Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS)  (Read 210649 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Star Wars Episode IX
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2018, 04:42 PM »
The question is though, how can footage from Episode 7 serve the story of Episode 9?

Pure speculation, but the most significant scene I can think of involving Leia from TFA that we never saw involves Maz delivering the lightsaber to her. We see a glimpse of this in the Celebration Teaser. I think it's unlikely actual scenes will be grafted into IX though, considering the narrative challenges, but I think this is probably somewhere they're drawing from. I imagine also that they may simply use footage but generate new dialogue, either through recorded sound of her left unused or dubbing.

I expected an off screen death and a funeral and I didn't want that. I didn't want a three movie wake for my OT heroes. I'm glad it's this way, even if it's not perfect. I'm glad because they won't bring her back to kill her off. She's going to survive the movie, and I can't think of anything better that Leia lives, and goes on fighting.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Weren't there also scenes of her trying to track down Poe and sending a delegation to the Republic looking for more help? I seem to remember that from the novelization. Not that I can begin to figure out how to use those moments post-TLJ, either...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Weren't there also scenes of her trying to track down Poe and sending a delegation to the Republic looking for more help? I seem to remember that from the novelization. Not that I can begin to figure out how to use those moments post-TLJ, either...

I saw images from a scene that Leia was supposed to have with Kor Sella in TFA.  That actually preceded the reveal of Leia as she was getting off the Resistance Transport on Takodana.  But evidently JJ Abrams wanted the reveal of Leia to coincide with her reunion with Han Solo.  I think it may have actually been in the deleted scened, but it had Leia sending Kor off to Hosnian Prime to get assistance from the Republic in opposition to the First Order.  But of course Kor Sella was waiting in terror as the Starkiller fired Hosnian Prime in TFA, destroying the Republic Capitol.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:39 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2018, 09:48 PM »
Yep, the scene with Kor is on the DVD. Don't think this is where they source from, but really who knows. It could be a simple scene or exchange, and she's only present for a brief moment.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: August 2, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

I see that SW.com updated the original story to include Keri Russell officially now - "Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell"

As a fan of The Americans TV show, I'm pretty excited to see her in this movie.  Hopefully she gets to do more than Holdo did.  :)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2018, 10:37 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 3, 2018, 11:05 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #111 on: August 3, 2018, 11:11 AM »
As much as I'd like to see Gran Admiral Thrawn portrayed in a movie....I'd rather not see him in Episode IX....he's be over 100 years old.  Do Chiss even live that long?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 3, 2018, 01:37 PM »
Well the last time we saw him he was taken away by space whales. Maybe he has been in a time warp with Bridger?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: August 3, 2018, 02:01 PM »
So will Grant play Grand Admiral Thrawn in Episode IX?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/998547/Star-Wars-Episode-9-Thrawn-Richard-E-Grant-cast-characters

LOL, Express.  Last time it was Benicio...

Is Benicio del Toro playing THRAWN in The Last Jedi?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/785604/Star-Wars-8-Benicio-del-Toro-THRAWN-The-Last-Jedi-Rebels-Ezra-Bridger-Man-in-Black

Before that, it was Ben Mendelson...

Is Ben Mendelson playing Admiral Thrawn?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/659003/Star-Wars-Rogue-One-new-trailer-felicity-jones-ben-mendelson-Anthology

Keep throwing **** against the wall and eventually something's gonna stick.... ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 3, 2018, 02:59 PM »
I hear through motion capture technology he is playing the bottom half of Darth Maul that didn't actually die.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 3, 2018, 04:59 PM »
I hear through motion capture technology he is playing the bottom half of Darth Maul that didn't actually die.

Dave wins the internet for today.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: August 3, 2018, 11:55 PM »
It’s like the “Stan” method of rumor reporting for toys!

Btw if the bottom half of Maul just runs around to the Benny Hill theme in 9 I’m happy with that.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2018, 11:56 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 6, 2018, 10:38 AM »
I listened to MSW's most recent podcast and they were discussing the cut footage of Leia in TFA.  Evidently there was a fair amount of footage shot of Leia where Maz returned the lightsaber to Leia.  We saw that in the trailer, and it was also intended to be in the movie.  Maz returns the lightsaber to Leia, and Leia came to the conclusion that maybe Finn is the person who should take the lightsaber and passed it along to him.  However, when Harrison Ford got injured on set there was some significant retooling of the second act, including that scene.  The MSW guys also mentioned that there might be some unused footage from TLJ that could get incorporated, too.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Following the main cast announcement there have been some additional bits of casting news:

THR:  Dominic Monaghan Joins 'Star Wars: Episode IX'

VARIETY:  ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Casts Matt Smith in Key Role

Bringing in Monaghan reunited JJ Abrams with one of the cast of 'Lost'.  And Matt Smith is certainly no stranger to genre material having been the lead in Dr. Who.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2018, 10:57 PM »
Which one is going to be Thrawn?   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.