Author Topic: Disney "Star Wars Elite Series" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 46430 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Disney "Star Wars Elite Series" Die-Cast Figures
« Reply #30 on: November 9, 2015, 11:35 PM »
Stormtrooper is so tempting.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:55 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 10:06 AM »
Stormtrooper is In Stock and available online at the Disney Store!

I just gots mine, no way this thing does not sell out.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53 AM »
I have several problems with how Disney is releasing these.

A.) Its a Monday when the vast majority of people have to work or are in school.  Make it a Saturday or Sunday to appease the majority.
B.) Its not a consistent time/process.  Grievous was first come, first served at 10am.  Trooper is a lottery at 1PM.  What will the others be?
C.) No age limit for the lottery.  The tickets should only be allocated to people paying for their own stuff so one guy can't get 3 for dragging his toddlers along.
D.) Limit of one per person until some arbitrary time.  They should raffle at 1PM, give it 15 minutes, then let people buy the remainders.  by 4:00 they had put the extras out on the floor with all the other figures and no limit. Even though...
E.) The site protects a limit of one figure per person, despite being up a day later than the in-store raffle goodness.

I totally get and even appreciate them trying to make these spread out for as many people as possible, but I'd change just about every decision they've made to enable that.  Make them one per paying customer from 10-11 on some Saturday.  Big raffle event at 11 for everyone who put their name in.  Hold another raffle or make them available without limit by 12, which is also when they should go up on the site.  Move an hour here or there to match up time zones if you need to.  Done.

In the end, I did end up with 4 of the troopers: One from the raffle, one I paid a guy $40 to go buy for me, and two from when they put out another case at around 4:00.  I was at the mall SEVERAL hours to make that happen, but I really wanted a foursome to go with Vader.  Not sure what I'll do about Vader and Fett as I really only need one of each and they've been readily available on the site the following day.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:55 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 11:56 AM »
Grabbed a Stormtrooper tonight. Thanks to Justin for the tip!

Glad you grabbed one!  I called the store this morning and there's just two left.  I have a $10 off coupon that starts today, but would need to buy two of them to use it, and not going back there a second day.  :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 12:22 PM »
Your solution is better than the current way it's run, Justin.  I agree.  1 per person per family if these are indeed a limited run item.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Looks like some figures finally got re-stocked online. I was able to order Phasma, but still no Maul.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Looks like some figures finally got re-stocked online. I was able to order Phasma, but still no Maul.

Everything outside of Maul and grievous appears to be in stock for $24.95 each.  I have a $10 off $50 coupon, but of course, I'm $.10 short of being able to use it on two figures and would miss out on the free shipping for 3 figures by $.15.   :-\

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 08:43 AM »
Vader is up for order but I am seriously conflicted about continuing on with this line. I don't see any end in sight and space is a real issue now.

Collector conundrum!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 08:55 AM »
I really wanted to grab a Vader online today.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:54 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2015, 04:50 PM »
I nabbed Vader at the store on my way home yesterday.  He looks awesome with the shiny metal armor compared the plastic from the black series figures.  Like Nick, I've picked up a lot of these, but not set on being a completest.  I'm not getting Anakin, Finn, or Maul unless I see them really cheap.  The draw for me is mostly in the figures that wear armor or are made of metal because the finish looks so much more realistic than plastic.  Most of what has come out fits this mold (E7 figs, Vader, Stormtrooper, Grievous, Upcoming Fett), but most of the remaining characters do not.  Outside of more imperial troops I don't think I'll get too many more.

Looks like they did the standard 1:00 lottery for Vader yesterday, but there were still nine left when I swung by after work.  They have a limit of one per customer at the lottery, then apparently a limit of two per customer once they put them out with the rest of the merchandise.  The site still has a limit of one per person, which stinks for shipping.  I get the initial limit to make sure everyone gets one, but after that do you really need to restrict the number per person?  Guess I'll have to bring in my kids next time so I can get six Fetts.   ::)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 8, 2015, 08:58 AM »
 :'(  Limited run and scalpers stink

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 8, 2015, 10:11 AM »
I can't tell you how fired up I am about missing out on Fett over the last 24 hours.  ALL of the previous releases have had product in store post raffle and online the next morning.  I could not be there for the raffle on this one.  I know it's 1PM on Monday when most of us are sitting around wondering what to do with our day, but I actually had to get work done and attend a meeting versus hanging out at super convenient MOA.  I did manage to leave work early at 3:00 in anticipation of grabbing one at either of the two Disney stores, but called ahead to find both stores completely sold out.  Having been to previous raffles, I'm sure Guy-with-his-two-infants was allowed to buy up three at a time.  Awesome.  No matter - they are always available online the next day, right?  I was up until 1am working (gotta make up for ditching work at 3PM somehow) and checked the site before bed, but no sign of Fett.  At least I went to bed confident I could order one on the site the next day. Woke up at 5:30, showered and immediately went to order some Mando awesomeness...only to find him sold out already.  WTH.  Meanwhile on Ebay, there are 55 Elite Fetts up for sale (not including the 77 that already sold for at least twice retail in the last 24 hours).  Loving the fact that every other seller has 3 or 4 of them in his picture too.  Thanks Disney!  Awesome job releasing these and preventing scalping.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 8, 2015, 10:34 AM »
Yes the listings with 3 in the photo brighten my day. A%$*&#&s

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 8, 2015, 12:03 PM »
I bought one off Ebay for a little over $60 shipped.  I will get over my anger at every stage of this experience at some point.  Not soon though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender