Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS)  (Read 212409 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS)
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2019, 02:26 PM »
The trailer gives me the vibe that they are taking plot points from the original draft of TFA...where they were going around to all these different locations looking for clues to find Luke.

Maybe Palpatine cleaved his soul into 7 pieces and the gang is trying to outrace Kylo on collecting them.  They can call the relics Forcecruxes

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2019, 03:22 PM »
I can get behind the Holocron idea for Palpatine.  If he's still alive that cheapens Anakin's redemption in ROTJ and if he's a force ghost that undercuts what was established in ROTS.  Although I don't put it past Jar Jar Abrams to do either of those things.

The return of Palpatine has always been low-hanging fruit in the post-OT Star Wars galaxy...there's a reason it was explored in the very first EU continuation (Dark Empire was written before Heir to the Empire, but published after.)

I guess I have long felt you could explain the "giant blast of evil" that happens down the DS II shaft as kind of the yang to Yoda gently fading away's yin. Both are dead, but neither is "Gone Forever." A dead Palpatine is still a very powerful threat...Yoda still has the power to influence the galaxy enough to call lightning to burn down the Jedi Tree as a Force Ghost, after all. Imagine that influence used for evil.

ROTS clearly states the one thing left for Palpatine to achieve is the secret of life over death, and he has 25 or so years between film appearances there to figure out the Sith equivalent of Qui-Gon's merge with the Living Force.

I guess it was a pretty good teaser trailer, to bring all this speculation forth about things I had long since stopped considering.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2019, 02:21 AM »
Pretty cool, looking forward to it. :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2019, 08:29 PM »
I just made the horrid mistake of going to the Rebelscum forums to see the reactions on the trailer. What a bunch of ******* dickholes over there. I feel like I need a shower.

FYI, if you're a fan that didn't like The Last Jedi, for whatever reason (and there's always a reason underlying it all), it doesn't mean everyone hated it, or it was a bad movie. What a bunch of joyless [something too negative for even our liberal obscenity filters].

We can all find problems with any of the Star Wars movies...except Rogue One, that **** was perfection.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2019, 09:35 PM »
I just wanna have fun talking about Star Wars but man it’s tough to go anywhere these days and try having a normal chat and enjoy some hype on new Star Wars.  There is always someone wanting to bring it down.

Cool if you didn’t like it but jeez, when is enough enough expressing that you hate the new films?  This is why we can’t gave nice things!  Lol
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2019, 12:25 AM »
I just made the horrid mistake of going to the Rebelscum forums to see the reactions on the trailer. What a bunch of ******* dickholes over there. I feel like I need a shower.

FYI, if you're a fan that didn't like The Last Jedi, for whatever reason (and there's always a reason underlying it all), it doesn't mean everyone hated it, or it was a bad movie. What a bunch of joyless [something too negative for even our liberal obscenity filters].

We can all find problems with any of the Star Wars movies...except Rogue One, that **** was perfection.

How dare you blaspheme The Empire Strikes Back!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2019, 12:26 AM »
I just wanna have fun talking about Star Wars but man it’s tough to go anywhere these days and try having a normal chat and enjoy some hype on new Star Wars.  There is always someone wanting to bring it down.

Cool if you didn’t like it but jeez, when is enough enough expressing that you hate the new films?  This is why we can’t gave nice things!  Lol

My issues with JJ Abrams aside, I am excited to see this film.  What really gets me hyped is seeing my boys excited to see this!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2019, 12:44 AM »
The whole weekend was kind of overwhelming...  From 9's news to the new TV show stuff today, to the Fallen Order stuff, to Clone Wars stuff... it was like a tsunami of new stuff and information.  Like being on the Poseidon Adventure of Star Wars news in a matter of a few days, haha.

Forget toys and stuff too!  The Disney droids stuff and Disney park stuff, and on and on.  Yikes.  And there wasn't even a lot of TVC news out of the show, just a lot of news in general about everything.  My friends looked like they had a great time too.  I wish I could've gone on one hand, and on the other I hate crowds and traveling in general. 

But the 9 hype felt like just the beginning once the weekend was over.  The trailer is still a blast to watch and I'm kinda surprised by the ship going to what appears to be Battu there now.  Just fun stuff all around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2019, 11:57 AM »
The trailer looks great.  I'm not even going to speculate on what's going on - just happy with the visuals and possibilities ahead!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Read an interesting post on Reddit about that shot of the group looking at the partially submerged Death Star wreckage, mainly the scale of it all. Granted we don't know how far away the wreck is from the cliff in the trailer, but one guy was theorizing it should have been much, much bigger.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Read an interesting post on Reddit about that shot of the group looking at the partially submerged Death Star wreckage, mainly the scale of it all. Granted we don't know how far away the wreck is from the cliff in the trailer, but one guy was theorizing it should have been much, much bigger.

Scaling has been an issue with Star Wars for a long time....just ask Jesse!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2019, 03:08 PM »
I'm hoping for recycled TFA scenes from the underwater Death Star.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2019, 12:38 AM »

Scaling has been an issue with Star Wars for a long time....just ask Jesse!  :D

Truth.

That said are they looking at it as a DS 2 or a DS 1?  🤔

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2019, 11:06 AM »
I'm guessing that it's the DS2 and they are on Endor.  If there's some sort of Palpatine connection it would have to be the DS2 since he was not on the DS1.

On another note, I understand that this is the spoiler thread, but I am going to try and stay away from any spoilers, but I love speculating on what we see from the trailers.  I'd be happy to continue this in the non-spoiler section...I just don't want to accidentally see anything posted in here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2019, 11:57 AM »
On another note, I understand that this is the spoiler thread, but I am going to try and stay away from any spoilers, but I love speculating on what we see from the trailers.  I'd be happy to continue this in the non-spoiler section...I just don't want to accidentally see anything posted in here.

I'm going to drop out of this thread soon too. 

I personally think poorly informed speculation is okay in the non-spoiler thread, but my guess is this thread is going to start pulling in some speculation fueled by non-public material leaded that shouldn't be revealed in the main thread.