Author Topic: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 36660 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2015, 01:32 PM »
I honestly don't have room for a second BMF, so kind of happy to not have the choice.   ;)

+1

Glad to see something new done in this area.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #106 on: September 5, 2015, 11:01 AM »
Wasn't sure where else to post this, but with Force Friday come and gone - and now getting more rumors and confirmation on what's coming in the next waves heading towards the end of the year, is anyone else surprised that we've seen no mention at all of Han, Luke, and Leia in any toy form?  Heck, even the other items like shirts, posters, etc. don't have any mention unless they are just classic pictures from the OT.  I thought we'd be seeing Han and Luke at least in one of the later 6" waves, but those spots seem to be filling up fast.  I understand they are keeping them under wraps to some extent, and pushing the new trio/baddie, but it would be nice to see something coming for the classic characters.  Chewie is really the only one showing up, and R2/3PO when the Mission Series starts hitting.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 5, 2015, 11:14 AM »
I think they're being strategically held back in all of the marketing, toy lines included.  LFL/Disney clearly wants to push the new generation of characters.  And with the exception of that Vanity Fair cover, most of the promo images revolve around Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron, BB-8 and Kylo Ren.  That is very deliberate.  Because when you do bring in those legacy players like Harrison Ford with his bit at the end of the 2nd trailer people lost their minds.  They couldn't focus at all on the other characters, just "Chewie, we're home".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 5, 2015, 01:41 PM »
Very true, Nick... except for Daisy Ridley for me.  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 9, 2015, 08:21 PM »
I've been catching up on some rumors and news, and I'm thinking that the Knights of Ren might make some decent fodder for figures.  The concept art is pretty awesome.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Sorry, I have no idea where else to post this:

Can we start an official basic figure release thread here like in the Black Series forum?

I am really confused on the case assortments after Wave 1. I keep seeing people posting about finding the Asty/Plank wave but no one ever bothers to mention what other figures are in that wave, which I assume is Wave 2. Is that the same wave with the Ezra and Kanan repacks?

Also saw a packaged photo of a repacked Inquisitor (1st one) on a TFA card so curious what wave that is too.

Thanks for considering!  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2015, 10:49 AM »
I am really confused on the case assortments after Wave 1. I keep seeing people posting about finding the Asty/Plank wave but no one ever bothers to mention what other figures are in that wave, which I assume is Wave 2. Is that the same wave with the Ezra and Kanan repacks?

The Asty, Sarco Plank wave also has the repacks of Kanan, Ezra and the First Order Stormtrooper (with a new/different weapon part). It also contains a sorta repack of the First Order Snowtrooper (the "first" release is with the First Order Snowspeeder) but this version is not an officer. So the breakdown is:
  • 3 new TFA figs
  • 1 repack TFA fig
  • 2 repack Rebels figs

That wave is Wave 2 of the Snow/Desert figures...

The repackaged Inquisitor is part of Wave 2 of the Jungle/Space figures, that wave is:
  • Kylo Ren (repack with new build-a-weapon piece)
  • General Hux
  • Goss Toowers
  • PZ-4C0
  • Guavian Enforcer
  • The Inquisitor (Rebels figure repack)

As far as I know, when it comes to the Build-a-Weapon waves, this is all we know about right now...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2015, 11:00 AM »
Can we start an official basic figure release thread here like in the Black Series forum?

I have been meaning to, I just haven't had a chance yet - I will try to do it today.

edit:
done! :)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:14 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the info!  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Saw an interesting article on Steve Evans, Hasbro’s Star Wars design director (since 2014) "and the man responsible for every The Force Awakens toy" (for better or worse, depending on the circles in which you travel :P).

Thought this was pretty interesting on the figures...

Matter of fact, if you thought you had seen all The Force Awakens merchandise previewed on Force Friday, think again. While dozens of new action figures were shown off, those were carefully selected to be only from the first third of the film so as to not give away anything which hasn’t been already seen in the trailers.

"As we lead up to December 18, there's a certain amount that gets released," says Evans. "There are certain surprises from our product line that no one knows about, that we'll release leading up to the movie, at the movie, and beyond the movie."

Made me wonder if those "surprises" are still surprises or if they've all been spoiled at this point....  also left me wondering just how many figures they are planning from TFA.  50-60?  More?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2015, 11:44 AM »
We haven't really seen anything about Han, Luke or Leia yet.  Guess they aren't in the first third of the film.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Yeah that's kind of neat that they may appear late.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Does that mean we have a Bespin duel flashback?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Yes, the Bespin Duel flashback happens right after the Rebel Season 1 flashback with Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitor and right before the ROTJ flashback with Armor Up Fett and Jedi Luke. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Yes, the Bespin Duel flashback happens right after the Rebel Season 1 flashback with Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitor and right before the ROTJ flashback with Armor Up Fett and Jedi Luke.

I can't wait for the flashback with the super-Armored-up tongue Action Jar Jar Binks Full Metal Jacket cross-over with Comtech chip!!
"Meesa love you long time, Anniiiiiieeeee!"