Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 166520 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2018, 07:56 PM »
I like the idea of Rey's parents being no one, at least thematically (I'd still have made them Han/Leia myself) but I agree, Kylo is almost certainly lying. He's deliberately manipulating her worst fear, and tearing down her defenses, simply to capitalize on their very tenuous relationship. I don't know what the out would be for Rey, in terms of parentage; Luke is off the table. At least I think that would be too much last minute revisionism (I suppose I bought Luke/Leia being siblings just fine...). Han and Leia make the most sense, but while Kylo may be lying, we would have to again do enormous heavy lifting now to retcon this. Bringing it back to the Solo movie - Qi'ra - maybe, but this will be a Darth Maul level HUH? for the general audience in IX. So not sure.

I also get the concept of Rey's parents not being connected to the whole Skywalker lineage.  The running theme from Lucasfilm has been about making the universe BIGGER, rather than trying to draw things together neatly.  But I keep going back to those scenes between Rey and Han in TFA, and the exchange between Maz and Han in her castle.  It seemed like such a clear case of foreshadowing.  But the one question mark in that theory is when Maz said to Rey "Whoever it is you were waiting for, they're not coming back".

I just realized one significant additional detail:  TFA and SOLO shared a screenwriter - Lawrence Kasdan. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 5, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Last time I posted here, Star Wars was a hit franchise!

So was SOLO any good? I boycotted.

Nah, I saw it opening week, the first time I've done that since the prequels. Of course, hearing the theaters were mostly empty motivated me (not to  support the film per se, but to enjoy it with less hewmons around).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 9, 2018, 01:14 PM »
I've been thinking about Enfys Nest and how cool the character could be in a sequel (like that would happen). Who do you think her parents are? Some people think her dad is Darth Maul which is stupid. I'm thinking she is the long lost daughter of Beckett and Val  From her skin, she seems to be a mix. What do you think?

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #258 on: August 9, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Did they mention they had a kid?  I don't remember that.  Why wouldn't Beckett have noticed her then?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #259 on: August 9, 2018, 04:56 PM »
I remember thinking in the theater for a moment her being Beckett's/Val's daughter was possible, because the reveal was staged in such way that it seemed like she was supposed to be somebody we knew... but the shock I guess was she was a teenager. I don't think she has to be anybody at this point - though I'd love to see her again. Darth Maul! Never heard that one.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 9, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Some people think her dad is Darth Maul which is stupid.

Okay, I'll say it...would that even be possible for someone who doesn't have any body parts left below the waist?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: August 9, 2018, 09:28 PM »
“Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place” - Star Trek Quote
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2018, 08:17 AM »
I don't think she's necessarily related to any other character we saw in Solo or elsewhere.  The one actor from the PT that I think she looked like was one of the Senators in ROTS (Fang Zar), but I get the feeling he was from another system.  And I don't think that Beckett or Val were likely old enough to have a child of Enfys Nest's age.  And based on what she had told of the people of Savareen, and how Crimson Dawn had silenced them?  That gave me the impression that Enfys had a direct link with them.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2018, 02:39 PM »
I got the impression that, like Darby says, the only "shock value" was that she was essentially a "kid". I think Beckett had a past with Enfys Nest because it's the whole "the outfit is the symbol" kind of thing and she was wearing the outfit now cause she stepped in when her mother, who had previously been wearing the costume, died.

I'm not sure there's really supposed to be anything more to it than that.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #264 on: February 4, 2019, 01:26 PM »
I just got the impression she was from that refining planet they were on (since the tongues were all cut out there too), or someplace similar. The shock was she was just a kid. I think Han saw a lot of himself in her, since she was a kid trying to take control of her life, as he did, but did something completely different with it.

Making her related to any major character would just be lame and make no sense.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 5, 2019, 03:00 PM »
That seems to be the running theme.  Han was getting used and beaten by the White Worms on Corellia until he fought back and escaped.  I think that when Enfys Nest told Han the story of how Crimson Dawn had "silenced" the opposition on Savareen with their brutality, turning on them was an easy decision for him.

Feedback