Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Disney "Star Wars Elite Series" Die-Cast Figures

(1/21) > >>

Jeff:
Interesting news from D23 today...

--- Quote ---Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at D23 EXPO on Friday, August 14. The collection will feature apparel, collectibles, and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series, a new line of highly articulated and detailed die cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The action figures will be sold individually at Disney Store locations beginning later this year; however, D23 EXPO attendees have the opportunity to purchase the full set of Star Wars Elite Series action figures, which includes D23 EXPO-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO.
--- End quote ---

Highly articulated die-cast action figures?  No mention of price or scale though... 

Qui-Gon Jim:
Hopefully the quality is better than their die-cast ships.  The ships look nice, but the "play" features like rotating guns, landing gear, etc are... lacking.  The X-Wing for example looks great, except for the plastic parts, mainly the cannons.  Bent and warped and fragile.  The landing gear on the X-Wing, Snow Speeder and Falcon are all crap.  Still, for $8, they are pretty cool toys and my son loves them.

Dave:
I'm not an action figure expert, but are there examples of well done die cast figures out there to know what might even be possible?

This just doesn't sound interesting to me...

Jeff:
There are things like Hasbro's Titanium Series Forged figures... though I would not have called those "highly articulated". 

There was a line of 8" hyper-detail die cast from Japan

At the very high end, you have stuff like Bandai's Perfect Model Chogokin C-3PO.

I think someone in Japan is also doing a new die-cast line... here we go - Metal Collection (Metacolle) Star Wars #01 Darth Vader by Takara Tomy

Lots of stuff out there, mostly overseas though...  it's an interesting concept but usually "highly articulated" and "die cast" don't go well together without some plastic in there too.

Jeff:
From Twitter.  Still no confirmation on how articulated or what scale they are...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version