubt that happens but I hope.

As toys go I'm expecting nothing cool as far as articulation goes, but I'm expecting some cool customizing 5POA fodder and some vehicles I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown to pick up. 

And if the movie is cool great.  If the movie is eh, then ok.  If the movie sucks, I'll see it once and move on with my life waiting for episode 9. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 5, 2018, 08:57 PM »
Who knows?  Maybe he's the guy on the speeder bike that gets taken out?

I saw that and it's the first thing I thought of... and whether Disney would go that route.  It'd be like a bounty hunter origins story for whenever they decide to make a Fett movie.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 5, 2018, 10:05 PM »
There's a lot to like in this trailer (trailers?). Only things I'm iffy about are Han being a grifter, Woody Harrelson with the new Disney cliche of forming a team, and another lame tentacle monster. Otherwise it felt pretty solid.

I was expecting the worst, now I'm hoping for a fun popcorn flick.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 5, 2018, 10:43 PM »
When Han rolls the Falcon and smacks the TIE fighter into the wall....
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: February 6, 2018, 03:40 AM »

I liked that.   :D

I liked the dialogue just after too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 6, 2018, 11:43 AM »

I liked that.   :D

I liked the dialogue just after too.

I'm predicting that this movie will be filled with fan service...and watch the people who hate on TLJ for not having much fan service in it hate on this one as well.   :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 7, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Check out THIS ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ARTICLE for more about SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY.  It has some more images that have not been seen yet in the trailers, along with a little bit of background on some of the new characters.

Feedback

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Are there are rumors yet about a sale date for Solo tickets?
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 8, 2018, 09:13 PM »

Feedback